Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 8, 2023 at 11:12 PM Post #50,942 of 62,809
So Nura got back to me and it turns out they just has something on their end and now they work! Holy wow, they don’t suck.
Not sure if this is a standard with tws apps but seems like server connection is the main difference with the Nura, I wonder if being out in the world around radio towers and things is the reason for the cutouts.

As it seems your error message was caused by a server fault.

Just trying to figure out how I don't get a single drop out in the gym or around the house but the second I'm outside the dropouts begin.

Feb 8, 2023 at 11:21 PM Post #50,943 of 62,809
Not sure if this is a standard with tws apps but seems like server connection is the main difference with the Nura, I wonder if being out in the world around radio towers and things is the reason for the cutouts.

As it seems your error message was caused by a server fault.

Just trying to figure out how I don't get a single drop out in the gym or around the house but the second I'm outside the dropouts begin.
That's an easy answer. Bluetooth bounces off object just like any radio waves. When you're outside, there's nothing to bounce off.

Feb 9, 2023 at 2:51 AM Post #50,946 of 62,809
I still own most of my Wireless IEM/TWS like Airpod pro v2, B&O E8 v2, Melomania v1, Samung Buds Live, Samsung Buds2 Pro, Elite 7 Pro and now HA-FW1000T ...

After 24 hours, for sure the woody JVC/Victor TWS has probably the best sound quality and none fatiguing out of the charging box without any EQ needed ...But Volume level can be really very loud and it is so so long to lower down with many 2 taps+waiting for driver response on the left driver => that it is really annoying to switch between Smartphone and DAP or betwween Players and Streamers.
I would say, the volume level can be, by far, the "highest" SPL of all my TWS. maybe at a rather dangerous level for the ears.

In general, the Touch interface is nearly as painful as Airpod Pro v2 .. it's amazing to decide to adapt volume with a 2 quick taps or 3 quick taps on the left driver only and not a long press on left to lower and right to increase volume.
As with Android devices, there is no app to personalize the touch functions like with many of my TWS => maybe I should try to see if there is an app with iphones which allows to personalize the touch functions ?

Then, it's strange but it's probably my only TWS which can fully charge the drivers at 100% and then stops to keep the battery at a fully charged level and it's discharging continuously even in the charging box by something like 10% in 10hours.. So when when I got the HA-FW1000T from Japan, the drivers were only at 40% charging level.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2023 at 3:24 AM Post #50,947 of 62,809
Let me know how it goes. It's either the dongle or perhaps my CCK adapter but it seems to work with other products.
So it doesn’t say it needs power but does periodically disconnect without it unfortunately.

That said, I’ve been listening through this with power, and won’t be going back to AAC - a marked improvement in quality. Via this adapter I’m pretty comfortable to say that they’re my favourite buds sound wise.

Feb 9, 2023 at 3:36 AM Post #50,948 of 62,809
That's an easy answer. Bluetooth bounces off object just like any radio waves. When you're outside, there's nothing to bounce off.
I miss infrared

Feb 9, 2023 at 4:48 AM Post #50,949 of 62,809
I feel like an angry boomer yelling at customer support (but through text), but apparently my delivery for my Fokus Mystiques will happen tomorrow instead of today. Because for some reason FedEx are goddamn awful. I will do anything I can to order through DHL or any other company but FedEx from now on unless they are literally THE only choice. I always have major issues with FedEx... always.

After being delayed from their end the finally scheduled it for today between 9-16, but OF COURSE I have an "important" workshop at work that requires me to be at the office just during this time when they want me to be available at home, and OF COURSE it's this time they set it between 9-16, usually FedEx delivers between 17-22 in my area.

But yeah, First of all their phone support didn't even let me talk to anyone because I don't have any idea of what my FedEx account number is, and then when I ended up writing to their chat support, they couldn't get it to me on a different address (ie my office) until tomorrow, and because the driver had marked the delivery as "failed delivery" despite not being anywhere NEAR my home, they couldn't change it back so it would get delivered to me today anyway if I would do what I could to get home earlier...
But yeah, tomorrow... I guess.

Feb 9, 2023 at 5:24 AM Post #50,951 of 62,809
I feel like an angry boomer yelling at customer support (but through text), but apparently my delivery for my Fokus Mystiques will happen tomorrow instead of today. Because for some reason FedEx are goddamn awful. I will do anything I can to order through DHL or any other company but FedEx from now on unless they are literally THE only choice. I always have major issues with FedEx... always.

After being delayed from their end the finally scheduled it for today between 9-16, but OF COURSE I have an "important" workshop at work that requires me to be at the office just during this time when they want me to be available at home, and OF COURSE it's this time they set it between 9-16, usually FedEx delivers between 17-22 in my area.

But yeah, First of all their phone support didn't even let me talk to anyone because I don't have any idea of what my FedEx account number is, and then when I ended up writing to their chat support, they couldn't get it to me on a different address (ie my office) until tomorrow, and because the driver had marked the delivery as "failed delivery" despite not being anywhere NEAR my home, they couldn't change it back so it would get delivered to me today anyway if I would do what I could to get home earlier...

You won't have a FedEx account number - that will belong to the company who are sending you the Mystiques. Have they been able to help you?

Feb 9, 2023 at 5:56 AM Post #50,952 of 62,809

You think that's cutting it fine. I got the UM U-Free international shipment coming in from Singapore. Due to arrive Tuesday 14th. Also the day I hand in the keys for our place as we're moving out.

Already cleared customs in Sydney which is were I'm at. Hoping they send it early instead of waiting for the scheduled day.

Feb 9, 2023 at 5:59 AM Post #50,953 of 62,809
Yes that's right. The UM U-Free incoming!!! *!*!*Airhorns*!*!*

Here's to not learning our lessons about buying before reviews are out and a no return policy :beerchug::beerchug::beerchug:

Feb 9, 2023 at 7:21 AM Post #50,954 of 62,809
I miss infrared
My first foray into the headphone world was the pioneer SE-DIR2000C, a 5.1 surround, infrared, wireless ear hugger with Dolby, DTS, AAC, making full use of my macbook pro's optical out back in the day. Had a volume knob right on the ear cub. Loved that thing ... my entry drug ...
Pioneer_SE-DIR2000C_mod_-_Imgur.jpg

Feb 9, 2023 at 7:53 AM Post #50,955 of 62,809
My first foray into the headphone world was the pioneer SE-DIR2000C, a 5.1 surround, infrared, wireless ear hugger with Dolby, DTS, AAC, making full use of my macbook pro's optical out back in the day. Had a volume knob right on the ear cub. Loved that thing ... my entry drug ...
at first I thought it's a microwave's control panel (or whatever you call that thing). What a beast

Users who are viewing this thread

Back