Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 25, 2019 at 3:32 AM Post #5,732 of 62,988
My ears can fit so many iems but airpods (wireless and wired) is not one of them. They can only stay put like 5 min and start to lose the seal and end up just hanging on my ear. I don't know about cheap in-ear, but my $14 KZ zsn ****s all over airpods.

AirPods aren’t technically IEMs though and there isn’t meant to be a seal. They are regular ear buds which are mean to sit on your ears.

Makes them unsuitable to listen to music in noisy environments for me due to a complete lack of isolation, but that’s the design they chose probably to make them easier to use and more confortable for the masses and to make them better for taking done calls (IEMs aren’t great for that as you can’t ear yourself talking and can’t regulate your voice).

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2019 at 4:09 AM Post #5,733 of 62,988
In Switzerland and France we say, "never 2 without 3", so after having sold 2 sets of deffective units, I bought for the third time the Sennheiser MTW...and... Am quite pleased to see that with the new firmware, I have no bugs or case issues... for me, after having bought Elite 65T (2x), B&O E2, Earin M2 (2x), Sabbat E12, M&D MW07, I think that the MTW's are now the best option when considering sound/compfort/isolation... M&D are a little bit better in terms of sound, more natural, organics, open BUT... impossible to fit to my ears with Spinfits, Symbios and so on... so, isolation was very bad... MTW's are not far behind in term od sound but fit like gloves in my ears...Very happy now....

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2019 at 4:48 AM Post #5,734 of 62,988
Hello guys! I'm trying to get into this bluetooth IEM world, but I'm not fully decided on which one to get just yet. At first I tought about grabbing the QCY QS1, and just as I was about to pull the trigger, I've noticed that QS2 is gonna launch pretty soon. Do you guys think that I should wait for QS2 to launch or just buy the QS1 now?

Mar 25, 2019 at 6:42 AM Post #5,735 of 62,988
Hello guys! I'm trying to get into this bluetooth IEM world, but I'm not fully decided on which one to get just yet. At first I tought about grabbing the QCY QS1, and just as I was about to pull the trigger, I've noticed that QS2 is gonna launch pretty soon. Do you guys think that I should wait for QS2 to launch or just buy the QS1 now?
Well, nothing is known about the QS2 and the QS1 is great. So...

Mar 25, 2019 at 7:36 AM Post #5,736 of 62,988
Both with the write-up of the review and the final score, What Hi-Fi clearly puts the Galaxy Buds below the AirPods though.

The AirPods get 3 stars and they say “this is the sort of sound you’d expect from an average pair of affordable earphones”; while the Galaxy Budss get 2 stars and “sound more or less equivalent to a pair of cheap in-ears - and not even a particularly good pair”.

Of course I’m not taking what they said as absolute truth and I’ll wait for other reviews, but at least from that one professional reviewing source I would buy AirPods and not Galaxy Buds.

you have to try them yourself, seriously the galaxy buds have a great sound, to me the sound better the Jabra 65t actives. I read couple of bad revews, I think some reviewers must be rushing to be first out the gate with a review, maybe not getting a good seal and letting them burn in. when reviewers say the bass in not good I have to laugh, they really are good in that department, they go low, hit good. treble are nice too, mids are recessed some though but better than most. there is no way they sound cheap at all, don't trust all reviewers. oh imo they are much better than ipods. come on now, I think at this point a lot of tw buds are.

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2019 at 8:21 AM Post #5,737 of 62,988
you have to try them yourself, seriously the galaxy buds have a great sound, to me the sound better the Jabra 65t actives. I read couple of bad revews, I think some reviewers must be rushing to be first out the gate with a review, maybe not getting a good seal and letting them burn in. when reviewers say the bass in not good I have to laugh, they really are good in that department, they go low, hit good. treble are nice too, mids are recessed some though but better than most. there is no way they sound cheap at all, don't trust all reviewers. oh imo they are much better than ipods. come on now, I think at this point a lot of tw buds are.
It wouldn't be the first time there are big differences with Samsung products.

Mar 25, 2019 at 8:44 AM Post #5,738 of 62,988
IMG_2560.JPG IMG_2561.JPG

Mar 25, 2019 at 9:07 AM Post #5,739 of 62,988
Just a quick word about the Sabbat X12 Pro. I have been using it most of the day, and have been enjoying it more and more.

