Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 30, 2019 at 12:49 AM Post #8,041 of 63,181
What codecs does the Tranya T3 support? Anybody chime in with call quality?
My s10 was using aac. Single call I had on a relatively quiet street didn’t go well - the other party was constantly asking me to repeat, but I was hearing them well. Doubt t3 has it better or worse than typical chi-fi in this price range like anbes 359. Heck, my $300 mw07 sucks at calls. The only non-apple tws I had that’s half decent at that is jabra 65t.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2019 at 4:47 AM Post #8,042 of 63,181
I made a decision, I'm going with the Anbes.

Would really love to buy Astrotec S80, but since I had some bad experience with Creative, I wanna go for cheap stuff this time.

Might decide to buy a pair later this year, maybe of even better stuff if anything comes out.

Jun 30, 2019 at 9:08 AM Post #8,043 of 63,181
T3 phone call was very good for me. I was in living room with TV on and my brother said I sounded much better than when I used my sennheiser mtw, or anbes, but not better than my 65t. I used them last night listening at very low volume, they sound so very nice. Warm and smooth, and very clear. Comfortable enough to sleep with on. Controls are working very nicely, the are a little bigger so you dont really jam the sound tubes in your ears when using them. Also the battery life is crazy long. I woke up in the morning and i still had 20% life and I was using them all afternoon noon before bed time. I might have gotten longer than what is advertised because I had it in a lower volume. The t3 are very nice, a definite keeper, Sound wise very good they get close to the powerful experience of the sennheiser mtw. You can get an anbes 359 and tranya t3 and be way below what a sennheiser, b&o or master and dynamics and not be too far off on the sound, your just missing some fancy features like the app eq, ambient sound etc. These companies better pick up there game. This is a good year for true wireless.

Jun 30, 2019 at 9:25 AM Post #8,044 of 63,181
Update on Jlab JBuds Air Executive:

Decided to keep them. I returned the 1st unit I received and got a new one. There is still driver flex "crinkle" sound, but there loud "clu-clunk" sound has largely disappeared. Keep in mind, the stronger the seal, obviously, the stronger the suction. I usually roll with the larger tips to create the effing highest vacuum seal known to man, but YMMV.

Here's what I found after spending a few days with them:

- Ambient feature works well and is uncommon at this price point. Used it a few times at the gym when people feel the need to chat instead of workout. I don't want to hear about your new Tesla. Great, doesn't pollute, nice...can I work out now?
- AAC on iPhone/Spotify combo works well, especially the Spotify built-in EQ. Taming the highs does the trick and the sound is quite nice. Keep in mind, highs are very "crispy", but if you enjoy a bright signature, you'll feel right at home.
- Don't really care about the built in EQ modes. Gimmicky, but doesn't take away from anything.
- Battery is good and right about where they advertise.
- Call quality is really solid and functional for the office, whereas most are not.
- Touch controls are responsive. Although not as intuitive as I would like, I've gotten used to them and it's not a problem.

For $69, the combination of features and sound are hard to beat. Strong in areas where most in the price range aren't (calls, ambient mode).

Thanks for this thorough update. I’m almost convinced to get those once they hit Amazon EU (not there yet and shipping costs to Spain ordering from the Jlab official site is almost the price of the buds )

Ambient mode and especially a - finally - solid mic for calls alongside decent SQ would make the case for me.

Assuming the price in Euros matches it in US bucks, sounds like a sweet deal. Even I don’t like stems, they look shorter than the Airpods and I like the overall look of these.

Looking forward to get my hands on them

Jun 30, 2019 at 9:37 AM Post #8,045 of 63,181
T3 phone call was very good for me. I was in living room with TV on and my brother said I sounded much better than when I used my sennheiser mtw, or anbes, but not better than my 65t. I used them last night listening at very low volume, they sound so very nice. Warm and smooth, and very clear. Comfortable enough to sleep with on. Controls are working very nicely, the are a little bigger so you dont really jam the sound tubes in your ears when using them. Also the battery life is crazy long. I woke up in the morning and i still had 20% life and I was using them all afternoon noon before bed time. I might have gotten longer than what is advertised because I had it in a lower volume. The t3 are very nice, a definite keeper, Sound wise very good they get close to the powerful experience of the sennheiser mtw. You can get an anbes 359 and tranya t3 and be way below what a sennheiser, b&o or master and dynamics and not be too far off on the sound, your just missing some fancy features like the app eq, ambient sound etc. These companies better pick up there game. This is a good year for true wireless.

This Tranya brand has made me curious. As opposed to most other chifi brands, It seems they only do TWS products (have 4 right now in their line up) and again, being chifi, they’re not listed on AliX, Bangood or rest of usual places typical for this stuff. Kind of odd, definitely :smile_phones:

Jun 30, 2019 at 10:00 AM Post #8,046 of 63,181
Thanks for the detailed reply. Would you also be able to comment on whether it supports any codes more than SBC?

Jun 30, 2019 at 2:15 PM Post #8,049 of 63,181
My tranya t3 came in today, I charged them up fully before trying them. Wow! These have bass, lots of bass! they actually vibrate my ear a little! Definitely more bass than anbes, but t3 is not surpassing sennheiser mtw bass levels yet, but it's up there for sure. Soundstage is much wider on anbes, and sennheiser but its not bad here. it's hard for bassy headphones to have super wide soundstage but that could change with use when they open up. I dont want to talk too much about sound yet because I totally believe in burn in, and I think the r3 will change but right now these t3 sound smooth, warm and have lots of volume, no harsh highs, decent clear mids. Fit is great, it looks like the chubbier, brother of the anbes 359, they are much bigger than anbes 359 but not obnoxiously big in ear, they look good in my ear, the tranya t3 bud looks smaller than my sennheiser mtw. They seem really nicely built, I might say they look a little nicer than anbes 359. Case is nice too I like it. The case is big and bulky compared to anbes, it is the same size as the sennheiser mtw case. the t3 holds alot more charges right? So that's ok to me. Buttons work as advertised, easier to hit than anbes, but I actually like touch controls better like the sennheiser mtw. The only negative I can see is people who dont know how to use true wireless headsets are gonna blast these in ear and not like them. These have lots of volume and bass, listen to them at a lower level to avoid fatigue and distortion.

At this point it's a definitely a good buy, I like it alot already as write this. Its beating anbes for pure bass, pure volume and powerful sound, and battery life.
How does the T3 compare to the Sennheisers and Galaxy Buds in terms of detail and separation?

Jun 30, 2019 at 2:59 PM Post #8,050 of 63,181
I received these this morning and find them to be very bass heavy drowning out all mid and trebles also had a couple of micro disconnections, so I personally wouldn't recommend.
Oof, thanks. Bought them under de YTOM brand for 29 euros, hope the seller is willing to cancel my order.

Jun 30, 2019 at 5:46 PM Post #8,052 of 63,181
Jun 30, 2019 at 5:54 PM Post #8,053 of 63,181
the evil hoarder in me went for some late night amazon shopping and found THIS .... ZagZog ... this listing on German amazon is somewhat misleading as most of the reviews are for an older model, they just re-used the listing (should be red flag #1) .. they also seem to be rather fresh on AliX, no orders yet (as far as I could judge from image search results listings) ... well, 31.99€ after coupon .. AND I can return if they utterly suck.

zagzog.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2019 at 6:09 PM Post #8,055 of 63,181
What about the sound? Seal? Fit? Fun factor other than shower music?
They sound pretty good. Not as good as T3. Bass is lighter. Isolation and fit ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back