Good headphone that kick/rattling/vibrate?
Apr 18, 2012 at 12:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

lubczyk

100+ Head-Fier
I hate to admit it, but I kind of like the way the Skullcandy Skullcrushers vibrate. The actual sound quality is horrible, but I like the feeling when there is a thud in a song, or an explosion in a movie that the actual headphone vibrates and therefore, my head, neck, shoulders feel it. It's a cool feeling in some circumstance. I know that people want the car subwoofer, cinema or club experience in a headphone and it is impossible, but headphones that vibrate and/or rattle give a somewhat familiar feel.

I've tried the Beats by Dre Studios but the sound quality is terrible and they don't rattle/vibrate. I don't want to disturb others, so sound bars and speaker systems are out of the question.

Can anyone name some headphones with decent sound quality that give good to decent "feedback" for lack of a better word.

I'm just curious what we can come up with.

Apr 18, 2012 at 12:09 PM Post #2 of 5
XB500 + ZO2.3 will rattle your skull from the bass quantity and doesn't require a built-in vibrator to do so, it's just done with pure bass pressure. :p

Apr 18, 2012 at 12:13 PM Post #3 of 5
I honestly don't know what to tell you.  The Beats Studios to me sound a bit better than the Skullcrushers, and they're very prone to rattling at high volumes because their enclosure is just so fragile and conducive to transmitting vibration.  Any other expensive headphone and that effect will be minimized in favor of more rigid frames that serve to better dampen the sound. 

You might look into a bass transducer to put under whatever chair you use when you listen with the headphones.  You can hook it up to some sort of receiver along with your headphones, and use it to vibrate to the lfe in music. 

Apr 18, 2012 at 2:37 PM Post #4 of 5
i 2nd the xb500's, running them thru a fiio e6 with bass boost is scary lol, out of a headphone amp where im using foobar as the source, after some eq kung fu, these things turn into grenades, i dont know how i havent gone deaf yet lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back