I figured out what was wrong with the sound at first...the fit. The seal of the shell has to be done really well to maximize the bass response. I have to twist the shell a little and push on the top of the shell. They are really comfortable. They want to fall out when I eat stuff though. I tried different foams throughout the day, but it killed the clarity and imaging, and the comfort as well as the practicality as it became tricky to slip into the case. I am a little worried about the gunk, I used to have a one ear bluetooth piece that looked like this, and the grills became yellow and gunky in time. I might grab a silicone earpod cover at the dollar store tomorrow see if it does anything.

As far as sound quality, they remind me of the Yincrow X6 or the RY4S UE. Great for pop, rap, and general casual music, but missing a little realism for some instruments and more critical listening. It's really easy to listen to them for hours on end with their sound and comfort. I really want to see a new version with a QCC5000 series chip that uses NC and APTX HD. That might be the perfect TWE set for me.

Mar 25, 2019 at 9:28 AM Post #5,740 of 62,988
Wow!
I'm so surprised. These are fantastic at $27.
They are not expensive looking, and the charging case is a bit plasticy and a little bulky.
BUT they sound great, and the comfort is amazing (in my ears). Even with the default mounted silicon tips I get a good seal and amazing bass.
Edit: They sound a bit "narrow", so the stereo imaging and soundstage is not as good as the more expensive ones, but the mids are smooth, the highs are quite detailed (no hiss or sharp S'es like the E8 with silicon tips) and the bass is tight and punchy without being to overwhelming.
Edit 2: The BT connection is rock solid! When the E8 have dropouts several places in my apartment, I have NO dropouts with the QCY. (Thank you BT5.0)
I can confirm they support AAC and there are no SBC noise (guess they use BT between them, and not NFMI) on the left and crackle on the right (as the 10x more expensive MTW and E8 have)
I just have to say Wow again...
IMG_2566.JPG IMG_2565.JPG IMG_2564.JPG IMG_2563.JPG

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2019 at 9:46 AM Post #5,741 of 62,988
Just a quick word about the Sabbat X12 Pro. I have been using it most of the day, and have been enjoying it more and more.

I figured out what was wrong with the sound at first...the fit. The seal of the shell has to be done really well to maximize the bass response. I have to twist the shell a little and push on the top of the shell. They are really comfortable. They want to fall out when I eat stuff though. I tried different foams throughout the day, but it killed the clarity and imaging, and the comfort as well as the practicality as it became tricky to slip into the case. I am a little worried about the gunk, I used to have a one ear bluetooth piece that looked like this, and the grills became yellow and gunky in time. I might grab a silicone earpod cover at the dollar store tomorrow see if it does anything.

As far as sound quality, they remind me of the Yincrow X6 or the RY4S UE. Great for pop, rap, and general casual music, but missing a little realism for some instruments and more critical listening. It's really easy to listen to them for hours on end with their sound and comfort. I really want to see a new version with a QCC5000 series chip that uses NC and APTX HD. That might be the perfect TWE set for me.

Agreed and one more thing they are good at? Calls. The mic is one of the best I have had in a long time.

Mar 25, 2019 at 11:35 AM Post #5,743 of 62,988
Wow!
They are not expensive looking, and the charging case is a bit plasticy and a little bulky.
BUT they sound great, and the comfort is amazing (in my ears). Even with the default mounted silicon tips I get a good seal and amazing bass.
Edit: They sound a bit "narrow", so the stereo imaging and soundstage is not as good as the more expensive ones, but the mids are smooth, the highs are quite detailed (no hiss or sharp S'es like the E8 with silicon tips) and the bass is tight and punchy without being to overwhelming.
Edit 2: The BT connection is rock solid! When the E8 have dropouts several places in my apartment, I have NO dropouts with the QCY. (Thank you BT5.0)
I can confirm they support AAC and there are no SBC noise (guess they use BT between them, and not NFMI) on the left and crackle on the right (as the 10x more expensive MTW and E8 have)

Have you made any voice calls? Curious to know how well the mic works on these.

Mar 25, 2019 at 12:42 PM Post #5,745 of 62,988
Wow!
Great it still stands against much more expensive models! I knew the QCY would be rediciously good for the money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back