Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 25, 2024 at 1:07 PM Post #59,912 of 62,906
Newbie to Bluetooth question:

When a DAP sends a music file via Bluetooth, does it get processed through the DAC & the other hardware first?

No it doesn't, because DAC means digital-to-analog converter and is only relevant for wired playback. Bluetooth audio streaming is solely digital and involves neither the DAC nor the output stage (amp) of your DAP.

Jan 25, 2024 at 1:40 PM Post #59,913 of 62,906
Yes, your TWS do all the heavy lifting.. Think of it like AM/FM and Over the air TV transmission. Your radio and TV just receive the signal, then process it using different methods, frequency modulation, Amplitude modulation or Composite…
This is digital though, and a different method.
👍

Jan 25, 2024 at 2:08 PM Post #59,914 of 62,906
Samsung quickly becoming the new Apple. Which begs the question as to why we even need Samsung.
how does this make any sense? we need samsung because they are not iOS. what other reason do we need?

Jan 25, 2024 at 2:25 PM Post #59,916 of 62,906
The open-source nature of Android, not a proprietary ecosystem.

But we have many choices.

Ok so why take away a huge choice like Samsung? That's the antithesis of the open-source nature of Android.

I mean believe me, I'd like more serious competition to Samsung in the space, they have too much market share. But your solution that we just don't need them does not compute.

Jan 25, 2024 at 3:03 PM Post #59,917 of 62,906
Someone likes Samsung, I would not touch them for a phone if they do not include the main Codecs in 2024 as I have no need for their earbuds so pushing their own codec on me is pointless.

I have always had Moto (from back when it was Moto) and they have the most pure version of Android, the yanks get Version/Verizon (not sure of name) Droid model which was even more so again, if I had to buy now it would be Moto or Asus but knowing Asus theirs would be a lot of bloatware.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2024 at 3:05 PM Post #59,918 of 62,906
Someone likes Samsung, I would not touch them for a phone if they do not include the main Codecs in 2024 as I have no need for their earbuds so pushing there own codec on me is pointless.

I have always had Moto (from back when it was Moto) and they have the most pure version of Android, the yanks get a Version's Droid model which was even more so again, if I had to buy now it would be Moto or Asus but knowing Asus theirs would be a lot of bloatware.

I'm not a Samsung fan. I have had a Samsung once. But otherwise I've had LG, HTC, Nexus and now Pixel phones. I hate that Samsung is such a big player in the space and really want more competition for Android phones. But I cannnot support statements that 'we don't need samsung anymore' - that just does not make sense.

Jan 25, 2024 at 3:11 PM Post #59,919 of 62,906
I have no love or hate for them, just hope there QC is better on their phones than high end monitors I have had.

I own a Samsung 2023 Soundbar+Satellite/Rear speakers so I would not want them gone, I choose not buy their overpriced flagship phone lacking basic codecs.

I remember they were not even a household electronics brand but made big diggers and their very first high end VCR got them in the doors (around mid 1990's it was very thick compared to other models in that day (more like 70/80's) but that was due to a front panel then moved up and down to hide the front.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2024 at 3:13 PM Post #59,920 of 62,906
Samsung quickly becoming the new Apple. Which begs the question as to why we even need Samsung.

I'm not a Samsung fan. I have had a Samsung once. But otherwise I've had LG, HTC, Nexus and now Pixel phones. I hate that Samsung is such a big player in the space and really want more competition for Android phones. But I cannnot support statements that 'we don't need samsung anymore' - that just does not make sense.

@PixelSquish, perhaps you're just interpreting it the wrong way. The way I read it, he was just taking a jab at Apple for a similar issue where they don't support LDAC. Since the Samsung phone he referenced doesn't support AptX Adaptive, he was putting Samsung in the same light.

I could be wrong, but I think it was just a sarcastic comment that didn't carry over well into text. Even if was a legitimate comment, it's just one person's opinion on the internet and it's not worth getting riled up over.

Jan 25, 2024 at 3:27 PM Post #59,921 of 62,906
It isn't the length, it's the girth that is problematic.

As mentioned before, the Triumph nozle (cnc metal) has a smaller diameter.
Thanks @FullCircle, that's helpful information! Any ETA on Triumph release / availability?

Jan 25, 2024 at 3:36 PM Post #59,922 of 62,906
@PixelSquish, perhaps you're just interpreting it the wrong way. The way I read it, he was just taking a jab at Apple for a similar issue where they don't support LDAC. Since the Samsung phone he referenced doesn't support AptX Adaptive, he was putting Samsung in the same light.

I could be wrong, but I think it was just a sarcastic comment that didn't carry over well into text. Even if was a legitimate comment, it's just one person's opinion on the internet and it's not worth getting riled up over.
Good take. To be clear, I like both Samsung and Apple. However, if Samsung is going to start walling off the garden, I really see no use for them. That was one of the main reasons to choose Samsung over Apple. Open source, more control, customization etc. Apple still produces a better more polished product from my perspective. So if Samsung is going to take away the things that made Samsung great, then I personally wouldn't choose a Samsung over an Apple. Customer service, by way of one example, is light years ahead with Apple. Phone breaks? It's replaced same day. Samsung - lol, good luck. Who is the new Samsung? Google? OnePlus?

Jan 25, 2024 at 4:48 PM Post #59,923 of 62,906
Hi, everyone. I used this site to make the decision to purchase my Beyerdynamic DT 770 250 Ohm Headphones last year. So I've been a lurker but this is my first post.

My wife has tasked me with getting her a set of wireless buds. She has very small ear canals (e.g. most earplugs don't work for her) and is hyper sensitive to bright sound (and overly bassy for that matter) so as flat a sound profile as possible would be preferable. I'd like to stay below $60 (MAYBE a LITTLE more) while providing her with the best experience possible for the price. She's not an audiofile, but I'm looking to make one of her yet. She likes to listen to classical (piano and guitar), 80's pop, and contemporary Christian music at a moderate level. Seems like it matters that she is using an old Samsung Galaxy S8 (she is averse to technology and I like to squeeze every last dime out of it). Can anyone provide any recommendations?

I've searched the forums, but haven't found anything recent.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2024 at 5:27 PM Post #59,924 of 62,906
After getting AirPods Pro 2 I've never looked at any other iem because convenience and sound is up there. If I'm at home I go with full sized headphones anyway.
They are too bassy for me, and something I think they sound like wet farts. Even $80 Truthear Hexa sounds better.

Jan 25, 2024 at 6:20 PM Post #59,925 of 62,906
DThanks @FullCircle, that's helpful information! Any ETA on Triumph release / availability?

Soon, they are in semi product phase at the moment = the internals are being soldered together.

For further information about the Triumph, other than the Cowell driver, it is completely different from the Falcon Max.

The Max is a modular "one size fits all" modular sollution built by a Korean company for Xmems & sold by Xmems.

The Triumph and the XM1 are built from scratch. Due to that, one should expect the Triumph and the XM1 to perform differently from the Falcon Max and any other TWS being built utilizing the module offered by Xmems.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back