Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 28, 2021 at 9:58 PM Post #31,261 of 63,195
Not sure what is going on with my Melomania Touch's. Just the last few days they refuse to connect with my Google Pixel 5 when I first take them out of the case. I have to put them back in the case and take them out again. Anyone else having this type of issue with them?

Yea, it has happened to me 2 times, had to reset them...There's just something very wrong with them. They do work most of the time, but 90% of all competitors bascially works 10/10 times. I still got almost a week for me return window, not sure if I'm gonna keep them.

Mar 28, 2021 at 10:25 PM Post #31,262 of 63,195
Just received my Oluv tuned Earfun free pro. Had to immediately swap the tips with RIYO memory foam tips. I have to say, my immediate reaction can be summed up as impressed. Only been listening for a few hours, so haven't tested features like noise canceling etc. Not expecting much in that department
Got mine too. I found some tips that work for me and very nice ... but had to tip the bass quite a bit using the Kaiser Audio app 30-band EQ. Sound fine now and so small and comfy. More to come...

Nice pair of TW phones, but still favor the Melomania Touch/M1+/Status Between Pro, which all cost more and deliver superior sound, no EQ required.

The Oluv-tuned Earfun are okay, but OOB tuning just not my cup of tea. Not a fair comparison but For neutral/flat signature the Ety ER4XR is the go-to IEM. Curiosity got me. I’ll sell them but worth a listen.

Work best with jazz/acoustic/classical genres.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2021 at 10:25 PM Post #31,263 of 63,195
Yea, it has happened to me 2 times, had to reset them...There's just something very wrong with them. They do work most of the time, but 90% of all competitors bascially works 10/10 times. I still got almost a week for me return window, not sure if I'm gonna keep them.
Haven't had that issue though sometimes one seems to say connected long after the other despite them both playing. Other little glitches.
I so love the sound but....no other bud except the Technics ever gave me issues.

Mar 28, 2021 at 11:07 PM Post #31,264 of 63,195
Haven't had that issue though sometimes one seems to say connected long after the other despite them both playing. Other little glitches.
I so love the sound but....no other bud except the Technics ever gave me issues.
Probably returning my MT. Too many glitches. Maybe I'll put that 150 towards the new M&W

Mar 29, 2021 at 2:28 AM Post #31,266 of 63,195
Listening to my freebuds pro now after having had to reset the Melomania touch when the right bud just wouldn't play music.

Really pain in the a$$.

Think I will return them but not sure I will replace them. With wavelet I have the Huawei tuned and sound every bit as great to me. Feel bass great mids and enough detail in the highs without being too peaky or harsh in the treble.

I really want to like the MT but quality control has been poor. Reminds me of the Jaguar Cars in the 70s and 80s. Were great except they were in for repairs all the time.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2021 at 6:35 AM Post #31,267 of 63,195
Got mine too. I found some tips that work for me and very nice ... but had to tip the bass quite a bit using the Kaiser Audio app 30-band EQ. Sound fine now and so small and comfy. More to come...

Nice pair of TW phones, but still favor the Melomania Touch/M1+/Status Between Pro, which all cost more and deliver superior sound, no EQ required.

The Oluv-tuned Earfun are okay, but OOB tuning just not my cup of tea. Not a fair comparison but For neutral/flat signature the Ety ER4XR is the go-to IEM. Curiosity got me. I’ll sell them but worth a listen.

Work best with jazz/acoustic/classical genres.
The memory foam tip made the Oluv tuned earfun free pro really come alive. I get a complete seal and it sounds better, to my own taste, than the boomy MT. I ended up returning the MT early due to connection issues.

Now compared to my Sennheiser cx400 bt. I have to EQ the Senn to get it close to the Oluv which needs no EQ. I found it closer to the Lypertek Tevi using the same memory foam tip. But it slightly edges out the lypertek IMO. I'll compare it to my Technics next. But nice little buds they are, will serve me well at the gym. Love the convenience, the tiny case. Sucks that I can't close it with the memory foam tips.

Mar 29, 2021 at 7:45 AM Post #31,268 of 63,195
I would also be a purchaser of any wings we can get to fit. I bought some SpinFits and they are an improvement over the stock oval tips but not a huge improvement. The SpinFits improve the 75ts quite a bit.
5A532B31-839D-4594-B901-4AFB5FD47BFD.jpeg
those are the wings that come with the Sabbat X12. It kinda works... but loose on the front tip. Not sure if I would test that out on a trail run :wink: good thing is that there’s no optical sensor to keep in mind and I think the mics are also not covered ....

