Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 7, 2020 at 9:04 PM Post #26,356 of 62,963
Well anyone notice any gremlins in the Bose app? Tried my buds today after not using since Sunday. Left earbud is dead. App shows both earbuds fully charged at 100 at the same time the left one is dead. Hmmm. Hoping this is user error

Oct 7, 2020 at 9:22 PM Post #26,359 of 62,963
Have you tried to get a refund from the seller, or start TRN RMA for repair? :)

I did with two other TRN DOA items ( a cable and Bluetooth module) and found the RMA process totally useless. They asked me to take few long videos to prove that items were non functional and after I did all that they offered little discount on same products. Like WHAT?

So I pay for two items for one working product? What kind of math is this lol. I just stopped buying their stuff.

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2020 at 9:25 PM Post #26,360 of 62,963
Broke off while detaching Shouer Tape.

i always detach mmcx by using my nails to pinch and pry the connecfor instead of pulling the cable, because i alway fear that the connector would have a stronger grip than the cable strength. using mmcx prying device like the Final audio assist would also helped. i personally never use it (my fingernails are sufficient :sweat_smile:) but my friends seems to like it

Screenshot_20201008-082028.jpg

for the broken ones, you could save them by replacing the connectors or the cables also like what @assassin10000 did to his unit

Oct 7, 2020 at 9:25 PM Post #26,361 of 62,963
I did with two other TRN DOA items ( a cable and Bluetooth module) and found the RMA process totally useless. They asked me to take few long videos to prove that items were non functional and after I did all that they offered little discount on same products. Like WHAT?
Yipe!, that's no good. Too bad, I was thinking of trying that TRN BT20s... from Linsoul I think, yup - perhaps Linsoul or your seller can help?

Oct 7, 2020 at 9:28 PM Post #26,362 of 62,963
i always detach mmcx by using my nails to pinch and pry the connecfor instead of pulling the cable, because i alway fear that the connector would have a stronger grip than the cable strength. using mmcx prying device like the Final audio assist would also helped. i personally never use it (my fingernails are sufficient :sweat_smile:) but my friends seems to like it

for the broken ones, you could save them by replacing the connectors or the cables also like what @assassin10000 did to his unit

I didn’t pull the cable. I was pinching between the connectors and TRN side separated. You are looking at the picture after I tried to re solder new mmcx connector I bought.
Wish I had that mmcx tool tho.

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2020 at 10:01 PM Post #26,363 of 62,963
Anyone have a long-term review of the Fiil T1X?

I've been eyeing this for a while and it seems highly recommended.

However on Amazon, there are so many negative reviews of buds dying prematurely and overall QC issues.

I think you're better off with the 1XS at this point? It's smaller and newer, and I think the in-App "prompt language change" thing only applies for the T1XS (correct me if I'm wrong - the T1X was sold in Chinese and English prompt versions AFAIK).

That said, I it does look like the older T1X comes with a sturdier case tho (the T1XS one is rather flimsy).

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2020 at 10:38 PM Post #26,364 of 62,963
I think you're better off with the 1XS at this point? It's smaller and newer, and I think the in-App "prompt language change" thing only applies for the T1XS (correct me if I'm wrong - the T1X was sold in Chinese and English prompt versions AFAIK).

That said, I it does look like the older T1X comes with a sturdier case tho (the T1XS one is rather flimsy).
The T1XS auto pause was too sensitive for me but that could be a function of my ears. It’d occasionally pause when I opened my mouth.

i notice as well that if you use the largest wing tips they provide, it’s a struggle to put that into the case.

I’ll stick with my T1X.

Oct 8, 2020 at 12:06 AM Post #26,365 of 62,963
The T1XS auto pause was too sensitive for me but that could be a function of my ears. It’d occasionally pause when I opened my mouth.

i notice as well that if you use the largest wing tips they provide, it’s a struggle to put that into the case.

I’ll stick with my T1X.

You can literally turn that function off TBH (mine is off because if one bud is out it's going into the case anyway). Haven't noticed the wingtip issue, but I'm still on the default sized ones (+ Sony Hyb tips however).

Also XS has monitor mode which can be kinda useful (sometimes?). But that is a pretty subjective pro.

But the lid not being spring loaded? Now that's a pretty obvious con on the XS (at least until I got used to it). I wonder if the X case had a spring loaded lid.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2020 at 1:18 AM Post #26,366 of 62,963
You can literally turn that function off TBH (mine is off because if one bud is out it's going into the case anyway). Haven't noticed the wingtip issue, but I'm still on the default sized ones (+ Sony Hyb tips however).

Also XS has monitor mode which can be kinda useful (sometimes?). But that is a pretty subjective pro.

But the lid not being spring loaded? Now that's a pretty obvious con on the XS (at least until I got used to it). I wonder if the X case had a spring loaded lid.
It is spring loaded but is not particularly strong.

Oct 8, 2020 at 5:32 AM Post #26,368 of 62,963
I've been fortunate as far as QC goes. 2 of 4 TRN products died but due to my error, not TRN's.

One pair BT20 went through the wash and killed the batteries. The other was a pair of BT20S that I tried to rotate the connector around 180°, the bent end of the spring wire that is about 2mm long caught and broke a wire inside.

Oct 8, 2020 at 7:29 AM Post #26,369 of 62,963
What, so the the Huawei FreeBuds Pro supports dual device connection? I'll seriously consider them then.

edit: They don't support APTX, so the dual connection feature is basically useless if you wanted to pair them with a PC, SBC is just too awful.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2020 at 7:38 AM Post #26,370 of 62,963
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back