Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 3, 2023 at 8:38 AM Post #49,771 of 63,178
wow thats great! Thx for sharing. I have actually heard this retailer before, Crinacle uploaded a tour video in this shop on Youtube. I think I will email them for details.
If you're looking for ZE8000's, Melbourne, Australia store 'Addicted to Audio' has them listed as available on their web-store - give them a try for delivery (link is https://addictedtoaudio.com.au/products/final-ze8000-noise-cancelling-true-wireless-earphones ).
For Aussie audiophiles Addicted to Audio and Minidisc are our 2 go-2 places. Good stores.
Cheers !

Jan 3, 2023 at 8:48 AM Post #49,772 of 63,178
Bloom Audio will now let you place a pre-order for the Mystique for $359. :eyes:
Goddamnit. I was like "yeah, I'm actually going to buy them, **** that they're expensive it doesn't matter, let's goooo" and then they shipped to like a select 7 or so countries... and I don't live in either of those.

Jan 3, 2023 at 9:34 AM Post #49,773 of 63,178
Thanks for those who have replied. I guess I just read somewhere that there may be different firmwares depending on if you had a Chinese addition or a global one. Perhaps if you have the Chinese one you don't have access to ldac but I'm not sure. In any case my free buds Pro 2 to arrive tomorrow and I will give them a go. If the sound profile is not quite my cup of tea then I will go for the Oppo.
Now I remember, LDAC is why I downloaded the Chinese app. For some reason I needed to toggle "high resolution" audio in app, and mine didn't have that. Funny thing is after I toggled it, I think the option disappeared.

Jan 3, 2023 at 11:00 AM Post #49,774 of 63,178
Bloom Audio will now let you place a pre-order for the Mystique for $359. :eyes:
Goddamnit. I was like "yeah, I'm actually going to buy them, **** that they're expensive it doesn't matter, let's goooo" and then they shipped to like a select 7 or so countries... and I don't live in either of those.
Whoa, that's pricey for a few extra features. Ugh. Eh, I guess it's only $10 more than the retail cost of the Fokus Pro...

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2023 at 11:44 AM Post #49,776 of 63,178
Thanks for those who have replied. I guess I just read somewhere that there may be different firmwares depending on if you had a Chinese addition or a global one. Perhaps if you have the Chinese one you don't have access to ldac but I'm not sure. In any case my free buds Pro 2 to arrive tomorrow and I will give them a go. If the sound profile is not quite my cup of tea then I will go for the Oppo.

Now I remember, LDAC is why I downloaded the Chinese app. For some reason I needed to toggle "high resolution" audio in app, and mine didn't have that. Funny thing is after I toggled it, I think the option disappeared.

I had the same problem with earlier versions of the international app and firmware. But with the most recent versions, the "high resolution" option is available.

Jan 3, 2023 at 2:23 PM Post #49,779 of 63,178
I'm going to cry if Sony announces the WF-1000XM5 and they look and feel like the Linkbuds S but have as good or better sound as the XM4 wit XM4 levels of battery life...

Or just enjoy the XM4 until the XM5 goes on sale.... No damn sense paying full retail! LOL

Jan 3, 2023 at 3:58 PM Post #49,780 of 63,178
Got the soundpeats mini pro ldac, and luckily they are listenable.
No mtw2 or mtw3, but not bad for what they are. Used them for 4- hour hikes and ambient works ok, can adjust them without the touch controls getting pressed.

They play loud enough and with some eq sound fine for buds in a tiny case. 40$ included import tax not bad. Already damaged one set of tws in the cold, so not risking the mtw3.

Jan 3, 2023 at 6:32 PM Post #49,782 of 63,178
Got the Huawei but likely going back. 2 minute test sounds very good but seems like since android 13 update Samsung and google phones are not able to connect by LDAC. Now I see people complaining on Huawei forums and then not taking ownership.

Jan 3, 2023 at 9:04 PM Post #49,783 of 63,178
Jan 3, 2023 at 9:09 PM Post #49,784 of 63,178
I have to say I might be satisfied for a while... These WF-1000XM4 are a bit big in ear but with Spinfit are comfortable. The Sony hybrids are also comfortable but we're completely Ng loose, so am testing the SP nfits instead.

Sonically these are way better than I expected, I vastly prefer their do nd to the Linkbuds S. Just a lot more of everything in comparison, better bass, mids, treble, sound stage etc. Pretty much an upgrade in every way sonically. The Linkbuds have better ambient though, by quite a big margin. If they marry the best of both into the XM5 they will be a damn compelling package.

Jan 3, 2023 at 9:31 PM Post #49,785 of 63,178
You see if you scroll down a bit more Jlab actually gonna try harder :xf_eek: with a $199 hybrid TWS. Lets see if they know what it really takes to jump up to $200 level or if they fall short.

Oh and the Nothing Ear boobs...
49228210-7e5d-11ed-bff4-4929e54c4f39.cf.webp

Well I guess that could be embarrassing so they made up another brand so the boob thing need not actually be associated with Nothing Ear lol!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back