Good amp for ATH-M50?
Jan 3, 2011 at 4:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

CareyPrice31

Montreal Canadiens
What are some good extremely portable amps for the Audio Technica ATH-M50's?

I was thinking maybe the Pico SLIM or iBasso T3D?

Jan 3, 2011 at 8:28 PM Post #4 of 8
Do you want portable or what? I would suggest a E7 for portable as you can always use it as DAC later on when you upgrade. If you want a non-portable amp look at some budget tube amps like the Hifiman EF2. They are almost always better than solid states at the 160 price range.

Jan 3, 2011 at 8:32 PM Post #5 of 8

I want portable (very portable) - is the Pico Slim a good choice?

I'm willing to spend under $300.
Quote:
Do you want portable or what? I would suggest a E7 for portable as you can always use it as DAC later on when you upgrade. If you want a non-portable amp look at some budget tube amps like the Hifiman EF2. They are almost always better than solid states at the 160 price range.

Jan 3, 2011 at 8:37 PM Post #6 of 8
The M50 doesnt require that much power so i'll suggest that you look into portable DAC and amp combos like the Nuforce range so you can always keep it later on when you upgrade. But yes the pico slim is a good choice.

Quote:
I want portable (very portable) - is the Pico Slim a good choice?

I'm willing to spend under $300.
Quote:

Jan 5, 2011 at 5:25 AM Post #8 of 8
does the m50 benefit much from an amp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back