Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 15, 2020 at 12:16 PM Post #27,256 of 62,963
You may want to wait for the Master & Dynamic MW07 Plus. They should be an improvement over the MW07, which has great sound, but 2.5 hours of realistic battery life (maybe close to 3 if you listen at lower volumes). It also has multipoint, so I can connect to both my phones at the same time (listening on one, receiving calls from the other). I'd imagine the MW07 Plus will retain multipoint, but that remains to be seen. It's billed as having far better battery life, BT 5. (vs. 4.2), ANC, and better mics (original only has 1 mic) for calls.

Also, I really enjoy the WF-1000XM3, which can be EQd to your taste.

In terms of SQ, I don't think any of the Jabra TWS' come anywhere near the Master & Dynamic or Sony.
jabras definitely aren't bad. IF you like the MW07 plus, IIRC it has a similar tuning to the OG MW07, and @hifi80sman has mentioned being able to use them between 2 phones even though it isn't officially supported by M&D. I didn't care much for the sound or build of them, and battery life is pretty low like 3 hours i believe. so if you do go that routte i'd buy them on a bargain. if nothing else, you might be able to get them as a placeholder till something else comes along that supports multipoint and has a sound you might like.
Thanks for pointing that out. I tried a bit how the MW07+ work with "multi pairing". I can get them to pair L and R to a separate source device. Then one of the sides connects to the other side (seems to be random, which side does that). So I can listen to stereo with one source device and mono on one earbud from the other source device. Here are the steps to reproduce:
  1. Take both buds out of the case and let them connect to any source device. (as usual)
  2. Disconnect them manually from the source device, by clicking "disconnect" on the source device.
  3. Click "connect" on both source devices for the L/R earbud. (each source device a different one)
  4. Wait until connected and until one earbud connects to the other.
Is there a trick to get both source devices to play stereo sound?
Or did this only work on the (original) MW07?

Nov 15, 2020 at 1:03 PM Post #27,257 of 62,963
The era of at least capable budget TWS earbuds appears to have arrived. Lots of Amazon sales right now and some decent tech available under $100.

I bought a bunch of them just to experiment with.. the sheer number of form factors, cases, features from the 8,423 Chinese off-brands is almost overwhelming.

As expected, many of the off-brand/unknown units are crap, worthy of their sub-$30 price points.

One less expensive set that many people like that I absolutely hated was the mpow X3. I don't know whether it's the form factor (external stems), but I did not find them enjoyable at all. I sent those back in short order.

My 3rd place, the mpow m30, on the other hand, are fairly decent at roughly $26. Just a little bit thin when it comes to overall sound especially midrange, compared to my top two. I'll keep them as backup buds.

My top two are the Enacfire E60 ($23) and Fiil T1X ($37) and I go back and forth between the two in terms of likability.

Fiil T1X:

+ Better sound quality of the two when everything is situated just right
+ App with 15+ EQ profiles
- Finicky as a MOFO when it comes to getting them placed in ear; not as comfortable

Enacfire E60:

+ Aptx support
+ Wireless charging
+ Comfortable and easy to situate

If I could blend these two, I'd be there. I love the overall sound of the Fiil better than the Enacfire, but MAN are the Fiil a pain in the azz to get situated in ear. A little bit off in any way and the sound is dogsh*t... but when they're in there right, it sounds gorgeous. But I feel like I need to be very wary of jostling them out of position. Listening to music with the Fiil becomes a more "managed" process.

For grab-and-go, the Enacfire E60 is a stupidly good value for money. At $23 they're effectively disposable.

Nov 15, 2020 at 2:36 PM Post #27,258 of 62,963
After buying two really good sounding TWS earphones (Haylou T16 and Fiil T1XS) my tws journey ends here until both phones and tws earphones has bluetooth 5.2 which will support LE audio and new LC3 codec. Please wake me up when this happens. :o2smile:

Nov 16, 2020 at 1:20 AM Post #27,259 of 62,963
Haven't been keeping up with TWS. With how quickly everything is moving in this space, any thoughts on how these older models (discounted) stack up to what's current?
  • Liberty 2 Pro $107AUD ($77USD) - I think will suit my basshead tastes, but no multipoint or AptX-LL
  • Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless (MTW1) $149.95 ($109USD) - has multipoint and AptX-LL. Not worried about battery drain issue (can be fixed with magnetic usb-c connector apparently). Was always too expensive for me, but this might be cheap enough for me to consider for their AptX-LL capability (have an AptX-LL transmitter for my Switch), but not cheap enough to buy just for fun!
Either worth a go at these prices, or has everything moved on? (These FIIL models seem to be really popular!)

