Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 14, 2022 at 2:20 PM Post #47,191 of 62,852
Picked up some Linkbuds S, sorry to say they are going back. If set on Sony and the fit works, it is definitely the XM4, for me anyway
Same here. I find sound and ANC superior on the XM4. As much as I tried to like the Linkbuds S.
My bias is probably based on the great fit / seal 🦭 I get with the SpinFits cp-100 (never managed to deal with the included hybrid tips)
On a recent plane trip I felt they are in some cases even better in ANC than the over ear Bose QC 35.

Aug 14, 2022 at 2:28 PM Post #47,192 of 62,852
I have never used them on the EX but I have CP360 tips, XL & L. I will keep them on the charger to see if they fully charge, but at first listen, the SQ is almost the same as stock. If you look at the tip and feel the silicon, the bore size is similar and the thickness of the silicon is similar as well. I will listen further, a little later today. Charging wise, the magnets grab but they don't sit flush in the tray as they do with the stock tips.

edit: Charge perfectly
Thanks for checking!

Aug 14, 2022 at 4:26 PM Post #47,196 of 62,852
Guys which should i go for between WF-1000XM4 and noble fokus pro.

I mostly listen to strong vocal songs, jpop and kpop.
Two very different TWS right there. I think you should note what features (if any) outside of sound that are important. For example noise cancelling/ambient, use heavily for calls, etc. From a sound perspective, the Fokus wins that hands down.

Aug 14, 2022 at 4:30 PM Post #47,197 of 62,852
Same here. I find sound and ANC superior on the XM4. As much as I tried to like the Linkbuds S.
My bias is probably based on the great fit / seal 🦭 I get with the SpinFits cp-100 (never managed to deal with the included hybrid tips)
On a recent plane trip I felt they are in some cases even better in ANC than the over ear Bose QC 35.
One of the main reasons I keep mine. I use Final TWS tips on mine and love the fit and seal. Used them on the way to Hawaii and hardly heard a thing.

Aug 14, 2022 at 4:45 PM Post #47,198 of 62,852
I had to do some work out back today in my city backyard, but was able to enjoy some softer, but appropriate weekend puttering music (Wilco's newest) despite my circular saw and a loud talking party right next door. Yeah, I'm really liking these Huawei FBP2s, so far the best TWS I've heard. If it weren't for the US ban I think they'd be getting some more love, but for those considering a purchase, I think these need to be in the conversation. My only regret is not getting the blue ones.:smirk:

Aug 14, 2022 at 5:44 PM Post #47,200 of 62,852
I was planning to use them for sport, running and home listening.
I would say neither of those you listed will work for the sport/running piece. They will not stay in your ears for that type of activity. Some others that use TWS during athletic activities can chime in with what they like for that.

Aug 14, 2022 at 11:25 PM Post #47,201 of 62,852
I would say neither of those you listed will work for the sport/running piece. They will not stay in your ears for that type of activity. Some others that use TWS during athletic activities can chime in with what they like for that.
Surprisingly, I do hit the gym and run with the Noble FoKus Pros - they do lock in the ear just fine in my experience!

I've had the Fokus Pros for about 2 weeks now and love it; in terms of sound, it's just absolutely class of its own, though you may wanna drop the midbass a bit using EQ, slight bloat there IMO. It has no ANC, but it isolates noise so well I don't really miss ANC (coming from the Sennheiser MTW2s with Comply tips).

I can't comment about the Sony set because they did not fit me comfortably at all, sorry.

Another idea is the B&O EX - they give the impression of superb clarity, and it's a very secure fit even though it is very shallow in the ear (which sounds funny, I have no idea how that works out either!), though it doesn't have a proper EQ and you can't customise the touch controls - bit unfortunate considering the price point.

Aug 15, 2022 at 12:41 AM Post #47,202 of 62,852
in terms of sound, it's just absolutely class of its own, though you may wanna drop the midbass a bit using EQ, slight bloat there IMO

Yeah, I agree. Excellent technicality but it's too V-shape. AKG N400 imo has a lot better sound signature.
I cranked up the mid instead by 1-2 levels.

What's everyone fav tips for Fokus Pro? I'm using stock double-flange which is the best I've tried so far.
Others (Azla short, Spiraldot++) cannot hold TWS in place for long.

Aug 15, 2022 at 1:29 AM Post #47,203 of 62,852
Folks, if you've been struggling with getting a good seal even with foam tips I'd highly recommend these kinds of foam tips:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...00023004837065!sea&curPageLogUid=KORNfXle0WT4

(They're listed under lots of brand names)

I tried lots of more normal foam tips before on my 75t's, but they would either fit my ear well but be too big to fit in the charging case, or fit in the charging case and just not be big enough for my ear. The above tips have a different approach- they're quite short but very bulbous so they kind of stick well just outside of the ear canal. Isolation is excellent (much better than any spintips or foams I've tried before) and they really stay in the ear well. I can tug on them and really feel the seal.

Highly recommended if the more standard tip shape isn't working for you.

Aug 15, 2022 at 3:00 AM Post #47,204 of 62,852
Yeah, I agree. Excellent technicality but it's too V-shape. AKG N400 imo has a lot better sound signature.
I cranked up the mid instead by 1-2 levels.

What's everyone fav tips for Fokus Pro? I'm using stock double-flange which is the best I've tried so far.
Others (Azla short, Spiraldot++) cannot hold TWS in place for long.
I'm just using the double flanges as well since I somehow managed to destroy the single flanges, hahaha

Not sure what other eartips are compatible with the fokus pros, so if anyone knows which ones (particularly, which comply tips are compatible) I could/should look at, I would definitely appreciate it!

Aug 15, 2022 at 5:11 AM Post #47,205 of 62,852
After the craptacular sounding Live and Buds Pro iterations, I'm done with Samsung for TWS.
hmmm .. interesting .. back in the day (the Live Beans came out 2 years ago! time flies) I liked them so much, especially for their dynamic sound, that I bought them again, after one side died (and I found out that warranty cover is not global)
I also still enjoy the GB Pro from time to time ... not in heavy rotation, but not in the craptacular arena either ... something must be really rubbing you wrong there soundwise

Users who are viewing this thread

Back