Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 16, 2019 at 11:12 AM Post #5,011 of 62,809
I have MTW for 3 weeks now and I didn't have any issues with auto shut off while in the case. If it's the FW bug, why I don't have it? Isn't it suppose to affect all units?

Feb 16, 2019 at 11:27 AM Post #5,012 of 62,809
Did they start it? I wouldn't mnd supporting them. What is there track recourd? I Wonder how much they might retail for. 1more during CES announced they're going run an Indiegogo campaign as well, and run for $150 and support the latest chip from Qualcomm.

Advanced makes good products and has a solid track record. I wouldn’t hesitate to back them personally. They are not some new start up.

Feb 16, 2019 at 11:28 AM Post #5,013 of 62,809
I have MTW for 3 weeks now and I didn't have any issues with auto shut off while in the case. If it's the FW bug, why I don't have it? Isn't it suppose to affect all units?
What if the battery in your case is dead? That’s where the problem lies. Then they don’t shut off and stay connected to your phone. Compounding matters is the fact that they battery in the case is smaller than most and the battery seems to drain in standby. I really like the MTW but for a company that size, they made some questionable choices. The auto shut off problem is a disaster. That just can’t happen.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2019 at 11:30 AM Post #5,014 of 62,809
I don’t have this problem either, but I use my pair almost daily. I think it becomes more of a problem for people who don’t use these frequently.

-Ed

Feb 16, 2019 at 11:47 AM Post #5,015 of 62,809
I don’t have this problem either, but I use my pair almost daily. I think it becomes more of a problem for people who don’t use these frequently.

-Ed
Yes. The battery in the case will drain in standby. So if you don’t use them the battery is dead in the case. Then the buds go back in the case but don’t turn off. Very annoying. Seems like firmware could add an auto shutoff after like 5 minutes so at least they turn off and disconnect.

Feb 16, 2019 at 11:47 AM Post #5,016 of 62,809
I guess, it's the case problem then. I hope they will fix it. Also, I hope they will add the shut off function for earphones themself to avoid the battery drainage while not in the case and not used.

Feb 16, 2019 at 2:54 PM Post #5,019 of 62,809
The RHA has AAC. Confirmed using a mac.
Interesting. I probably should have double checked if I had it set with signal quality over sound quality in BT settings. I may have to give them another try! Dagnabit.

Sound quality when toggling between SBC and AAC is quite noticeable. Overall transparency and imaging is superior. Well implemented SBC sounds grrreat in a vacuum, but once you compare it to AAC or beyond (all else being equal), there is a noticeable difference. Perhaps not for the typical consumer, but once you start getting into higher-end gear and better drivers, it makes a difference.

Feb 16, 2019 at 3:19 PM Post #5,020 of 62,809
Feb 16, 2019 at 3:33 PM Post #5,022 of 62,809
MTW update:

I had the dreaded "doesn't shut off bug" precisely once, but I noticed something. Plugging the case in immediately shut the buds down. It hasn't happened since (that I recall) but I did notice it when my phone was still connected to them despite being in the case.

Battery life is continuing to impress. My beloved MW07 would start giving me low battery alerts near the end of the workout even if I popped them in literally when I started, but today I was wearing them at home when I had a shake, went to the bathroom, drove to the gym and struggled to find a parking space, ended up a quarter mile away so I had to walk to the gym from there, did the workout, and got back to the car and was about at 20% with no warning hitting. Winner winner.

Feb 16, 2019 at 3:43 PM Post #5,023 of 62,809
...Battery life is continuing to impress. My beloved MW07 would start giving me low battery alerts near the end of the workout even if I popped them in literally when I started, but today I was wearing them at home when I had a shake, went to the bathroom, drove to the gym and struggled to find a parking space, ended up a quarter mile away so I had to walk to the gym from there, did the workout, and got back to the car and was about at 20% with no warning hitting. Winner winner.

That seems like a rather HUGE difference, not a small one, in battery life!

-Ed

Feb 16, 2019 at 4:35 PM Post #5,024 of 62,809
MTW update:

I had the dreaded "doesn't shut off bug" precisely once, but I noticed something. Plugging the case in immediately shut the buds down. It hasn't happened since (that I recall) but I did notice it when my phone was still connected to them despite being in the case.

Battery life is continuing to impress. My beloved MW07 would start giving me low battery alerts near the end of the workout even if I popped them in literally when I started, but today I was wearing them at home when I had a shake, went to the bathroom, drove to the gym and struggled to find a parking space, ended up a quarter mile away so I had to walk to the gym from there, did the workout, and got back to the car and was about at 20% with no warning hitting. Winner winner.
Did you have a chicken dinner? :L3000:

I wear when I get into the office and they last all the way to lunch, no sweat. Pop them in the case, grab some grub, then listen to them for the rest of the day. The MW07 never made it to lunch and the battery warning, which was just a fat bass drop, was just annoying after a while. Don't get me wrong, they sound fantastic, but at least a firmware update to remove the low-battery warning would be nice. I'd rather they just shut off. Although from what I read, a firmware update for the MW07 is not possible...

For an all purpose TWE, the MTW are at the top of the mountain, currently. The battery drain issue definitely is real if you don't plug in the case daily. During the work week, I don't have any issues, because once I'm back home, I plug them in. However, if I do not plug in over the weekend, by Monday, they are dead.

Feb 16, 2019 at 5:31 PM Post #5,025 of 62,809
how much better are MTW compared to Elite 65t?
and any new technology or updated models announced for flagship true wireless? should i wait longer?

i ve been commuting in trains a lot lately and not enjoying untangling wires through layers of jackets in winter. also my westone w30's cables are wearing out.
i want to try going wireless if it keeps up with sound quality

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back