Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 7, 2022 at 8:50 AM Post #46,516 of 63,000
I’d given up on them as I got a good seal once and once only which broke really quickly when I opened my mouth. Came back to them and the difference in sound (and fit) is night and day.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2022 at 8:58 AM Post #46,517 of 63,000
What about these? The new Beyerdynamic Free BYRD, their first TWS:

https://www.beyerdynamic.de/free-by...utm_campaign=freebyrd_launch&utm_content=juli

Available now. Seem a bit big but have quite a bit going for them as well, very good battery (11h) life as well as sound personalization, BT 5.2, aptX adaptive, wireless chargin, allegedly great call quality e.g. ANC and transparency mode on deck of course. No multipoint and no customizable touch controls + only IPX4, though.

Here's an unboxing video:

Price seems relatively reasonable as well (229€). Anybody willing to try them? :D

if only they sold them on amazon.de and I know I can easily return them ... for now I wait for more reviews ... but other than 11h battery, nothing screams 'gotta have'

Jul 7, 2022 at 1:00 PM Post #46,518 of 63,000
What about these? The new Beyerdynamic Free BYRD, their first TWS:

https://www.beyerdynamic.de/free-by...utm_campaign=freebyrd_launch&utm_content=juli

Available now. Seem a bit big but have quite a bit going for them as well, very good battery (11h) life as well as sound personalization, BT 5.2, aptX adaptive, wireless chargin, allegedly great call quality e.g. ANC and transparency mode on deck of course. No multipoint and no customizable touch controls + only IPX4, though.

Here's an unboxing video:

Price seems relatively reasonable as well (229€). Anybody willing to try them? :D

if only they sold them on amazon.de and I know I can easily return them ... for now I wait for more reviews ... but other than 11h battery, nothing screams 'gotta have'

A little more info here:

Not much about real life sound qualities and technicalities. Reviews are awaited.

Edit: I’ve found a few reviews but none compelling.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2022 at 1:26 PM Post #46,519 of 63,000
A little more info here:

Not much about real life sound qualities and technicalities. Reviews are awaited.

Edit: I’ve found a few reviews but none compelling.

MAN! Those are almost big enough to be considered "on-ear", not in-ear... :upside_down::yum:

Jul 7, 2022 at 3:48 PM Post #46,521 of 63,000

Attachments

• 8CCE7FB2-2931-4203-A7A7-304D4F07B51C.jpeg
    8CCE7FB2-2931-4203-A7A7-304D4F07B51C.jpeg
    88.6 KB · Views: 0
Jul 7, 2022 at 3:55 PM Post #46,522 of 63,000
They look about the same size and form factor as the Yamaha TW-E7B.

Attachments

• 1DCDDA1A-2DBD-4FE4-AF9D-47B5910F1BEA.jpeg
    1DCDDA1A-2DBD-4FE4-AF9D-47B5910F1BEA.jpeg
    710.3 KB · Views: 0
Jul 7, 2022 at 4:43 PM Post #46,524 of 63,000
Those look huge. How about the fit? A lot of TWS may look big but is actually very comfortable for long periods.
Tempted to test them. Beyerdynamic have 10% off at the moment, making them 206€.

Reviews are fairly good so far but not really outstanding. Only battery life really is. 10mm drivers is nice, too.

I've just bought the EX and still have the MTW3, so it's kinda unlikely that the Beyers will blow them out of the water but we all know how this is going to turn out...

Jul 7, 2022 at 4:50 PM Post #46,525 of 63,000
They look about the same size and form factor as the Yamaha TW-E7B.
I see what you did there. :) I have found the Yamaha like those type of bulbous tips. TWS short style not very good, bullet tip shape not very good. Wider, round, bulbous for the win. @erockg are the E7B also Kingstate Electronics Co. ? looks like it still is. Should say in the case lid.

Also found the right pair in multiple ways for the SoundMagic TWS...
IMG_1984.JPG
The green is a nice touch. Best thing is they are normal length but stem is shorter inside. So, short TWS style is fine but not ideal for me. Normal tips are good but tough to balance the sound and seal L and R. Normal length outside but shorter inside works best for a good seal but even on both sides. Kinda picky for the ideal fit but worth the effort.

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2022 at 12:16 AM Post #46,526 of 63,000
I see what you did there. :) I have found the Yamaha like those type of bulbous tips. TWS short style not very good, bullet tip shape not very good. Wider, round, bulbous for the win. @erockg are the E7B also Kingstate Electronics Co. ? looks like it still is. Should say in the case lid.

Also found the right pair in multiple ways for the SoundMagic TWS...
IMG_1984.JPG
The green is a nice touch. Best thing is they are normal length but stem is shorter inside. So, short TWS style is fine but not ideal for me. Normal tips are good but tough to balance the sound and seal L and R. Normal length outside but shorter inside works best for a good seal but even on both sides. Kinda picky for the ideal fit but worth the effort.
Apologies, but those look like either something from fisher price, or some of grandma's old school hearing aids... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Seriously though, I see what you are saying, and short style is not good for my ears. I have to way oversize the tips to make them have a decent seal. It feels really weird to my ears.

Jul 8, 2022 at 5:17 AM Post #46,527 of 63,000
Just a little reply: I bought a pair of Sennheiser CX Plus and I must say that I am astonished about the sound... for the price, I find them incredible but clearly not in the same league than my Fokus pro... they do everything in better.

Jul 8, 2022 at 1:24 PM Post #46,530 of 63,000
How do you know this?

What other driver do they have?? 7mm True Response transducer. Plain Jane for the TWS and the better "select" version for the high end wired. Yes, they have a 10mm in cheaper stuff but for our purposes, TWS, there is only one. Besides them stating it, Senn would not have dropped the price to $249 if they had put a new improved driver in there.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back