Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 11, 2023 at 4:14 PM Post #58,037 of 62,931
Off topic, but I'm pretty happy with my Beosound A1 2nd Gen for a rather compact BT-speaker. Friends have Marshall and JBL, but those can't touch the B&O imo.
I should have asked this thread before making a decision. I have the Bose SoundLink Flex which is actually incredibly good. But battery ain't that and it has become our babies Brown-Noise machine.

The bass is the punchiest of anything I've heard in its class tho.

Ended up getting the JBL Charge 5. Figured it was the best of the ones I demo'd. Wanted to spend the money on Marshall but when the low end kicked in on an electronic song it was kind of gross. Empty and lower than flat.

Did some sleuthing last night on the internet and didn't see too many better options than either the Bose (which I have a new appreciation for) and the JBL.

I'll look into the Beosound tho, still in the return window

Nov 11, 2023 at 8:16 PM Post #58,038 of 62,931
Bose ultra over ears are finally up and running at Best Buy if you want to listen to them. Great build and impressive sound. Looks like Bose has a hit here, they will be a top seller. đź‘Ť Yeah not TWS, just an fyi.
I've have both Ultra headphones and earbuds and I really like them both. The headphones sound really clear and have great bass. Not disappointed with purchase at all. Some complain about the new touch bar and physical buttons but I really like it as there are no accidental touches.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2023 at 12:48 AM Post #58,039 of 62,931
The Ace has a dynamic driver for the bass.
I pre ordered the Ace2 to see if it can at least equal the standard bearers in the market like app2 and 1000mx5. Only arrives on 13th Dec though, but I suspect if they are going to demo it at a Camjam in Nov we will get reviews soon.

Key will be how well they integrate the mems driver with the DD and how it’s going to be tuned. Effectively if it works out well it will be similar to the old wired Sony EX hybrids which were always fun sounding.

Nov 12, 2023 at 1:32 AM Post #58,040 of 62,931
I've have both Ultra headphones and earbuds and I really like them both. The headphones sound really clear and have great bass. Not disappointed with purchase at all. Some complain about the new touch bar and physical buttons but I really like it as there are no accidental touches.
Would you be able to compare ANC between the headphones and the buds? The measurements by Argena on YouTube seem to show the earbuds are better (and that the QC2 the same as the Ultra)… and unlike others, ANC is critical for me so, is the size of the Ultras a worthwhile trade off to the QC2 for air travel?

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2023 at 9:24 AM Post #58,041 of 62,931
Thanks for the detailed response.

Do you happen to know which tips you switched to for the better fit?
Sure --
1699798677744.png

These.
You can see from the shots here that the opening of the tip is almost parallel to the mesh of the nozzel.
This gives me a good 1 - 1.5mm shorter insersion which means the silicone retaining ring sits much more embedded into the groove in the ear
This is the comparison between stock tips supplied and the Spins
1699798761885.png
1699799015081.png
1699799004415.png

Nov 12, 2023 at 10:47 AM Post #58,042 of 62,931
Sure -- 1699798677744.png
These.
You can see from the shots here that the opening of the tip is almost parallel to the mesh of the nozzel.
This gives me a good 1 - 1.5mm shorter insersion which means the silicone retaining ring sits much more embedded into the groove in the ear
This is the comparison between stock tips supplied and the Spins
1699798761885.png1699799015081.png1699799004415.png
Perfect, thanks! Ordering a set now đź‘Ť

Nov 12, 2023 at 1:53 PM Post #58,043 of 62,931
Soundcore VR P10

For anyone searching this thread on info as I've done many times, it's legit if you want low latency wireless. I got it for $55 off Amazon on sale this week. Sub 20-30ms latency, very close to wired, noticeably better than any bluetooth wireless I've tried that advertises a low latency mode. The next best I have are the realme Buds Air 3S, Earfun Free 2, and FIIL T1 Lite, all in the 40-80+ ms range on their low latency mode. Also possibly the cheapest you'll find with a 2.4 ghz dongle.

Only problem is the sound is pretty bad compared to other earbuds in this price range. Default EQ is like a painful quantity of bass and I had to install the app to make it manageable with custom EQ. But low latency is what I needed, and I got it so I'm happy.

Nov 13, 2023 at 1:23 AM Post #58,045 of 62,931
Whenever I use my Fiio UTWS5 with my OnePlus Open (phone) they sound like they go into mono mode like instantly when on AptX Adaptive as soon as I start the music. This issue doesn't happen on LDAC, but then the sound lags so bad that it's unlistenable.
Anyone experienced something like this and know a fix or why it happens?

Nov 13, 2023 at 5:10 AM Post #58,046 of 62,931
Whenever I use my Fiio UTWS5 with my OnePlus Open (phone) they sound like they go into mono mode like instantly when on AptX Adaptive as soon as I start the music. This issue doesn't happen on LDAC, but then the sound lags so bad that it's unlistenable.

Side question question as I can see you have the nura pro.
Were you able to get Aptx Lossless from the oneplus open ?

Nov 13, 2023 at 5:22 AM Post #58,047 of 62,931
Hi All

I was wondering how come the Audio Technica Ath-twx9 fell from grace so quickly around here.
I found them quite confortable, easy fit with a very good sound and it has a good app.

My History has been so far...
Sennheiser MTW (good sound but awful and unreliable battery), Sony wf-1000xm3 (very good app, anc, good sound but uncomfortable fit), Devialet Gemini (very fun sound and very good anc), B&W PI7 (best sound still to date), Sony wf-1000xm4 (same as xm3 despite being smaller), Audio Technica Ath-Twx9, Samsung Buds Pro 2 (i would say it a good companion with any samsung phone and cheap), Denon Perl Pro (still not sure about it, very good sound , lot of effort when i put these on my ears, but then it is quite ok, still wondering if the aptx lossless will provide the kick to make it the one on top)

Nov 13, 2023 at 7:34 AM Post #58,048 of 62,931
Sorry I haven't been real active, I have taken a bit of a breather. I re-purchased and old IEM, also found a good deal on some B&O H95's. They should arrive this week and I am excited to hear them. Surprisingly, I have really thinned my herd of TWS, now only have the Svanar and the B&O EX's.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2023 at 9:49 AM Post #58,049 of 62,931
Hi All

I was wondering how come the Audio Technica Ath-twx9 fell from grace so quickly around here.
I found them quite confortable, easy fit with a very good sound and it has a good app.

My History has been so far...
Sennheiser MTW (good sound but awful and unreliable battery), Sony wf-1000xm3 (very good app, anc, good sound but uncomfortable fit), Devialet Gemini (very fun sound and very good anc), B&W PI7 (best sound still to date), Sony wf-1000xm4 (same as xm3 despite being smaller), Audio Technica Ath-Twx9, Samsung Buds Pro 2 (i would say it a good companion with any samsung phone and cheap), Denon Perl Pro (still not sure about it, very good sound , lot of effort when i put these on my ears, but then it is quite ok, still wondering if the aptx lossless will provide the kick to make it the one on top)
I agree that the twx9 is excellent everywhere but in heavy wind.

Nov 13, 2023 at 10:15 AM Post #58,050 of 62,931
Yes. I also get random drops in mono mode The UTWS5 is such a buggy product. The left hook just wouldn't charge anymore after just 3 months of use. I also had the right and left hooks suddenly unpair between each other a couple of times.
FiiO needs to get some of its programmers sacked!
I don't get this ...my much cheaper KZ and TRN hooks never had an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back