Ghentaudio Cables - Impressions & Opinions. (First impressions & pictures in!)
Apr 19, 2016 at 9:58 PM Post #121 of 198
After reviewing this thread and having become increasingly annoyed at the 1.5' length of the cheap Monoprice #5546 22AWG RCA interconnects, I placed an order for GhentAudio's 7" A02 Choseal 4N-OFC RCA Cable for use between my Schiit Modi2 and Schiit Vali.    Looking forward to a more tidy quality setup
biggrin.gif

Apr 20, 2016 at 12:52 AM Post #122 of 198
After reviewing this thread and having become increasingly annoyed at the 1.5' length of the cheap Monoprice #5546 22AWG RCA interconnects, I placed an order for GhentAudio's 7" A02 Choseal 4N-OFC RCA Cable for use between my Schiit Modi2 and Schiit Vali.    Looking forward to a more tidy quality setup :D

They're great cables, especially visually appealing, the sheathing and build. Great products. I just ventured into portable completely and have no need for desktop cables these days.

May 2, 2016 at 5:38 PM Post #123 of 198

After reviewing this thread and having become increasingly annoyed at the 1.5' length of the cheap Monoprice #5546 22AWG RCA interconnects, I placed an order for GhentAudio's 7" A02 Choseal 4N-OFC RCA Cable for use between my Schiit Modi2 and Schiit Vali.    Looking forward to a more tidy quality setup
biggrin.gif

They're great cables, especially visually appealing, the sheathing and build. Great products. I just ventured into portable completely and have no need for desktop cables these days.

It arrived today.  Very nice quality 
bigsmile_face.gif

May 3, 2016 at 3:35 PM Post #125 of 198

It arrived today.  Very nice quality 
bigsmile_face.gif

Great! Really pleased it worked out for you. 
smile.gif

H2OFidelity,

Decided it would be appropriate to share a picture as all the ones I've seen are for the Canare L-4E6S versions and not the Choseal 4N-OFC I opted for (model A02 0.18m / 7" with Pailiccs plugs).

May 3, 2016 at 9:01 PM Post #126 of 198

H2OFidelity,

Decided it would be appropriate to share a picture as all the ones I've seen are for the Canare L-4E6S versions and not the Choseal 4N-OFC I opted for (model A02 0.18m / 7" with Pailiccs plugs).

Good one mate! 

I'll add it to the original post with some of the others members photos!

May 13, 2016 at 11:41 PM Post #127 of 198
picked up a couple more cables..  1 meter coaxial spdif with locking connectors and a pair of 1 meter xlr to rca cables.  so I can use the xlr outputs on my dac for a second amp which is rca input only.

Jul 26, 2016 at 10:39 PM Post #129 of 198
  Hi all,

I recently bought a pair of rca interconnects from ghentaudio, how long did it take for you guys to receive cables from them? I live in the UK btw.

Cheers,

I ordered through ebay and it did take about two weeks (California), but the package was sent back to them for some reason before leaving the country so I am thinking that it regularly doesn't take that long.  

Aug 5, 2016 at 4:01 PM Post #130 of 198
Just got mine today finally, took 9 days to make it here according to the tracking site.  Very nice solid feel to them, and the perfect length for my new Modi Multibit/Magni2Uber stack.  Not sure if I want to throw the modi on top now though(rubber feet would provide ventilation space for the holes), as the magni is covering that nice M logo on top...and the magni doesn't get nearly as warm as I had expected it might(or at least the top of it doesn't).

No worries, I removed that hair that apparently wanted to be plugged into the 6.3mm jack as well.
redface.gif

Aug 29, 2016 at 5:32 AM Post #132 of 198
  Are the 7 inch cables long enough to connect a ModiMB and a Vali 2 sitting side by side? (Not one on top of the other)

No, my picture above is ModiMB/magni stack, and there's just enough to make it between the 2 and not have too harsh of a bend.  The cable length is based on end of connector to end of connector.  If I'm not mistaken the pyst cables are long enough to do so, so if you figure out how long those are, it should be good enough.  ZReviews on youtube did a M&M video in which I'm pretty sure he's using the pyst cables with them side by side.

Sep 15, 2016 at 4:13 PM Post #133 of 198
I just got my 7" cables for my Modi2U/Magni2 stack and they're perfect.
I was surprised at the weight, these feel very solid and I don't believe that cables really affect the sound quality as long you you get half decent ones, unlike like those who buy 500$ cables, but I could swear that it sounds a little better now than with my monoprice premium cables. I'm going to attribute it to something psychological for now, maybe new toy syndrome or something. But there's something there...

Sep 16, 2016 at 11:52 PM Post #134 of 198
Has anyone purchased ghentaudio's speaker cabling?  Do you think it is worth the price for their Canare 4S12F 4x13AWG ($42 USD for 1.5m).  Is there a big difference between the top Canare and the Choseal 4N-OFC 4x14AWG offering?  

Though I been a lifelong music lover, I have not dabbled in speaker wire for some time (last ordered Blue Jean speaker wire spool ~8 years ago...I think BJC 10 White).  I picked up the Canare L-4E6S RCA for my floating record, and have been happy with the build quality, so figured I might go back for more.  Any experiences?

Sep 27, 2016 at 8:26 PM Post #135 of 198
biggrin.gif

Same boat here . I bought some Monoprice cables, hdmi = ok, however their rca interconnects cables was a really big disappointment. Not sound wise, because I never got that far with them. Really poor quality. I don't understand how people can recommend these as they are just maybe a step up from the free cables you get with some audio/video products. Going to give these a Ghent Audio a try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back