Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 12, 2018 at 5:26 PM Post #826 of 62,810
Apple isn't even in the same area code as the Sony. All they have is their integration with iPhones.

Aug 12, 2018 at 9:34 PM Post #827 of 62,810
Are you guys using any digital audio players with your truewireless iem? I just picked up a sony nw a45 but haven't tried it with my truewireless stuff, I'm using it with my full size headphones right now vmoda wireless 2 and sony wh1000xm2, it sounds excellent.

Aug 12, 2018 at 9:44 PM Post #828 of 62,810
There's really no reason to. If it's going over bluetooth then your phone is the same as a DAP.

Aug 12, 2018 at 9:58 PM Post #829 of 62,810
Are you guys using any digital audio players with your truewireless iem? I just picked up a sony nw a45 but haven't tried it with my truewireless stuff, I'm using it with my full size headphones right now vmoda wireless 2 and sony wh1000xm2, it sounds excellent.
I've been considering getting the Fiio Q5 which has BT and is upgradeable to newer versions of BT when the time comes.
And I can use it with my CIEMs.

Aug 13, 2018 at 1:51 PM Post #830 of 62,810
I like my Beosound E8 but on pure sq it is not even close to my Jays qJays V2
thanks a lot..i guess i ll stick with my westones till eternity.

i am planning to buy as a gift for my brother..are those with cable loop better or the individual airpod styles?

i feel cable loop must have some wiring in them and give more stable output?

shortlisted anker zolo liberty: https://www.amazon.com/Total-Wirele...keywords=Anker+Zolo+Liberty+Bluetooth+Earbuds

and anker soundbuds slim+: https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Headph...id=1534181561&sr=8-2&keywords=anker+soundbuds

the ones with no cable loop seem to have more customer complaints in general but he likes that style more.

Aug 13, 2018 at 1:57 PM Post #831 of 62,810
thanks a lot..i guess i ll stick with my westones till eternity.

i am planning to buy as a gift for my brother..are those with cable loop better or the individual airpod styles?

i feel cable loop must have some wiring in them and give more stable output?

shortlisted anker zolo liberty: https://www.amazon.com/Total-Wirele...keywords=Anker+Zolo+Liberty+Bluetooth+Earbuds

and anker soundbuds slim+: https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Headph...id=1534181561&sr=8-2&keywords=anker+soundbuds

the ones with no cable loop seem to have more customer complaints in general but he likes that style more.

For me the whole point is to go totally wireless but I expext that the ones with a connecting wire and a dongle could have better connection stability abd possibly longer battery life

Aug 13, 2018 at 2:00 PM Post #832 of 62,810
For me the whole point is to go totally wireless but I expext that the ones with a connecting wire and a dongle could have better connection stability abd possibly longer battery life
i think he was keen on totally wireless also as a volume control dangling is annoying for some

he needs for commute and jogging so i guess wired would be annoying and defeats the purpose of no wires..simply a cost factor u think?

also i think lot of these cheaper wireless earphones can only connect to 1 device at a time?

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2018 at 2:17 PM Post #833 of 62,810
i think he was keen on totally wireless also as a volume control dangling is annoying for some

he needs for commute and jogging so i guess wired would be annoying and defeats the purpose of no wires..simply a cost factor u think?

also i think lot of these cheaper wireless earphones can only connect to 1 device at a time?

I have only evert tried the Beosound E8 of the true wireless and none of the wire loop ones so can’t comment

Aug 13, 2018 at 3:24 PM Post #834 of 62,810
I have only evert tried the Beosound E8 of the true wireless and none of the wire loop ones so can’t comment
thanks..one last question...is audio lag when watching video a common issue with truly wireless earphones?
do u ever feel it on beosound when watching youtube?

Aug 13, 2018 at 3:33 PM Post #835 of 62,810
thanks..one last question...is audio lag when watching video a common issue with truly wireless earphones?
do u ever feel it on beosound when watching youtube?

Video lag appears to vary greatly between models. I rarely watch videos but have not noticed lag with the E8 with iTunes movies or YouTube on my iPhone8

Aug 15, 2018 at 5:26 PM Post #837 of 62,810
Hi. I'm reading this thread since a moment...
I was not ready to try "true wireles" headphone at the first time, but I ended up backing the EOZ Air project : https://www.kickstarter.com/project...st-advanced-true-wireless-earphon/description

After some delays and some improvments (they claim up to 6 hours for a single charge and 90 hours with the charging case...), it seems that the shipping is near. Hope to be able to give a feedback soon !

Aug 15, 2018 at 5:58 PM Post #838 of 62,810
Hi. I'm reading this thread since a moment...
I was not ready to try "true wireles" headphone at the first time, but I ended up backing the EOZ Air project : https://www.kickstarter.com/project...st-advanced-true-wireless-earphon/description

After some delays and some improvements (they claim up to 6 hours for a single charge and 90 hours with the charging case...), it seems that the shipping is near. Hope to be able to give a feedback soon !
Interesting, thanks for the information! But they need to make their page more up to date reflecting longer charge claim. And also bragging BT5 comparing to the old Jabra Elite Sport is misleading and not very honest. Newer Elite 65t also uses BT5. In one year that 65t is being sold EOZ could've updated their comparison table. I also doubt that "instant pairing" is really instant (you still need to choose source in your device BT menu to pair for the first time). There are other questions: What controls they have on the earbuds themselves (especially volume)? Can it pair and remember more that one source device? Is there an App to EQ the things? They seem to not disclose lot of things.

Aug 17, 2018 at 10:31 AM Post #839 of 62,810
anyone running there true wireless with a dap? I am using a sony aw a45 with my Jabra 65t active, it actually doesn't sound that great, my note 8 sounds better, lol,. I noticed that when changing the the eq on the a45 has no affect on sound. might be a setting gonna play with it some more.

Aug 17, 2018 at 10:53 AM Post #840 of 62,810
anyone running there true wireless with a dap? I am using a sony aw a45 with my Jabra 65t active, it actually doesn't sound that great, my note 8 sounds better, lol,. I noticed that when changing the the eq on the a45 has no affect on sound. might be a setting gonna play with it some more.
Man, it's all digital. Your source device only matters in terms of supported codec. DA conversion happens inside your Jabras, not on source. If you want to EQ Jabras use their app.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back