Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 10, 2022 at 3:27 PM Post #46,561 of 62,963
So I have had these Linkbuds S for just about 2 weeks now and according to the app I have used them for 79;hours so far. The only other TWS combo I own that had this much initial use from me is the Fiio FH5/UTWS5 combo.

I cracked those back out last night and they definitely are a step up, no doubt about it. They have better sub-bass, sound stage, and 3D presentation but the Linkbuds S has a similar signature, sound stage and 3D presentation just scaled back. They have about 85% of the general signature, 90% of the sub-bass, 70% of the sound stage and 3D presentation.

To put that into perspective, the GBuds Pro achieve around 80% of the sound stage and 3D presentation but at the expense of isolation and lower noise floor.

I have a song from the Open your Ears album (an HD tracks binaural sampler) called Heartbeat which plays for different lower sub-bass heartbeats and both Linkbuds S and the Fiio combo had almost the same ability to reproduce the beats with both playing the final beat but with the same lack of authority, again showing a very similar signature.

I fiddled with the app quite a bit initially getting the buds to recognize what I wanted but in the past week aside from the occasional over ride due to different circumstances I generally don't have to adjust anything, the buds just work in a way I find appropriate. So that functionality if pretty good on these.

They definitely could use the dual device functionality though and I really wish they had a longer battery life because I do find myself leaving them in for longer periods than other TWS and am sad when the battery level gets low. Definitely the most comfortable TWS I have owned.

I like seeing that I am using these in a way that is safe for my ears in the app. The adaptive feature stats show these have adjusted the sound 550 times since I have them!

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2022 at 4:49 PM Post #46,563 of 62,963
They are great. Instrumentals on them are truly magical.
Really surprised. Are you still using them with the TW2 or is the FiiO a better fit? Might snag the UTWS5 again for my arsenal.

Jul 10, 2022 at 5:04 PM Post #46,565 of 62,963
Those Oladance very open kind of TWS just got a massive 80€ voucher here in EU ... I like the orange, but I am not sold on the concept .. I recall someone here describing the experience as underwhelming ...

oladance.jpg

Anyone else waiting / hoping for anything special on Prime Day? Please share! I read some article saying that amaozon has deals with Bose and Sony in place ... we shall see ...

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2022 at 5:06 PM Post #46,566 of 62,963
1657486498660.png

In the TFZ BOX is a 5.9mm "Tesla class" dynamic driver.
1657486900582.png

Doesn't seem to have much going for it other than that. SBC/AAC, BT5.3, 6 hours battery, and a weird design. Even the photoshopped marketing pic has bad execution...
1657487130177.png

Only $49 but a bad effort from The Falling Zipper. :)

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2022 at 5:09 PM Post #46,567 of 62,963
Those Oladance very open kind of TWS just got a massive 80€ voucher here in EU ... I like the orange, but I am not sold on the concept .. I recall someone here describing the experience as underwhelming ...

oladance.jpg

Anyone else waiting / hoping for anything special on Prime Day? Please share! I read some article saying that amaozon has deals with Bose and Sony in place ... we shall see ...
The Cleer ARC seems the best quality offering of this type. Not sure if they are available over there yet.

Jul 10, 2022 at 5:23 PM Post #46,569 of 62,963
what is going on inside his ear?
Guess with all those piercings he couldn't wear them the usual way so he made a new opening a bit lower to use his new "BOX" TWS.

Jul 10, 2022 at 5:42 PM Post #46,571 of 62,963
Does anyone know if the Final E TWS tips work on Jabras and other such shallow flange iems?
Its been my experience that they work fine, but putting them back into the charging case frequently presents a problem because they are longer than the shallow tip type of TWS. However, there is a solution if you like the Type E tips... Final Type E TWS tips

Edit: My bad, you DID say Final TWS Tips... Disregard my post here... The answer then is yes! :)

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2022 at 5:52 PM Post #46,572 of 62,963
Last edited:
Jul 11, 2022 at 2:10 AM Post #46,575 of 62,963
Its been my experience that they work fine, but putting them back into the charging case frequently presents a problem because they are longer than the shallow tip type of TWS. However, there is a solution if you like the Type E tips... Final Type E TWS tips

Edit: My bad, you DID say Final TWS Tips... Disregard my post here... The answer then is yes! :)
Yup I did say Final TWS. I didn't know if the flange was shallow enough to go on the jabras.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back