Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 18, 2020 at 12:00 AM Post #25,831 of 63,196
I updated them, but I think they went borderline sibilant (again). :frowning2:
A little bright highs and sibilance was my first and only? negative when I bought my MTW2.
But especially the last firmware made them a little smoother I think.
Now with 4.13.0 I think they are a tad bright again, and as I said a little sibilant as well.

Did the bass get a little "rumbly" too? (or have I listened too much to my Philips Fidelio X3 lately :) )

Hmm, from my experience it seems there is a change in treble signature but I feel the mids to have improved a bit. I think if you are on old firmware and enable MTW2 preset of AutoEQ in Wavelet, that is how it sounds. Bass seems a little less to me, perhaps due to boosted mids and change in treble signature

Sep 18, 2020 at 1:44 AM Post #25,832 of 63,196
@Tronsmart Official is there an update on the Apollo Bold app? I also wanted to note, before you post it for review on google/apple, please make the equalizer settings a little more legible than the spunky beats app edition where they have subjective names and no notes/graphics showing what they do.

Sep 18, 2020 at 1:55 AM Post #25,833 of 63,196
@Tronsmart Official is there an update on the Apollo Bold app? I also wanted to note, before you post it for review on google/apple, please make the equalizer settings a little more legible than the spunky beats app edition where they have subjective names and no notes/graphics showing what they do.
Hi,
Apollo Bold APP will come in the end of this month. Yes, we have collected your feedback and keep improving before we release!

Sep 18, 2020 at 2:29 AM Post #25,834 of 63,196
Hi,
Apollo Bold APP will come in the end of this month. Yes, we have collected your feedback and keep improving before we release!
Thank you. Let me know if you want me to test an apk file before release and offer early feedback I can sideload it on my phone before play store approval. I'll post a longer review of earphone and app having used it for a month now.

Sep 18, 2020 at 2:41 AM Post #25,835 of 63,196
You cannot judge the MTW2s after just trying the stock tips, IMHO. They are cr...

Tried Spinfits, Spiral Dots and Final Type E. If nothing else the MTW2s made me realise just how good the Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro's are, let alone for less than half the cost.

Sep 18, 2020 at 3:03 AM Post #25,836 of 63,196
I was able to get a 1 year free trial. When you log in with your Apple ID, it seems to see what new Apple devices you've connected to your account (purchased) recently and will give you a 1 year trial in lieu of the 7 day trial.

https://offers.appletvapp.apple/
i think I am still good for a 1 year trial, from buying a new iPhone last year ... but I don't want to use the bandwidth to watch HD shows / movies on my phone .. there are places where I can find tiny, but great quality x265 versions of shows in small file sizes :D

Sep 18, 2020 at 3:34 AM Post #25,838 of 63,196
Do you know if you can get multiple free years? ie, if I bought another new phone would I get another free year? I doubt it, but curious.
Probably, if you purchased another device and have another Apple ID

Sep 18, 2020 at 4:56 AM Post #25,840 of 63,196
Oh no, not at all. I'm just totally new to IEMs.
Some guy also suggested the L5, which are pretty new.
You can also read through some of @tgx78 's posts. He's a critical classical music listener who has a really sharp set of ears and is always in pursuit of faithful instrument fidelity.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2020 at 5:57 AM Post #25,841 of 63,196
This is probably not new to Android users or people more tech savvy than me but iOS14 now allows me to rename every Bluetooth device connected to my iPhone.
No more weird names, mixture of upper and lower case characters etc. OCD heaven.

Sep 18, 2020 at 9:23 AM Post #25,844 of 63,196
So who's pre-ordered the Bose ? Their 90 day trial period was too tempting for me :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back