Girlfriend trashed my discman and bought me a 64gig Itouch for xmas. My current set up are Sennheiser HD555 openears and a portable headphone amp
Dec 28, 2010 at 1:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

dirkmcgirk

New Head-Fier
Because I walk to work now I hear too much outside noise and am looking to get some good over the ear monitors to keep the sound isolated, not specifically noise canceling headphone. I hate distortion but I like to listen to my music louder than avg. The typical genres i keep in my rotation are hip hop and classic rock. Can folks recommend good cans for 150-200 that work will with an itouch. Please consider I am willing to upgrade my portable headphone amp if needed. TYIA

this my current amp

http://cgi.ebay.com/Portable-mini-headphone-amplifier-LM6171-fits-ipod-Zune-/270561410819?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3efeb77f03

Dec 28, 2010 at 8:22 PM Post #5 of 8
The new iPod touch is a pretty powerful player. If you weren't looking for noise isolation I'd recommend a Grado; it sounds really nice with grados. As it is, in ears offer the best isolation especially on the cheap, but closed back sennheisers are good too. The link recommended above is also a good place to look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back