Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 31, 2022 at 1:14 PM Post #49,711 of 62,963
Assume you need a cck to use with iPhone? Ordered my pros 3 days ago. No shipping notification. Irritating.
Happens. Sure they got slammed by the holidays. Small Australian company I believe. They do ship through the Amazon network though. Guess you couldn't cancel and do BH.

Dec 31, 2022 at 1:18 PM Post #49,712 of 62,963
I still haven't found a pair of TWS's I enjoy as much as the Liberty 3 Pro's.
Bought the Nuratrue Pro's the other day and they can't hold a candle to the L3P's regarding sound, like not even close. Especially don't like how they (Nuratrue) sound with more guitar-based music.
The L3P's are just ridiculously good value for the money. But I like how they sound and how good they are for phone calls, bur I'm not crazy about their size (neither buds nor case), the wingtips, the mediocre ANC, etc.

So I'm really itching for an upgrade though... But I'm not sure where to throw my money at this point.
Fokus Pro would be good but it seems to be out of stock everywhere that seems trustworthy, Beoplay EX seems to be slightly too poor regarding ANC for the asking price.
Also kinda want to check out the Bose QC II's, but I'm only expecting ANC to be better, not the other parts.
See, I didn't like the LP3P as much as you by far. Sure, I get it, the LP3P can be had cheap these days, but I bought them at launch and had horrible sibilance. Also, found many others that sounded better. Shows you everyones ears are different. I think the NTP are waaaaay better than the LP3P. Same as the Fokus Pro and EX. BQC2 are the best they've made imo. If you're a sub-bass guy and listen to hard rock/metal, the Nuratrue Pro just crushes my brain. Love them.

Dec 31, 2022 at 1:21 PM Post #49,713 of 62,963
Had at launch, not my cup of tea SQ or ANC.

FYI Bose have the best ANC for now.
I don't know if I agree. My Airpods Pro 2 give them a run for their money in some situations. Neither have great passive isolation though. I have some Azla tips on my APP2 that do help.

Dec 31, 2022 at 1:24 PM Post #49,714 of 62,963
Freebuds pro 2 inbound. When the original model came out I was really enjoying must if what they offered.
The sound was good not great and needed EQing as sound was a bit warm. There was no in app EQ. So glad too use wavelet or the EQ in my Samsung which would not save to the buds on other devices.

Otherwise it has very good ANC and transparency. Qi charging. Asking first with connection to 2 devices at same time.

Well now they have upper the ANC by 8db. Added equalizer and custom presets. Added a dual driver setup with planar magnetic driver ( like oppo) and had been tuned by Devialet. LDAC also added and a claimed frequency response from 14-48khz.
So outside of mediocre battery life it has hit or improved all of the features I could want.
It also has an app for iOS users unlike Samsung.
I know people don't love Huawei but this seems like a very well designed tws. Not sure why not discussed more here. Will leave my impressions when they arrive.

If these aren't the ones then at this point I will wait another 6 months until the other big names all release their updates that take advantage of LC3 BLE.
Bunch of us ordered the FP2 off Amazon Japan months back. Myself included. They were nice, but I wound up flipping. I didn't think ANC was that great, but maybe this update fixed that. Sound was nice, not as good as Devialet Gemini imo, but if you can get a good seal, not bad. Battery was eh. You might dig them, they're pretty.

Dec 31, 2022 at 1:25 PM Post #49,715 of 62,963
I don't know if I agree. My Airpods Pro 2 give them a run for their money in some situations. Neither have great passive isolation though. I have some Azla tips on my APP2 that do help.
Having owned both, i still the Bose is better by a decent margin. The APP2 are impressive given the open design. I keep thinking I’ll try them again but the sound is thin to me.

Dec 31, 2022 at 1:33 PM Post #49,716 of 62,963
First I have extremely good hearing (it is a curse not a gift) and second I will never own Apple products, but I know I can hear the difference from CD Rips be it even Flac to 24/48 files and to lesser extent 24/96 (depends on the files/genre).

None of that matters is the actual devices are not very good esp. the actual speakers.

