Good idea? TV audio out to headphone amp
Jun 18, 2009 at 9:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Rainbow Randy

Formerly known as Chicomm4
I just ordered my first serious headphone amp (Headroom Micro), and I'll probably be using it mostly with an iPod or laptop. I'm also thinking of hooking it up on occasion to the audio out (RCA) of my Sony 40v2500. I have a PS3 and a HD DVD player hooked up to it via HDMI, and I have a Wii and a satellite receiver hooked up via RCA.

Is it better to set the audio out to 'variable or 'fixed'? Also, I'd probably be listening to the PS3 (Blu-rays, DVDs, video games--in that order) the most of the hardware hooked up to my TV-- would it be worth the hassle to do PS3 RCA audio out>RCA-mini adapter>HR Micro instead of going through the TV? And general thoughts on going through the audio out of a TV would be much appreciated. Thanks.

If it matters, my primary phones will be HD600 and HF-2.

Jun 19, 2009 at 12:45 AM Post #2 of 2
First of all, if you're gonna use the audio out of anything, set it to fixed and adjust your volume through your amp.

Secondly, I don't think using your tv's audio out is a good thing as it degrades the signal somewhat I suppose. The only reasons I can think of why you would want to do that is 1) you want to use your tv's remote to adjust your volume, and 2) you're having audio syncing problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back