Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 24, 2023 at 9:37 PM Post #52,786 of 62,801
May 24, 2023 at 9:37 PM Post #52,787 of 62,801
How would you say these compare to the Final ZE8000 in terms of sound and ANC?
I’ll need some additional time. ANC is much better than the ZE which really just takes the edge off. I don’t think the Technics sound better however unless you prefer a fuller warmer more consumer based sound.

Last edited:
May 24, 2023 at 9:42 PM Post #52,788 of 62,801
May 24, 2023 at 11:29 PM Post #52,789 of 62,801
After having the AZ60, MTW2, MTW3, XM4 and the FoKus Mystique, the AZ60 were clearly in last place. On top of that no AptX. I took the 300 bucks I might spend on another hyped IEM and pre-ordered the iFi Go pods so I can use my IE600 more like TWS and pause and skip tracks without taking out my phone or a BTR7. I think that is money better spent. And it seems the price for great ANC with the new Technics and some other buds is crappier SQ. I think I'm kinda over ANC and certain features. I do love transparency mode and just being able to pause and skip tracks by just reaching my hand to my ears. After having all that the FoKus Mystiques with no ANC or fancy features, and the IE600 with the Go Pods, they will probably be my only used IEM as they just sound too good and make me not miss all the other featurs - I can save the MTW3 and AZ60 for laptop zoom calls. The MTW3 do sound pretty nice, but the AZ60 will be relegated to zoom calls only. they are just too inferior to all the rest.

May 25, 2023 at 12:06 AM Post #52,791 of 62,801
Wa
After having the AZ60, MTW2, MTW3, XM4 and the FoKus Mystique, the AZ60 were clearly in last place. On top of that no AptX. I took the 300 bucks I might spend on another hyped IEM and pre-ordered the iFi Go pods so I can use my IE600 more like TWS and pause and skip tracks without taking out my phone or a BTR7. I think that is money better spent. And it seems the price for great ANC with the new Technics and some other buds is crappier SQ. I think I'm kinda over ANC and certain features. I do love transparency mode and just being able to pause and skip tracks by just reaching my hand to my ears. After having all that the FoKus Mystiques with no ANC or fancy features, and the IE600 with the Go Pods, they will probably be my only used IEM as they just sound too good and make me not miss all the other featurs - I can save the MTW3 and AZ60 for laptop zoom calls. The MTW3 do sound pretty nice, but the AZ60 will be relegated to zoom calls only. they are just too inferior to all the rest.
if sound quality is your priority this is the way. I personally go back and forth on which i prioritize. For a while, I think something like the mystique and sq are my number 1 quality then I realize that for convenience purposes I really need ANC. Then I use something like the Bose for a while and miss the sound quality of the ZE8000. It seems like compromise is still required. The AZ80 may get closest to the best all arounder I’ve heard to date but I don’t think they beat the best sounding TWS. On the other hand, they do seem to beat the best of the so-called all arounders like APP2, Bose, Nura and Sony. I don’t think the ANC beats Apple or Bose but I do think the sound quality and features do beat them.

May 25, 2023 at 12:07 AM Post #52,792 of 62,801
Same here...
They also charged my card at purchase and the charge has since dropped off. Odd. I’ve emailed them twice. No response.

May 25, 2023 at 12:26 AM Post #52,793 of 62,801
Svanar TWS due in Mid June it seems

https://addictedtoaudio.com.au/coll...cts/hifiman-svanar-wireless-in-ear-headphones

1684988767204.png

May 25, 2023 at 12:29 AM Post #52,794 of 62,801
I think I'm kinda over ANC and certain features.
Yas Queen welcome to the club

Manufacturers are between a rock and a hard place with ANC. On one hand people want the best SQ, on the other they want a feature that ruins SQ.

I think natural isolation of most earbuds is good enough tbh.

May 25, 2023 at 2:27 AM Post #52,796 of 62,801
do you tried soundpeats Air 3 Pro?
Definitely not the best SoundPEATS option. Sound is a bit bloated and unrefined and ANC isn't great either. I would recommend the Capsule3 Pro for decent sounding SoundPEATS stem earbuds - it's everything the Air3 Pro should have been

May 25, 2023 at 2:39 AM Post #52,797 of 62,801
I had the Capsule 3 Pro and they sounded good, but the stems caused me issues when walking with ANC (heard my footstep thud nearly every step) assuming it was the stems hitting my face.

ANC was good indoors for sleep.

Last edited:
May 25, 2023 at 5:11 AM Post #52,798 of 62,801
Yas Queen welcome to the club

Manufacturers are between a rock and a hard place with ANC. On one hand people want the best SQ, on the other they want a feature that ruins SQ.

I think natural isolation of most earbuds is good enough tbh.
The difference between ANC and no ANC in a noisy environment like a gym nor an airplane is significant. I have some pretty bad tinnitus and being able to keep volume levels lower is a big deal to me. I don’t disagree that ANC and sound quality are difficult to reconcile and there is a trade off.

May 25, 2023 at 5:33 AM Post #52,799 of 62,801
They also charged my card at purchase and the charge has since dropped off. Odd. I’ve emailed them twice. No response.
Same...I emailed them once

May 25, 2023 at 5:44 AM Post #52,800 of 62,801
I love mine as well. Quite polarizing. Lotta love; lotta hate for these. I'm in the love camp but many have strong feelings about them (the negative type).
I really like them too, use them a lot, and am very glad I’ve got them… but what slightly grated on me is that they could be so much better: the hiss, the glitches, the call quality…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back