Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 23, 2023 at 4:49 PM Post #52,757 of 62,746
So I got both the xm4 and linkbuds s on hand and my first impressions of the linkbuds is they’re preeetty much the same but at half the size

May 23, 2023 at 6:22 PM Post #52,759 of 62,746
Yep, the linkbud S is probably close to what the xm5's will be.. A few more features but same chipset, just tweaked.
Honestly idk what they can actually do to improve on the linkbuds other than finally focus on sound quality which I feel they absolutely won’t, it’ll just be a bunch of gimmick tech features.
As much as I’m liking them for convenience it’s kinda ridiculous top of the line tws lose on sound quality to 15 dollar wan’er and qkzxhbb

May 23, 2023 at 6:58 PM Post #52,760 of 62,746
I have owned both Linkbuds S and XM4 at the same time. I quickly sold the Linkbuds S after getting the XM4. They simply could not compete for sound or battery life. The only thing they had that was better microphones and ergonomics. I liked the Linkbuds S but they were way to safe sounding and lacked a lot of dynamics. So if the XM5 can improve the microphones to the same level or better of the Linkbuds S and maintain and hopefully improve on the sound quality along with fit I will be pretty excited. I am hopeful they won't change the battery to much in terms of less charge but suspect since the case has a higher wattage that they are going to opt for a lower charge with a faster charging time. Not ideal but will wait to see what happens.

May 23, 2023 at 7:33 PM Post #52,761 of 62,746
I have owned both Linkbuds S and XM4 at the same time. I quickly sold the Linkbuds S after getting the XM4. They simply could not compete for sound or battery life. The only thing they had that was better microphones and ergonomics. I liked the Linkbuds S but they were way to safe sounding and lacked a lot of dynamics. So if the XM5 can improve the microphones to the same level or better of the Linkbuds S and maintain and hopefully improve on the sound quality along with fit I will be pretty excited. I am hopeful they won't change the battery to much in terms of less charge but suspect since the case has a higher wattage that they are going to opt for a lower charge with a faster charging time. Not ideal but will wait to see what happens.
I'm the other way around I got them both here right now but the xm4 are going back, linkbuds are like 90% the same but actually wearable for me, used the xm4 for a day and I don't even wanna try them again cause they hurt lol.

Xm4's anc is a bit better but the transparency mode is much better on the linkbuds, and the xm4 have that nasty metallic ding sound on certain situations which is kind of a deal breaker on it's own, sound quality wise I think it's pretty much splitting hairs, both have good tuning for my taste, kinda like the qkzxhbb but also both are worse than it technically so it's whatever imo, battery I don't super care about cause I very rarely wear tws for hours so yeah...

I got a KZ AZ15 on the way, that might be the true solution for daily use unless I hop on a vehicle and really need the ANC, idk why tws brands can't get the shell sculpt as nice as regular iems too, the wan'er and the qkz fit me like a glove while even the linkbuds have that weird flat surface digging against your ear...

May 23, 2023 at 7:55 PM Post #52,762 of 62,746
Been a while since I've looked at or posted in this thread. Nice to see posts about some new products in here, hoping I can get a review sample of the AZ80.
I did get a review sample of the Soundpeats Engine 4 last week, they are pretty great imo.
I haven't been this excited about a cheaper true Wireless iem in a long time.

May 23, 2023 at 9:19 PM Post #52,763 of 62,746
I'm the other way around I got them both here right now but the xm4 are going back, linkbuds are like 90% the same but actually wearable for me, used the xm4 for a day and I don't even wanna try them again cause they hurt lol.

Xm4's anc is a bit better but the transparency mode is much better on the linkbuds, and the xm4 have that nasty metallic ding sound on certain situations which is kind of a deal breaker on it's own, sound quality wise I think it's pretty much splitting hairs, both have good tuning for my taste, kinda like the qkzxhbb but also both are worse than it technically so it's whatever imo, battery I don't super care about cause I very rarely wear tws for hours so yeah...

I got a KZ AZ15 on the way, that might be the true solution for daily use unless I hop on a vehicle and really need the ANC, idk why tws brands can't get the shell sculpt as nice as regular iems too, the wan'er and the qkz fit me like a glove while even the linkbuds have that weird flat surface digging against your ear...

Incidentally, to date i use the QKZ HBB and KZ D-Fi, each paired to a KZ AZ09 Pro as my daily music tws, really can't beat it for the price. I only use my true TWS (most used right now are the Soundcore A40 and Soundpeats Air 3) for lighter travelling, when i need ANC, of for sleeping

May 24, 2023 at 1:54 AM Post #52,766 of 62,746
May 24, 2023 at 9:08 AM Post #52,767 of 62,746
Do not buy these - EAH-AZ80....
Buy the - EAH-AZ60 for $99.00...
No real difference in SQ... How do I know, because I'm wearing my Magic Mushroom "know it all" hat...
👍
With the current hype I dug my AZ60s out of the drawer. I got them a while back in between other things and for some reason never gave them much of a shot. Now I'm surprised how great they sound, especially with noise canceling off (probably did not try that before).

So I agree. I'm sure the new ones are better with the fit change, but I certainly won't be rushing out to buy them.

May 24, 2023 at 10:52 AM Post #52,768 of 62,746
Last edited:
May 24, 2023 at 11:53 AM Post #52,769 of 62,746
With the current hype I dug my AZ60s out of the drawer. I got them a while back in between other things and for some reason never gave them much of a shot. Now I'm surprised how great they sound, especially with noise canceling off (probably did not try that before).

So I agree. I'm sure the new ones are better with the fit change, but I certainly won't be rushing out to buy them.
Do you have the AZ70 to compare to the AZ60?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back