Go-Betweens
Jan 7, 2003 at 10:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

zikarus

Headphoneus Supremus
To whom it may concern: A new Go-Betweens CD will be released soon (in Europe Feb. 3rd): "Bright orange, bright yellow"

Apr 5, 2003 at 3:55 AM Post #3 of 5
zikarus, I dig your avatar.
wink.gif

Love the Go-Betweens. They are re-releasing all their earlier albums with a bonus disc of additional songs. IMO, their best record is 16 Lovers Lane. I thought Rachel Worth was good, but a sort of tentative step back into the public eye. Looking forward to the new one.

Saw them live a couple years ago. Forster is really good live, his songs really stood out.

Mark

Apr 5, 2003 at 4:58 PM Post #4 of 5
16 Lovers Lane is great. However, my favorite from their old stuff is Tallulah. I have all of the re-released stuff. It is worth it to get, there is some good stuff on the bonus disks. My favorite album overall is the new one "Bright Orange Bright Yellow". I still need to get "Friends of Rachel Worth".

Apr 5, 2003 at 5:47 PM Post #5 of 5
Nice to see there are some more friends of the GoBe´s out there!

They are a very special band to me, since I began collecting independent music CD´s after my first listen to "Liberty Belle..."
This record is of course still my favourite one. Spring Hill Fair nevertheless seems to be preferred by most other GoBe´s fans. I´d call it my number three, having Rachel Worth on second place.

The new reissues of their first four albums are fantastic imo too. Most of all I like the remaster quality which is much better than that of the Beggars Banquet issue.

@markl

I admit to have seen your avatar before I choose mine :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back