Girl gets detention for hugging?
Nov 8, 2007 at 4:33 AM Post #31 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by 450 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15316912/

'Tag' is banned. What the ****?!

Dodge ball is also banned in a lot of elementary schools and middle schools, even some high schools. I'm also biting my tongue here, the education system ...

Nov 8, 2007 at 4:39 AM Post #32 of 43
I love the text of the rule about affection displaying 'poor taste and poor judgment'; I wonder what a psychologist would have to say about messages like that... how are kids supposed to develop socially if they can't engage in normal human behaviour, and worse yet, are being told said normal behaviour is immoral?

Nov 8, 2007 at 4:45 AM Post #34 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's a little more info.

Sounds like a nice, progressive, interested in doing his job well, kinda guy.

Most strangely check out this quote (three paragraphs from the end).
tongue.gif

Sure inspires confidence in our education system! At least the little ^#$% are learning!

As for the hugging thing, you gotta be kidding me. If they really want to go too far with "public display of affection" they could even forbid people waving at one another or saying anything pleasant to anyone. After all, that could be considered showing some sort of affection for someone, even in just a purely social sense. Really, I'd rather kids be hugging each other than hitting each other and stuff like this makes no sense at all. Reading about this stuff makes me glad I grew up when I did since I seemed to catch the public school system before all common sense was educated out of it.

Nov 8, 2007 at 11:11 AM Post #35 of 43
Kids are going to grow up with a twisted sense of what is right or wrong, with this kind of Nazi b.s.!

Nov 8, 2007 at 12:37 PM Post #36 of 43
The problem isn't hugging.

Some people naturally hug each other as a greeting, whatever.

However, some kids actually bully each other by being 'in your face' and they do tricks like that to intimidate and when challenged by a teacher (who has no real power any longer) they claim to be just hugging each other and they're just being friendly etc.

In order to stop the ensuing ***** that the kids come out with as an excuse, the schools are banning it so there is no argument.

I sometimes try to teach kids how to play an instrument and believe me, they are capable of some very strange behaviour, followed by strings of complaints and excuses and allegations thrown at the teacher. Some kids are not very nice and so institutions have to try to protect their teachers.

Ian

Nov 8, 2007 at 1:54 PM Post #37 of 43
I'd have something to say here, but my emotions have been diluted into perfect neutrality. My opposite-sex partner and I find harmony in our relationship through regular hand shaking and a strict regimen of violent television. Our professional careers have been blissfully stagnant and devoid of risk taking or pleasure-filth. We have carved a perfect little rut for any future children, once a suitably non-offensive method of sperm and ova extraction has been perfected for test-tube pregnancy. Current methods are filthy and immoral at best.

Nov 8, 2007 at 2:22 PM Post #38 of 43
Bloody huggers, lock em all up I say!!!

Going around hugging people without spending a even a moment thinking about the damage and suffering they are causing...

Nov 8, 2007 at 2:51 PM Post #39 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why do you think it's about her?

Maybe with the national attention, this school district will get some common sense! I just saw this story on the Today show. They had the Coulters on as well as another girl and her mom. The other girl had it even worst where she got detention after giving a condolence hug to one of her friends that just lost a parent
eek.gif
I'm speechless as to this no tolerance rule.....do they have this rule instead of a hand holding or kissing rule? I'd hate to see how some of the sheltered kids are going to turn out from that crazy mess. Some probably won't be able to stand it, and actually crave sex right after school.....instead of getting just a plain friendly, and public hug in school. Teen pregnancy rates might be starting to climb already there
icon10.gif

Nov 8, 2007 at 3:15 PM Post #40 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendaleViper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd have something to say here, but my emotions have been diluted into perfect neutrality...

nothing so ridiculously teenage and desperate,
nothing so childish - at a better pace,
slower and more calculated,
no chance of escape,
now self-employed,
concerned (but powerless),
an empowered and informed member of society
(pragmatism not idealism),
will not cry in public,
less chance of illness,
tires that grip in the wet
(shot of baby strapped in back seat),
a good memory,
still cries at a good film,
still kisses with saliva,
no longer empty and frantic
like a cat
tied to a stick,
that's driven into
frozen winter ****
(the ability to laugh at weakness),
calm,
fitter,
healthier and more productive
a pig
in a cage
on antibiotics.

Nov 8, 2007 at 3:43 PM Post #41 of 43
It's all Elmo's fault. The whole "tickle me" phenomenon has turned our kids into hugging, tickling fiends!
blink.gif

This just in...Kid suspended because his paper covered her rock.
eek.gif

Nov 8, 2007 at 9:56 PM Post #42 of 43
Oh man, my entire school would be expelled within a day or so. I happen to go to just about the most affectionate school ever. Nothing more than hugging, but oh my god, hugs. Hugs. Everywhere.

Nov 8, 2007 at 10:21 PM Post #43 of 43
Hahahahahahaha... Haha.

That is so amazingly stupid, taking away social interaction.

I walk my girlfriend to classes, and kiss her goodbye throughout the school day. I find nothing wrong with it, and no one else frowns upon it. I thought it was normal to show affection for someone. Obviously not.

If that was me, I... I cannot say.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back