Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 2, 2019 at 2:56 PM Post #12,722 of 62,896
My T5's sound muddy as hell compared to the Tevi's. even though according to the freq. response charts they are very similar. Even if i want to turn the Tevi up, it's so bright

I think you commented on the the wrong post, friend :) That question was for @Iron-Buddha.

Got it.

Yeah I’m not sure even what “muddy” means...just know that after further reflection the Tevi is basically a tweaked T5.

Oct 2, 2019 at 3:02 PM Post #12,724 of 62,896
Amazon has the Sony WF1000XM1 for 69.00.
Saw it. Bought it.

I had these a while back when I was a TWS beginner and I don't think I gave them a fair shot. I was into more over-ear wireless stuff at the time and the battery didn't wow me at 2.5 to 3 hours. However, now, I frequently switch from one TWS to another throughout the course of a day just for fun/variety, so battery is not THAT important for me in my current addiction phase.

Also, haven't been too impressed with the WF-1000XM3 reviews, specifically the call quality (doesn't sound good at all) and the lack of volume control for $229. If they were $179, I could take more omissions, but given many will use this for business, calls should have been a high priority for them. That's what keeps me from Audio-Technica's wireless stuff, as they have some of the worst integrated headphone/earbud mics in the history of mankind.

Oct 2, 2019 at 3:06 PM Post #12,725 of 62,896
I'm probably going to buy these today. Have you heard them?
I have not heard them, but it looks like the Anbes 359 shell with all new Qualcomm QCC3020 with aptX and a nice metal case. If the drivers are the same as the Anbes 359, these should be excellent, especially for the price.

Oct 2, 2019 at 3:15 PM Post #12,727 of 62,896
Hello,

I have been away from this thread for a while and I was wondering if they solved MTW’s charging box problem...

Perhaps that the subject has been taken but I did not find it in this thread.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2019 at 3:24 PM Post #12,728 of 62,896
Whelp, my MMCX BT20S arrived and I tried to pair them up with my Dunu T6 and low and behold, the placement of the MMCX on the IEM makes them incompatible with the BT20S. So, that stinks. Anyone recommend a nice MMCX IEM to pair with the BT20S?

Was playing around the BT20S with few MMCX IEMs this morning. In terms of fitting, the BGVP DMG (last photo) works best for me.

vV3ilzpm.jpg

JfqRhoAm.jpg

V9phgYLm.jpg

7y5SOn3m.jpg

edited: changed the last photo

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2019 at 3:28 PM Post #12,729 of 62,896
Hello,

I have been away from this thread for a while and I was wondering if they solved MTW’s charging box problem...

Perhaps that the subject has been taken but I did not find it in this thread.

Thank you.

I havent heard anything about a "fix" but I doubt it since they have said in the past that it was a design choice so I dont think they believe there is anything to fix They did include an option to turn off the buds from the app about 2 updates back but I have never tried it. I just charge my case when I get into the office every day and use other IEMs at work so I have not had any issues with with battery life.

Battery life on the MW07 Plus looks promising so maybe that is the "fix" I am waiting for (for the issue I dont have but that is besides the point).

Oct 2, 2019 at 3:46 PM Post #12,730 of 62,896
Thank you for the infos...

I have had 3 times the senns and always sold them or sent them back... Loved the sound but... not convinced about functionality.

Yes I also had the MWO7 but fitting was awfull...

I will stick with my Jabra 65t (one of the best all rounder and wait eventually for the new 75t...

Oct 2, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #12,732 of 62,896
Almost a year since I got the mavins with apt-x. In one year no clues to apt-x hd, but qcc3020 has come to low price tws so that's progress.

Still no buds I find attractive to replace the 65t for hiking
-ambient feature with music
-multipoint
-ipx rating
-volume control

I don`t think ive missed any releases that have all these features.
Almost a year since I got the mavins with apt-x. In one year no clues to apt-x hd, but qcc3020 has come to low price tws so that's progress.

Still no buds I find attractive to replace the 65t for hiking
-ambient feature with music
-multipoint
-ipx rating
-volume control

I don`t think ive missed any releases that have all these features.

Both of these top my growing collection of TWS buds.
It might be my imagination, but it seems my 65t sounds better since the recent firmware update. FWIW, the latest Sound+ now requires at least Android 7 rather than 6 as previously.

Oct 2, 2019 at 4:23 PM Post #12,733 of 62,896
I have not heard them, but it looks like the Anbes 359 shell with all new Qualcomm QCC3020 with aptX and a nice metal case. If the drivers are the same as the Anbes 359, these should be excellent, especially for the price.

If he already has the Anbes 359, what's the purpose of getting the Kanoe? Will the "Qualcomm QCC3020 with aptX" make a difference?

Oct 2, 2019 at 4:29 PM Post #12,734 of 62,896
As bad as they are, not sure I can say they are much worse than Airpods! haha. I'd like to hear some of the discussions when stuff like this is getting designed from firms like Apple and MS. Suspect discreet is completely out of the question and not an option.
I just saw a picture of the "backside," and it looks like they cut an airpod off the stalk and stuck that cap on the top. So no isolation and ugly. Oh, and expensive as heck ($249).

Everyone else: "We want to make products people will buy."
Microsoft: "Hold my beer." :darthsmile:

Oct 2, 2019 at 4:41 PM Post #12,735 of 62,896
Yeah well I wouldn’t say the T5 are muddy at all. But we all have different ears.
I agree with you. But in comparison to the Tevi and a TWS like the Tranya T3 or especially the Bomaker Sifi, the T5 does not sparkle as much. For me it also depends on what i'm listening to. Electronic music always has the best high and low end if it's recorded and produced well. If you want to compare Listen to this track. In the intermissions of the song, you can really hear the difference in the mids and highs in the Tevi. They are really crisp and almost too sharp, while the low end is a little thumpy in the sub bass, on my Tevi's they almost sound empty compared to the T5. I'd be interested to hear your take. This is another good song I test with. Listen for the Snare drum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back