Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 30, 2021 at 8:57 AM Post #34,801 of 62,961
Has anyone investigated removing foam from the XM4 nozzle? I go way back doing that with Sony to the EX600 where I cut the foam in half and put back in even. Pics don't show well but seems the same dot of glue holding the foam situation. Could be as easy as freeing with a pin then trim a bit off and reinsert.

Jun 30, 2021 at 9:00 AM Post #34,802 of 62,961
Then I can totally understand why you didn’t like the XM3. Yes, after some burn-in, they even out a bit. They all do. Sometimes they don’t correct themselves like we wanted to.

A bit off-topic but still relevant, I recently got the Meze Rai Solo. Before burn-in they were terrible, just awful, scary. I had been warned but I was still worried. So, I connected them to my ipods, alternating each day and I chimed in for a quick listen each 24 hours. Well, after 72 to 96 hours I was amazed at how wonderfully these “settled”. Just love them to bits now. Every bit, pun intended.
(now come tell me burn-in is a hoax... and like this other guy said in another thread recently “cables don’t make a difference”... oh lord!)

The MT won’t change as much, but still, they “settle”... for fun.
I liked the XM3's with a good bit of EQ with the Wavelet android app. These Melomania's definitely sound better with less EQ than I remember the XM3's needing. These have a better more layered and detailed and dynamic sound as well. They so far just seem like they are in a whole different league than any of the TWS's I've tried. I expect to be using these a lot.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2021 at 10:14 AM Post #34,804 of 62,961
Which one between Crystal and Final tws do you find more compatible with a bigger variety of TWS? I have been thinking about buying new silicone eartips for several months now. I think I'm going to try either of those 2.
Probably the Final, to be honest. There's some stuff I just don't like the Crystal on.

Jun 30, 2021 at 10:23 AM Post #34,805 of 62,961
They cost way too much unless I order them from Aliexpress and I'm really not up for waiting over a month for them to get here. :frowning2: If I order them from Amazon US it's not only the price but also like $30 in import taxes and stuff, so I don't think it's going to live up to the price, but thanks for the tip!

Like I said, I have nothing against other options. If they’re out there, I probably want them too.

But be aware that orders from (at least) China into the EU are ALL taxed for VAT. Starting with orders which arrive on or after the 1st of July, every order, for whatever amount is taxed. Plus the couriers expenses.

Jun 30, 2021 at 10:53 AM Post #34,806 of 62,961
The Qualcomm chip talk reminded me to check the aptX product list and look for something interesting...
Found Unique Melody's 7mm composite dynamic + 2 Knowles Hybrid TWS.
1625064539352.png

Jun 30, 2021 at 11:01 AM Post #34,807 of 62,961
The Qualcomm chip talk reminded me to check the aptX product list and look for something interesting...
Found Unique Melody's 7mm composite dynamic + 2 Knowles Hybrid TWS.
1625064539352.png
Hope it's price-competitive. Been wanting to get into their product line for a while. Based on the driver config, I have concerns about battery life, though.

Jun 30, 2021 at 11:10 AM Post #34,808 of 62,961
Hope it's price-competitive. Been wanting to get into their product line for a while. Based on the driver config, I have concerns about battery life, though.
Seems to be announced last year in the fall. Hopefully if it's really coming soon it will be update as far as chipset. It was BT5.0 SBC/AAC/aptX and had 5 hours per charge which if they want three bills for it is not so hot.

Jun 30, 2021 at 11:19 AM Post #34,809 of 62,961
hey I was wondering what truly wireless earbuds should I get for 60-80 dollars max that have warm and natural sound(like warm,natural sounding vocals) and in general a warm natural sounding signature(and balanced frequency response maybe) but in general warmth in the sound?(posting that here as well since I was told I could get some more info here).

Jun 30, 2021 at 11:24 AM Post #34,810 of 62,961
Jun 30, 2021 at 11:24 AM Post #34,811 of 62,961
hey I was wondering what truly wireless earbuds should I get for 60-80 dollars max that have warm and natural sound(like warm,natural sounding vocals) and in general a warm natural sounding signature(and balanced frequency response maybe) but in general warmth in the sound?(posting that here as well since I was told I could get some more info here).
Noble Falcon (if you can find the 1st gen, they should be $70-80) would be a very safe bet. Otherwise, consider a set of Jabra Elite Active 75t and just EQ the bass down a bit. You should be able to find some within your budget if you look at Jabra's official eBay shop.

Jun 30, 2021 at 11:26 AM Post #34,812 of 62,961
That's a pretty steep price. No frills audio-focused TWS. I know HiFiMan got a lot of flack for pricing theirs at 300. This would be a nice comparison. Ironically the only UniqueMelody-made headphone I have is a HiFiMan :p

Jun 30, 2021 at 11:55 AM Post #34,814 of 62,961
Just read the what hi-fi review of the melomania touch and the app and connectivity issues are really off-putting. Have nothing been fixed by ca since the release of these?
Hate to break it to you, but those guys do maybe a day's worth of testing on these things, probably got a press kit, and haven't bothered touching the thing since.

There's been plenty of firmware updates since that article came out, most of which we can confirm here produced positive results. There's still a couple things to be ironed out for TWS+ compatible devices (specifically on certain Qualcomm chips), but development has come a long way.

Jun 30, 2021 at 12:30 PM Post #34,815 of 62,961
Hence why I was asking. :) I do know that what hi-fi is mainly glorified advertisement and not much else. It was one of the first hits from google and problems have been mentioned here too so I just wanted to gauge where we're at now this far from release day. Wondering if it is a worthy alternative to my Airpods Pros which excel in user-friendliness (on an iphone). Seems the MT doesn't have that boosted bass that so many go for. I guess the APP's are kinda a DF tuning which I've come to appreciate. I also have the Airpods Max which, despite the things they excel at, I feel have a less succesful overall tuning compared to APP which I find well judged within its limitations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back