Good first custom fit IEM?
Nov 2, 2013 at 2:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

dmbphan041

Head-Fier
Looking to spend around $300.

What else should I be looking at besides the Westone CR1?

Thanks in advance!

Nov 3, 2013 at 5:11 PM Post #6 of 13
  what about Westone W4's reshelled into customs? 

well why not just use them universally, if you buy say the w4/r and reshell them into customs, its going to be hard to sell them, as the new buyer will obviously have to reshell them, so the resale value is going to be low and your going to take a loss.

is there any particular reason you want customs?

Nov 3, 2013 at 8:34 PM Post #8 of 13
  no real reason for the custom fit, just like fancy things I guess. :p

oh i  understand.  i just wondered if there was any specific reason. like i said i know you want customs, but do take into consideration if you get a universal and make it a custom and decide to sell it, the resell value will be about 40% or less than what you paid. obviously a custom that is already a custom like the jh5  that more taken into consideration as many buyers know what they are getting into wirth customs where as universals have a more mass appeal as you just put them in your ear and go. thats just something to take into consideration.

Nov 3, 2013 at 9:50 PM Post #9 of 13
I say save up more do some research and go for the gold.  If you're going through the process of impressions and getting them made might as well go to the top.

Nov 3, 2013 at 10:00 PM Post #10 of 13
I'm not too sure I agree. If going for the JH5 I will say that it is a very good ciem. It may not be at the top but still good. At $400 plus impressions it is a bargain. However that does depend on your budget. If you can afford it going for the top is recommended but if this is all you want to spend then the JH5 is the only option at this price range to me.

Nov 3, 2013 at 10:07 PM Post #11 of 13
Yeah, true I'm just thinking of the disease known as upgradeitis..I've owned the JH5 it is a great custom, not just great entry level custom but great custom period.  If that's as high as you want to go you wont be disappointed.

Nov 3, 2013 at 10:30 PM Post #12 of 13
  Yeah, true I'm just thinking of the disease known as upgradeitis..I've owned the JH5 it is a great custom, not just great entry level custom but great custom period.  If that's as high as you want to go you wont be disappointed.

that is running rampid in me and this whole community lol

Nov 4, 2013 at 8:43 PM Post #13 of 13
is it black friday yet?

how bout now?

now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back