Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 25, 2019 at 12:52 PM Post #5,746 of 62,897
anyone tried sabbat E12?

Mar 25, 2019 at 1:28 PM Post #5,747 of 62,897
anyone tried sabbat E12?

Yes... And sorry to say that to my ears, there’s to much bass, high medium and treble is a little bit harsh and artificial.

Mar 25, 2019 at 3:23 PM Post #5,748 of 62,897
Wow!
I'm so surprised. These are fantastic at $27.
They are not expensive looking, and the charging case is a bit plasticy and a little bulky.
BUT they sound great, and the comfort is amazing (in my ears). Even with the default mounted silicon tips I get a good seal and amazing bass.
Edit: They sound a bit "narrow", so the stereo imaging and soundstage is not as good as the more expensive ones, but the mids are smooth, the highs are quite detailed (no hiss or sharp S'es like the E8 with silicon tips) and the bass is tight and punchy without being to overwhelming.
Edit 2: The BT connection is rock solid! When the E8 have dropouts several places in my apartment, I have NO dropouts with the QCY. (Thank you BT5.0)
I can confirm they support AAC and there are no SBC noise (guess they use BT between them, and not NFMI) on the left and crackle on the right (as the 10x more expensive MTW and E8 have)
I just have to say Wow again...

try putting some wide bore tips on them. it will increase the sound dramatically.

anyone tried sabbat E12?

i have, would not recommend it. you better off with the QCY T1C or T2C

Mar 25, 2019 at 4:01 PM Post #5,749 of 62,897
It's amazing how much an eartip can change the sound and experience of an in-ear headset. I'm glad I'm such a "nerd" that I don't just use the standard included tips...
Have tested a lot of different tips on my B&O E8 2.0.
Comply Ts-200 Medium/Large, T-200 M/L, Symbio by MandarinEs M/L, Spinfit CP-100 M/L and Spinfit CP-100Z L. (and of course briefly tried the default silicon tips that's included)
The best fit is the Spinfit CP-100Z L for me, very comfortable, with good seal and tight punchy bass. BUT the highs are a bit too sharp. The "s-sounds" are too sharp, especially on female vocals. Sadly :frowning2:
So after intense testing :) my choice fell on the Ts-200 Mediums. (The large ones pushed the buds too far out of the ear, and did not fit in the charging case). Good seal, good bass and the highs are warmer than with the Spinfits.
Good to know. I haven’t tried all the others, but have always been very happy with the Ts-200 with my 1.0 :)

Mar 25, 2019 at 6:25 PM Post #5,753 of 62,897
I’m sure they’ll be $399 or possibly even $499 because they’re BeEtZz yO!
Yes, they will initially be priced WAY too high, but they know all the Apple-Beats jobbers will skip that mortgage/school tuition payment to buy them. Later, they will be on "sale" for $299, which is the real regular price.

In related news, I did snag a pair of Beats Studio3 for $104 at Target (clearance, 70% off). For that price, I'm actually quite happy with them.

Mar 25, 2019 at 6:48 PM Post #5,754 of 62,897
Just a quick word about the Sabbat X12 Pro. I have been using it most of the day, and have been enjoying it more and more.

I figured out what was wrong with the sound at first...the fit. The seal of the shell has to be done really well to maximize the bass response. I have to twist the shell a little and push on the top of the shell. They are really comfortable. They want to fall out when I eat stuff though. I tried different foams throughout the day, but it killed the clarity and imaging, and the comfort as well as the practicality as it became tricky to slip into the case. I am a little worried about the gunk, I used to have a one ear bluetooth piece that looked like this, and the grills became yellow and gunky in time. I might grab a silicone earpod cover at the dollar store tomorrow see if it does anything.

As far as sound quality, they remind me of the Yincrow X6 or the RY4S UE. Great for pop, rap, and general casual music, but missing a little realism for some instruments and more critical listening. It's really easy to listen to them for hours on end with their sound and comfort. I really want to see a new version with a QCC5000 series chip that uses NC and APTX HD. That might be the perfect TWE set for me.

