Good IEM/Earbuds for my Zune 80?
Mar 14, 2008 at 8:48 PM Post #16 of 18
Do you need canalphones/IEMs for isolation? If not, get a pair of Yuin PK3s, or wait for the OK3s, which can be both canalphones or ear buds (see thread).

If you are looking for a better in-ear phone than either the CX300 or EP630 (both of which we have in our household, and neither of which I can stand listening to), then get a pair of Altec-Lansing im616s on Amazon for $39.95. I have them, and they are an Ety-based phone with clear mids and highs, and enough bass. In fact, I just plugged the 616s into my Zune80 and compared them to the Senn CX300s, and it's not even close. The ALs crush the Senns. Granted, the bass on the AL's is not deep, it's punchy and crisp. And if you ever get an amp, the AL's really improved when amped. Not sure about the Senn's but doubt it would make much of a difference.

Anyway, that's a couple of alternatives. I think the Yuins offer the best sound, especially as earbuds (if you want and buy the OK3s, that is). The PK3s sound better than both the Creative or Senn canalphones. They also cost more, but you might be able to pick up a used pair of PK3s for $35 or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back