god i hate battlefield 3
May 27, 2012 at 5:40 PM Post #318 of 345
Game disconnected: you have been banned from this server. Stated reason: too many warnings: fakecmd..I was team killed at the base three times waiting for the chopper and i typed in !punish to get him back and got a warning each time and then got banned and once again deleted the server!

Jun 1, 2012 at 7:35 PM Post #319 of 345
MIAClan.net Armor and Air Addiction!• Another server were they kick you for nothing just because they are on admin and they can..Another server deleted before they had the chance to kick me!

Jun 2, 2012 at 6:45 AM Post #320 of 345
Ticks me off too - admin abuse is a massive pain - I mentioned wolfpack of Australia who seem to kick/ban almost every time I join their server.  Massive nubcakes too - they all stack one team and just get pummeled by random pub ppls.  I would avoid the server but one of my mates likes to play on it - probably because of all the nub fodder.

I think at this point BF3 is a decent enough game just by far the biggest problem is the way people play it.  Join any pub at random and chances are the teams will be heavily skill stacked.  Autoteam is pretty ineffective also - the reasons teams are inbalanced is because one team is RQ because they are getting pummeled.  Even if autoteam swapped the best player over IMO it's not the number of good players that makes or breaks a game - but the number of noobs also.  In the end the game experience is entirely dependent on the character of the people playing (or on admin) which is a shame as FPS gaming culture seems to consist mostly of antisocial people behaving in completely antisocial ways.

Jun 5, 2012 at 12:00 PM Post #322 of 345
Well you know what half the problem is - its the new "premium content" package which gives purchasers queue priority and  other vulgar perks.  I actually thought when this new patch came out "wow this is really great support from EA, but then I find out the ulterior motive is to push the premium package.  As much as I find the whole thing horrid I still bought the package as the price was right, I just hope the extra content is worth compromising my integrity.

Jun 5, 2012 at 12:13 PM Post #323 of 345
Quote:
Well you know what half the problem is - its the new "premium content" package which gives purchasers queue priority and  other vulgar perks.  I actually thought when this new patch came out "wow this is really great support from EA, but then I find out the ulterior motive is to push the premium package.  As much as I find the whole thing horrid I still bought the package as the price was right, I just hope the extra content is worth compromising my integrity.

Can you buy premium over the counter because i don't want to put my bank details in the pc just incase someone gets into my account! But saying that if i can't get on in the next month i am going to delete the game and go back to consoles for gaming pcs are too hit and miss! p.s There are people on my friends lists who are having the same problem and we have tried to repair the patch in origin but still the same crap! I have been back on again and stayed on for a couple of hours the aa seems to have been put back to the way it was two patches back it's so easy to take the choppers down again...There was a hacker on who killed everyone with his stinger so we all typed in !kick and got rid of him! Only lets me on when it want's to now! I haven't been able to get back on again now for about 4 days,i have repaired the patch but no joy,dice/ea are no help whatsoever!

Jun 11, 2012 at 12:12 AM Post #325 of 345
Quote:
Honestly I dislike the game play of BF3. It feels really slow to me.

Between suppression, big vehicle maps and the new bipod balancing DICE seem to want BF3 to be slow, or at least fairly static.  Suppression and bipod irritate me the most - camping already has it's benefits, why provide tools to make it more effective.  DICE have these grand ideas of "encourageing squadplay" which translates to "newtering rambo."  I don't like this.  I like rambo.
biggrin.gif

Jun 11, 2012 at 3:46 PM Post #326 of 345
In that case, why not try on an older Battlefield game for size? Hell, Battlefield: Vietnam had an M60/LAW kit at one point that everybody called the "Rambo kit", which was eventually nerfed to M60/M72. Still, that's trading a rocket launcher for a grenade launcher. Not a big loss in the grand scheme of things (unless you have to fight off vehicles).

Then again, perhaps some classic Unreal Tournament or Tribes would be more your speed.

Jun 11, 2012 at 4:15 PM Post #327 of 345
If you're looking for fast-paced gameplay in BF3, you're gonna have a bad time.

Check out Tribes: Ascend if you want fast-paced, balanced play. The learning curve is tough, but it's pure bliss once you get into it.

Jun 13, 2012 at 9:17 PM Post #328 of 345
For anyone wondering, Close Quarters is basically EA's answer to Call of Duty. Uh, that's a bad thing.

Personally, 90% of the games I played were on 24/7 Metro servers. Great map! Close Quarters is NOTHING like Metro.

Few facts. Max players per map is 16. Spawn points are random, like in team deathmatch. Luck is HUGE now, skill not so much.

Overall, I think it's still kinda fun because of how different it is. But my KD has been plummeting beyond all reason.

Jun 13, 2012 at 11:36 PM Post #329 of 345
I'm not such a fan - spawn points are terrible, framerate is awful, and hitreg is still bizarre.  The maps are OK if you want to play with shotguns or smg's, but given the hitreg I find yo either shoot first or shoot blanks, and given the framerate enemies just warp around.  The general shooting method seems to be to strafe around and spam from the hip, making the most of the terrible hit registration.  Although I can now actually hear footsteps, I still have no cues as to how far away they are, and sounds carry from floors above and below adding to the confusion. Overall I think it is quite noob freindly as the non-pump action shotguns are quite effective and in a lot of the maps cover and aim are not so important to success.  I find on several maps what almost always happens, I shoot the first guy, then the guy behind him shoots me in the split second while I shift my aim.  In bigger maps this occurs less often as you can use cover and spacing between enemies is usually larger.  As you say my KDR is lower than usual because of these factors.  I think a couple of the maps are good, but 9 to 5 and that penthouse one are horrible, others are OK, but the biggest problem is the hitreg and low framerate, and this is the main reason CQ fails against COD.

The gun game is kind of fun though
biggrin.gif

Jun 14, 2012 at 7:19 PM Post #330 of 345
Yeah, but I'm quite certain I'd still take close quarters over any COD because I like BF mechanics. Bottom line, I just don't like random spawning, no teamwork, and small maps.

Too bad it wasn't more like Metro, where you have team vs team, rather than player vs player vs player vs player vs player etc. Still a pretty fun way to waste some time though.

See, my KD was 5.80 before I started close quarters. Now? Well let's just say in only 1 day, it went down to like a 5.55 or something. Not that that matters, but it's frustrating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back