Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 26, 2021 at 7:56 AM Post #31,172 of 63,195
I just bought the Buds Live, and comparing it to my other open TWS, i think i enjoy the Vooplay and Vivo Neo (both with foams).

i haven't tested the ANC with constant droning machine sound, but i kinda don't like the fact that it boosted the bass EQ of the music too.. the touch is also a bit finicky. i ended up removing the rubber wings entirely so i can slide the buds deeper into my ears to have a fuller mids and bass.. i already ordered the silicone sleeves, hopefully it would raise the bass slightly.

on the plus side, it's really comfortable on my ears

Mar 26, 2021 at 10:25 AM Post #31,173 of 63,195
I caved and added the Jabra 85t to the stable and so far I am loving them. I did not know the app even has its own white noise / ambient sounds generator. Awesome.

The fit is also great and the app confirms it. The only thing is that it feels not super secure, this is where I miss the wings of the Bose QC earbuds. I tried googling around, but has anyone tested any kind of wings with the 85t? Is there anything that would fit? I am already used to fitting wings onto my Sabbat X12 every time I take them out of the case, so that would not be the worst hassle.

Mar 26, 2021 at 10:27 AM Post #31,174 of 63,195
I just bought the Buds Live, and comparing it to my other open TWS, i think i enjoy the Vooplay and Vivo Neo (both with foams).

i haven't tested the ANC with constant droning machine sound, but i kinda don't like the fact that it boosted the bass EQ of the music too.. the touch is also a bit finicky. i ended up removing the rubber wings entirely so i can slide the buds deeper into my ears to have a fuller mids and bass.. i already ordered the silicone sleeves, hopefully it would raise the bass slightly.

on the plus side, it's really comfortable on my ears
I think getting the fit right is really key, I think I got very lucky in that case. I ordered and tried the sleeves, but they don't add anything, actually slightly less comfortable ...

I love the ANC and that slight bass boost ... the only thing I think I notice is that there are like 2 different phases / cycles in the ANC .. hard to explain, but the quality seems to even so slightly change back and forth .. like as if I suddenly change my jaw line by grinning and it effect the fit, but it happens when I don't do anything ...

Mar 26, 2021 at 10:56 AM Post #31,175 of 63,195
I caved and added the Jabra 85t to the stable and so far I am loving them. I did not know the app even has its own white noise / ambient sounds generator. Awesome.

The fit is also great and the app confirms it. The only thing is that it feels not super secure, this is where I miss the wings of the Bose QC earbuds. I tried googling around, but has anyone tested any kind of wings with the 85t? Is there anything that would fit? I am already used to fitting wings onto my Sabbat X12 every time I take them out of the case, so that would not be the worst hassle.
I would also be a purchaser of any wings we can get to fit. I bought some SpinFits and they are an improvement over the stock oval tips but not a huge improvement. The SpinFits improve the 75ts quite a bit.

Mar 26, 2021 at 11:30 AM Post #31,177 of 63,195
I think getting the fit right is really key, I think I got very lucky in that case. I ordered and tried the sleeves, but they don't add anything, actually slightly less comfortable ...

I love the ANC and that slight bass boost ... the only thing I think I notice is that there are like 2 different phases / cycles in the ANC .. hard to explain, but the quality seems to even so slightly change back and forth .. like as if I suddenly change my jaw line by grinning and it effect the fit, but it happens when I don't do anything ...

i just tested the ANC (my wife was using her hair dryer :sweat_smile:) it does cut the lowest frequency, but not much.. also that chime everytime i turn in on/off is annoyingly loud.. wish it could be turned off like the XM3.. i think i won't use the ANC for now.

now that it's quieter, i can appreciate the sound of it more. it has a wider/more spread sound compared to the vooplay, but now I'm starting to enjoy it too.

it's really comfortable and i can lay my ears on the pillow without problems

Mar 26, 2021 at 11:37 AM Post #31,178 of 63,195
So, i am wondering if "custom" like fittings lower the BT Range since they become more absorbed by the human body. I love the MT's but i have noticed they have some wonky reception. No issues walking with the phone in my pocket or in open areas. But, when there are some obstructions is when the single starts to break in my cases. I would rate their BT Range as slightly below average.

