Good headphones for filming?
Jul 3, 2005 at 2:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Thehebrewhammer

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for a cheap closed pair of headphones that would be useful for monitoring audio on the set of a film. They would need to be easily powered by my Panasonic PVGS70 camera (which is just a small camcorder). Has anyone had any luck with the Sennheiser PX200s for this, or the Sennheiser HD201s?

Thanks

Jul 3, 2005 at 5:37 AM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thehebrewhammer
I'm looking for a cheap closed pair of headphones that would be useful for monitoring audio on the set of a film. They would need to be easily powered by my Panasonic PVGS70 camera (which is just a small camcorder). Has anyone had any luck with the Sennheiser PX200s for this, or the Sennheiser HD201s?

Thanks

Hmmm...just got a pair of Sennheiser HD280Pro and they just seem to be perfect for what you are trying to do. Also they are low impedence cans as well, 64 Ohms.

They seals very well, very comfortable and has a relatively flat response curve. Their extreme freq ends can be better, but hey for their price, you can't really beat them..

Cheers!
SH

Jul 4, 2005 at 4:29 PM Post #5 of 5
While there are a number of good choices for film, or video uses. Such as the; Beyer, dt250, dt100, dt150, dt48 - or Sennheiser hd280. The Sony 7506 / V6 are the most affordable that can get the job done, which is why you see them so often on the set, or being used for other production uses.

A good source for professional sound gear for motion picture / television, is "Location Sound" located in North Hollywood. Or "Coast Recording Supply", located in Hollywood, whoses merchandise is more aimed towards "studio recording". Incidently, "Coast" is located just around the corner from the former site of Phil Spector's favorite recording studio "Gold Star".

- augustwest

Users who are viewing this thread

Back