Mar 29, 2021 at 10:53 AM Post #31,269 of 63,195
After 3 years of daily use I lost my Jaba 65t Active earbuds. So, I need a new pair of earbuds that can withstand the gym, but are decent for phone calls.

I returned the AirPod Pros, as I couldn’t get a good fit, even with multiple tips.

Current thoughts are: Jabra 75t, Powerbeats Pro, and Bose Sport; but I’m sure I’m missing other options. I prefer bass heavy and need to be able to hear around me (either ambient mode or less isolation) as I run on the street.

I prefer bass for workouts, which is why I’m not looking at Jaybirds.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2021 at 11:43 AM Post #31,271 of 63,195
After 3 years of daily use I lost my Jaba 65t Active earbuds. So, I need a new pair of earbuds that can withstand the gym, but are decent for phone calls.

I returned the AirPod Pros, as I couldn’t get a good fit, even with multiple tips.

Current thoughts are: Jabra 75t, Powerbeats Pro, and Bose Sport; but I’m sure I’m missing other options. I prefer bass heavy and need to be able to hear around me (either ambient mode or less isolation) as I run on the street.

I prefer bass for workouts, which is why I’m not looking at Jaybirds.
Bass - Jabra or Sony wf800N

Mar 29, 2021 at 11:44 AM Post #31,272 of 63,195
5A532B31-839D-4594-B901-4AFB5FD47BFD.jpeg
those are the wings that come with the Sabbat X12. It kinda works... but loose on the front tip. Not sure if I would test that out on a trail run :wink: good thing is that there’s no optical sensor to keep in mind and I think the mics are also not covered ....
It may be hard to tell from these photos but the stem of the 85t is forcing the SpinFits into an oval shape.

Attachments

• E4783B4F-F23B-4198-ADF8-F640CFA84848.jpeg
    E4783B4F-F23B-4198-ADF8-F640CFA84848.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 867CEEF7-9E07-4715-B302-0A8586FB590C.jpeg
    867CEEF7-9E07-4715-B302-0A8586FB590C.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Mar 29, 2021 at 12:29 PM Post #31,273 of 63,195
Some better pics below. Looks smaller than the MW07 Go to me but measurements should be available on Tuesday. Regardless, the fit looks different from previous gens!

1e92ed02-8d69-11eb-b1bd-e7ff5dd20546

1e8ef561-8d69-11eb-a1be-2dba410ddf1b

1e8ef560-8d69-11eb-9092-eae00eb2d231
This article says that they are smaller than the MW07 Go (which is great) but the improvements overall seem to be incremental and the companion app seems a bit half baked. Call quality also seems to be just passable so sounds like I may be using my MW07 Go for a bit longer and maybe skipping this generation. Also seems to point to some of the older (and now cheaper) true wireless buds as cheaper alternatives (such as the Jabra 85T or MTW2). I really like my MW07 Go but finding it hard to get excited for the MW08 for some reason. Hoping to see some impressions here that will change my mind.

https://www.engadget.com/master-and-dynamic-mw08-review-true-wireless-earbuds-143027692.html

In the meantime, back to waiting for an MTW3.

Mar 29, 2021 at 1:05 PM Post #31,274 of 63,195
This article says that they are smaller than the MW07 Go (which is great) but the improvements overall seem to be incremental and the companion app seems a bit half baked. Call quality also seems to be just passable so sounds like I may be using my MW07 Go for a bit longer and maybe skipping this generation. Also seems to point to some of the older (and now cheaper) true wireless buds as cheaper alternatives (such as the Jabra 85T or MTW2). I really like my MW07 Go but finding it hard to get excited for the MW08 for some reason. Hoping to see some impressions here that will change my mind.

https://www.engadget.com/master-and-dynamic-mw08-review-true-wireless-earbuds-143027692.html

In the meantime, back to waiting for an MTW3.
I'm curious about the next gen of MTW. And the next Sony's. Read a bunch of reviews on the MW08 and also not 100% sold

Mar 29, 2021 at 1:15 PM Post #31,275 of 63,195
Right now seems like my freebuds pro have nothing to fear for a while.
Bluetooth 5.2.
multipoint connection
Single bud use
Qi charging
Full control on bud
Great ANC and ambient mode
Great sound but no in built EQ yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back