For instance, i have a deck where i'll put my phone on one of the support beams below. The deck is 15 feet long. If i walk around to the stairs (all open underneath) it starts to have issues. But, if im wandering the 75 foot backyard - no issues.

Does anyone else who have had experience with more of an out the ear and in the ear notice the same thing with range/obstructions?

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2021 at 11:41 AM Post #31,179 of 63,195
So, i am wondering if "custom" like fittings lower the BT Range since they become more absorbed by the human body. I love the MT's but i have noticed they have some wonky reception. No issues walking with the phone in my pocket or in open areas. But, when there are some obstructions is when the single starts to break in my cases. I would rate their BT Range as slightly below average.

For instance, i have a deck where i'll put my phone on one of the support beams below. The deck is 15 feet long. If i walk around to the stairs (all open underneath) it starts to have issues. But, if im wandering the 75 foot backyard - no issues.

Does anyone else who have had experience with more of an out the ear and in the ear notice the same thing with range/obstructions?
Can't say that I had. I can use most pairs throughout the house, even if I leave my phone on the nightstand. What source are you using?

Mar 26, 2021 at 11:42 AM Post #31,180 of 63,195
I would also be a purchaser of any wings we can get to fit. I bought some SpinFits and they are an improvement over the stock oval tips but not a huge improvement. The SpinFits improve the 75ts quite a bit.
I am actually fine with the stock tips ... are there any oval tips that fit well? I really like the semi open feel. Works for me and my wonky ears.

Mar 26, 2021 at 11:44 AM Post #31,181 of 63,195
i just tested the ANC (my wife was using her hair dryer :sweat_smile:) it does cut the lowest frequency, but not much.. also that chime everytime i turn in on/off is annoyingly loud.. wish it could be turned off like the XM3.. i think i won't use the ANC for now.

now that it's quieter, i can appreciate the sound of it more. it has a wider/more spread sound compared to the vooplay, but now I'm starting to enjoy it too.

it's really comfortable and i can lay my ears on the pillow without problems
I actually have the ANC always on and the touches blocked :) So, I am not getting the annoying on / off sounds that much

Mar 26, 2021 at 12:01 PM Post #31,182 of 63,195
Can't say that I had. I can use most pairs throughout the house, even if I leave my phone on the nightstand. What source are you using?

Note 10; its a workhorse. The L2Ps can go anywhere in my house - no issues. I leave my phone downstairs when i workout between sets and i'll come up to my room which above where i work out. The MTs were clipping. L2Ps, no issue.

Its not a huge issue but more so from curiosity. I am ok with relegating the MTs to smallish range activities.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2021 at 12:13 PM Post #31,183 of 63,195
Note 10; its a workhorse. The L2Ps can go anywhere in my house - no issues. I leave my phone downstairs when i workout between sets and i'll come up to my room which above where i work out. The MTs were clipping. L2Ps, no issue.

Its not a huge issue but more so from curiosity. I am ok with relegating the MTs to smallish range activities.
Interesting. The only time I ever really have a range issue is when it comes to placing my phone in my back pocket and the MTs were the first pair that didn't give me grief in that department. Hopefully there's an update that improves range for you.

Mar 26, 2021 at 2:25 PM Post #31,184 of 63,195
Interesting. The only time I ever really have a range issue is when it comes to placing my phone in my back pocket and the MTs were the first pair that didn't give me grief in that department. Hopefully there's an update that improves range for you.

If there is one, great. If not, for what i use them for - they are great. The small hiccups in circumstances that are of the lowest priority - i'll take the good with the bad. :thumbsup:

Mar 26, 2021 at 7:04 PM Post #31,185 of 63,195
Depends on which "one" we're talking about here. On second thought, knowing how often my wife loses her APPs, I might have to agree with you (only for different reasons).

Could save yourself some coin and go with the JBL or MW07 GO (unless you care about how you sound on phone calls, in which case pass on the M&D) and save some spare change, though. I also wouldn't shy away from the UE FITS for the reasons you mentioned, but I'm sure the Grado sound spectacular as well.
hey thanks for the advice! I was actually thinking today about the Grado, wondering I’d they’d be good for “side sleeping”. My KEFs are almost small enough but still not totally comfortable. I’ve heard the Grado’s stick in really deep so maybe they’d be good?

Anybody try side sleeping with the Grado’s or find any high end TWS that are good for that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back