I can't seem to leave anything well enough alone. I ended up slightly modding my X12 Pro and trimming some earbud foams for them. I've got small ears and the length of the earpod shape was long enough it pressed the main body back against my antitragus a bit more than I wanted. Not quite hard enough to be a hotspot but it was noticeable after wearing them on and off all day.

I used a flat file laid on a counter and holding the ear piece ran the opening across it, to shorten the output of the X12 Pro. I also used a flat diamond file (about 5-6mm wide) to chamfer the edges and a razor to deburr the inside lip near the screen.

On the earbud foams I used a small set of cosmetics scissors with a slight bend to enlarge/oblong the main opening to fit the X12 Pro better and to open up a hole for the output. Same idea as using the 'donut' style foams on regular earbuds, creates a seal for better bass but doesn't reduce mids/highs.

Over exposed the image to better show the earbud foam.
20190325_152019.jpg

With or without foams they fit me better now.

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2019 at 6:48 PM Post #5,755 of 62,897
Yes, they will initially be priced WAY too high, but they know all the Apple-Beats jobbers will skip that mortgage/school tuition payment to buy them. Later, they will be on "sale" for $299, which is the real regular price.

Is Beats still such a big thing? At least here in Ireland I don’t see nearly as many as when Apple purchased it.

What a shame they picked Beats btw. I wish the AirPod technology could go into a more “proper” brand’s product line.

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2019 at 7:30 PM Post #5,756 of 62,897
Is Beats still such a big thing? At least here in Ireland I don’t see nearly as many as when Apple purchased it.

What a shame they picked Beats btw. I wish the AirPod technology could go into a more “proper” brand’s product line.
No, not anymore. The luster has worn off. There are so many options out there now that people are no longer defaulting to Beats. I'm sure Apple has a difficult task keeping the product lines distinct and geared towards their respective target market (young people, professionals, hipsters).

Mar 25, 2019 at 7:45 PM Post #5,757 of 62,897
I put on my Spinfit CP100Z L. Very happy with that.

sweet! glad it worked out for you. i cannot use small bores on the T1C, especially the long barrelled ones like the spinfits, because moving the T1C around in my ears with them produces sound like a resonant EQ sweep. with large bores, that sound is much lessened, and also really opens up the staging and trebles

Mar 25, 2019 at 8:00 PM Post #5,758 of 62,897
The qcy t1 pro has touch buttons instead of physical clicking buttons. But it uses Bluetooth 4.2 instead of 5, which may affect the connectivity. T1c which has bluetooth 5 has rock solid connectivity.

There is actually a newer version of the QCY T1 Pro that is BT 5.0. I absolutely love mine. I got mine at Gearbest for approx $40.

Mar 25, 2019 at 8:26 PM Post #5,759 of 62,897
QCY T1C is absolutely awesome. I used them on my 13 hours flight and it did a magnificent job of blocking outside noise. It blocks noise even better than my ZS7 impressively. Call quality on it is also not bad, but like most TWIEM, it uses an omni directional microphone, so the other end on the phone will hear every noise surrounding you.

I haven't had a chance to read through the entire thread, but any idea how the T1C compare to the T1 Pro? I absolutely love my Pro's.

Mar 25, 2019 at 8:33 PM Post #5,760 of 62,897
I ended up backing the Model X from Adv-Sound. I have two of their BT dongles that I really like so I believe their TWE's will be good and with nice sound. I really like the Senn's but wish the app would actually work and the battery lasted longer. Would be nice if the unit actually powered off in the case also. I backed the crazybaby air awhile ago and those were complete junk. No connection when outdoors.

I owned the Model 3 for a couple weeks, really love the sound quality but hated the cheap BT dongle, so I returned them. I am very interested in the Model X. They seem like a similar model to these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07L9PJJX1/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2KCABFGMJN44&psc=1 I am very interested to hear your impressions. Advanced is a great company that makes quality gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back