good customs for rock/electronic/classical for <$350USD
Sep 17, 2011 at 4:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

regicide

Head-Fier
Recently I decided I needed a good pair of IEMs, I had always thought customs were far too expensive to be a viable option for me, after starting a thread seeking a good pair of (universal) IEMs I came across mentions of both 1964 ears and livewires.

Now that I have found out customs are affordable, I am very keen.

Im looking at ~350USD for the customs themselves (excluding postage, ear impressions, etc.).
I listen to mostly rock (60-70%), electronic (20%), classical(10-20%).
I also am not a fan of overpowering bass (that is to say bass that is emphasized greatly), I quite like the bass on my grado sr80i for example.

So far im looking at the
  1. livewires/fidelity duals
  2. 1964 duals

any other IEM within the same price range beat these two? Which of them is preferable for my genre?
How do the above customs compare with universal IEMs in the same price range? I am finding it very hard to find 

Thanks again, and sorry for the double threads (I couldnt see a way to delete the other).
~Chris

Sep 17, 2011 at 7:25 AM Post #2 of 3
You can also buy universal IEMs and send them to reshell with added drivers. BTW if you raise your budget bit then JH5Pro are highely recommended but universal IEMs like EX1000 are also highely recommended.

Sep 17, 2011 at 5:12 PM Post #3 of 3

Quote:
You can also buy universal IEMs and send them to reshell with added drivers. BTW if you raise your budget bit then JH5Pro are highely recommended but universal IEMs like EX1000 are also highely recommended.

1964 does reshelling but its $200, so thats a large portion of my budget.
Arent the ex1000 $500?

The JH5Pro are $400, that is only stretching my budget a little but at $350 it is already a little stretched, how do the JH5pro compare to the customs mentioned above?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back