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2020 at 2:40 AM Post #27,260 of 62,963
After buying two really good sounding TWS earphones (Haylou T16 and Fiil T1XS) my tws journey ends here until both phones and tws earphones has bluetooth 5.2 which will support LE audio and new LC3 codec. Please wake me up when this happens. :o2smile:
Do the Haylou can connect to more than one device at the same time?

Haven't been keeping up with TWS. With how quickly everything is moving in this space, any thoughts on how these older models (discounted) stack up to what's current?
  • Liberty 2 Pro $107AUD ($77USD) - I think will suit my basshead tastes, but no multipoint or AptX-LL
  • Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless (MTW1) $149.95 ($109USD) - has multipoint and AptX-LL. Not worried about battery drain issue (can be fixed with magnetic usb-c connector apparently). Was always too expensive for me, but this might be cheap enough for me to consider for their AptX-LL capability (have an AptX-LL transmitter for my Switch), but not cheap enough to buy just for fun!
Either worth a go at these prices, or has everything moved on? (These FIIL models seem to be really popular!)
The MTW1 don't have multipoint I think. The "old" Master&Dynamic MW07 do I think.

EDIT1: The MW07 are on sale for close to 60€ on amazon.de right now in the blue version.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2020 at 4:52 AM Post #27,261 of 62,963
MTW1 doesn't have multipoint, but for $149 and with aptx ll, i think they're worth a look. They have aged well in the almost 2 years i've had them. That said, the L2P are a really solid twe imo. Don't have them anymore but from my memory i think they also have aged well in the year they've been out. If you consider buying both and wouldn't feel the need to get anything else after they died, i think you'd be set for quite a while. Sure some advancements will be made, but by the time both twe's wore out, you'd likely be looking at options that would be significant upgrades.

Nov 16, 2020 at 5:34 AM Post #27,262 of 62,963

My T16’s are getting disconnected often while I’m on a call or when I’m traveling, especially one of the earbuds! Have you experienced similar things with yours? Good to see a fellow T16 user here 😂

Nov 16, 2020 at 7:20 AM Post #27,263 of 62,963
The MTW1 don't have multipoint I think.
MTW1 doesn't have multipoint

Ah right, my mistake - I swear when I was looking it up earlier, I saw someone say multipoint had been introduced in an update or something. I must have read wrong!

Or maybe it was just wishful thinking, trying to justify to myself buying both! :)

Nov 16, 2020 at 12:41 PM Post #27,265 of 62,963
RHA is teasing a new TWS release for Thur. Appears to be a new form factor.

Nice find. Though aren't the ones that tease the ones that disappoint more. The one that have a lot to talk about usually are better.
1605548382496.png

Not giving yet another company my email address unless I am registering something I actually bought from them.

Nov 16, 2020 at 12:56 PM Post #27,266 of 62,963
Hoping for a better fit this time round with RHA, shame their previous truly wireless efforts were hampered by that huge earpiece that never fitted properly. Really enjoyed their wired earphones.

Nov 16, 2020 at 2:10 PM Post #27,268 of 62,963
Nice find. Though aren't the ones that tease the ones that disappoint more. The one that have a lot to talk about usually are better.
1605548382496.png
Not giving yet another company my email address unless I am registering something I actually bought from them.

I liked the sound of the originals. But RHA marketed them as a lifestyle product rather than an audiophile product. Hopefully they shift directions as they do make nice wired headphones.

Nov 16, 2020 at 3:01 PM Post #27,269 of 62,963
According to Amazon, the Cleer Goal are gonna be $69.99 when they come in stock there. Great price if you want an open style. Only true wireless that can make me jump/fool me like a good wired set not being able to tell some podcasts sounds from real life due to both the open and airy nature but the SQ is excellent even with SBC. Just a chance you might need to add foams for the best seal but they still work fine with the case with foams on. Sound like a good monitor speaker really.

Nov 16, 2020 at 3:59 PM Post #27,270 of 62,963

Users who are viewing this thread

Back