good books on rf design/techniques
Mar 6, 2003 at 12:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

zzz

500+ Head-Fier
Not exactly audio, I know, but hopefully there are enough real electrical engineers around here to be able to make some recommendations.

I'm looking for a book (or a few books) covering tuned circuits, oscillators, rf amplifiers, modulators, filters, detectors, striplines, waveguides, impedance matching, and other stuff of importance when working at radio frequencies. Something covering both tubes and transistors would be cool (for all I know tubes are still used quite a bit in transmitters, so I hope this shouldn't be too unreasonable).

I've been browsing amazon, by it's hard to understand if the book is any good just by its name and a brief description. And the set of books I found that seems to cover my list is a little too expensive for me right now. Better to ask for an advice from someone whose work might involve that stuff.

I'm not afraid of rigor or physics. Something at the level of AoE would be perfect. Say it would be cool if some of the advanced results from physics are described before being referenced. But I'd rather get something that is hard to understand but could be used as a real reference in the future. Something not entirely dumbed down.

Danke.

Mar 6, 2003 at 4:50 AM Post #3 of 3
Thanks a ton; this seems to be exactly what I was looking for. Ordered a hardcover, as I know that at over 1200 pages softcover wouldn't survive for long in my hands
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back