I have read all this so called "limit of human hearing" and same as a gamer I have also read "we cannot see more than 60FPS".

I just do my own thing, but I do not go for snake oil like the earthing boxes and £100's silver cables making it sound better.

I have lived over half a century and I find in general most people, talk a lot of 💩💩💩
I've lived as long as you, if not more, and sometimes I can hear angels fart. Maybe that's just my kid. But after years of too much metal, I do hear things I shouldn't hear. It's a blessing and a curse.

I will always own an Apple product and I hope many others do. I drank the Kool Aid years ago, and very much prefer their OS. I've tried everything Android and always come back. I digress.

I too can hear the difference with between my old CD rips and the new stuff. Some of the stuff I listen to will never achieve todays standards because no one cares to go back and remaster many of those albums. So I'll always be stuck with what some feel is an inferior codec. But some days I prefer to listen to my vinyl over those hi-res codes stuff anyway. Just like I prefer 24p most times when I shoot on my iPhone over the 4k or even the Samsung 8k I had once. At times, if music and or movies are too clean, they lose their intimacy. But for perspective, this is coming from someone who works in the entertainment business.

Dec 31, 2022 at 1:35 PM Post #49,717 of 62,963
Having owned both, i still the Bose is better by a decent margin. The APP2 are impressive given the open design. I keep thinking I’ll try them again but the sound is thin to me.
Change your tips. I bought an adapter and put on those Azlas, or other stuff. I agree, the Bose sound better. Both have come a long way fortunately. Both in my arsenal. I don't like white buds so I even wasted money and got black Colorware APP2. Always do. Ugh. Sad.

Dec 31, 2022 at 2:43 PM Post #49,719 of 62,963
Change your tips. I bought an adapter and put on those Azlas, or other stuff. I agree, the Bose sound better. Both have come a long way fortunately. Both in my arsenal. I don't like white buds so I even wasted money and got black Colorware APP2. Always do. Ugh. Sad.
Do the tips improve sq or just isolation and fit?

Dec 31, 2022 at 3:08 PM Post #49,720 of 62,963
Do the tips improve sq or just isolation and fit?
For me, a better fit/isolation. Better seal for more bass for me, but no, not a HUGE diff. You'll still prefer your Bose sound if I had to guess.

Dec 31, 2022 at 3:22 PM Post #49,721 of 62,963
What does Apple use for a "Hi-Res" Codec (not talking the music services ALAC streaming Codec) and what is its output ie. 24/48, 24/96 etc?
1672517753139.jpeg

The Bluetooth streaming output will be determined by your smartphone/source’s transmission codec capabilities and your headphone’s reception capabilities. But HiRes is 24/196 kHz ALAC.

I’m thinking about picking up a WiiM Pro next time they’re back in stock, for home use, but I’m still pretty happy with aac & aptX for portable use.

Dec 31, 2022 at 3:24 PM Post #49,722 of 62,963
I admire your dedication. Could you possibly share a link to the tip adapter, that sounds really clever!

Dec 31, 2022 at 3:58 PM Post #49,723 of 62,963
I admire your dedication. Could you possibly share a link to the tip adapter, that sounds really clever!
The ones I have seem to be oos now on Amazon.

I use these as well. They include the adapter as well: ePro Patented Horn-Shaped for AirPods Pro Ear Tips, Replacement Silicone Earbud Tips, Pressure Relief Vents Design with Dust Mesh, AP00, 4 Pcs, Large https://a.co/d/bmkL7ox

Lots of similar options on Amazon too.

Here are the Azla tips I’m using this week because they fit in the case: AZLA SednaEarfit Crystal 2 Pairs (Size L) Replacement Earbud Tips Eartips for TWS - Compatible with Galaxy Buds 2, Buds, Buds+ https://a.co/d/dGpjsUT

Dec 31, 2022 at 4:00 PM Post #49,724 of 62,963
No idea. But that is what shows on my phone when using my dongle. Hey now. Tried a bit yesterday, but can't figure out what is streaming from my device. All I found was that Nura says the dongle will stream the highest codec supported by your headphone.
The creative dongle lets you switch so that’s interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back