Going a step higher.
Feb 6, 2009 at 2:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Yasuo

New Head-Fier
Hi guys,

I'm new here. Have being trying to upgrade my earphones since I got my iTouch recently and not really satisfied with my current offering which is CrossRoads Bijou 3.

To be short, the sound is great but I'm having problems with the sealing and the left housing just broke off recently(The glue seems to be gone) causing sound leaks even after I tried sealing it up.

Have looked and tried UM2, but have been hearing rave reviews about Live Wires, which the pricing is good...

I know it's comparing apples and oranges here but I would really like to know which is better in terms of sound quality, not comfort as custom would trump the UM2.

Anyone can give me any idea for it?

Edit: On a note, I listened to quite a wide genres of music, rock, house, indie, chinese, metal, death metal, pop, alternatives, new age... etc. So in terms of this wide of genres, which would fit better as a earphone for me?

Thanks.
frown.gif

Feb 6, 2009 at 3:41 PM Post #2 of 4
I have the UM2 and would recomend them to anyone. Never tried the Live Wires, but unless you find a rep with a unviversal version you'll have to go by second hand opinions or roll the dice and buy them with no option to sell them if you don't like them. They do have a 30 day “Love it or Refund it” Policy (United States Only) policy which is nice but you can also go custom with the UM2 Custom Fit Earpieces for Universal Fit Earphones | Personal Listening :: Westone

Feb 7, 2009 at 7:32 AM Post #3 of 4
The custom fit for UM2 I understand is a earpiece which can be attached to others Westone products too, that is on a future note for me
ksc75smile.gif

However, if the sound quality of Live Wires are much better, then UM2 would be out of list....

Feb 7, 2009 at 8:02 AM Post #4 of 4
Not sure whether it is still true now, but I have read some horror story on LiveWires' waiting list... You might want to contact them about waiting time first before ordering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back