Getting into the desktop amp/dac game
Sep 17, 2015 at 2:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ErikV55

100+ Head-Fier
Hey all. 

Quick run down. I want to use my ciem's on my desktop and have plans to pick up a set of open back cans in the future. 

I have $200 to spend at this time. I've narrowed it down to a few options but if you know of something that is similar in the same price range, please let me know.

Fiio E10k (possibly purchase a stand alone amp in the future for other cans.)

Arcam Rpac

Magni 2 (non uber) now and use my mobo dac until I can afford to get a stand alone dac to accompany it. 

I'm looking to pull the trigger next week (a lot of amazon gift cards coming in) any help is much appreciated! 

Sep 17, 2015 at 3:29 PM Post #2 of 4
I don't know about the Arcam Rpac, but the Magni 2 is definitely a better headphone amp than in the E10K. If you can get the Magni 2 now and then add the Modi 2 later, I'd say definitely go for that. :)

Sep 17, 2015 at 3:31 PM Post #3 of 4
I don't know about the Arcam Rpac, but the Magni 2 is definitely a better headphone amp than in the E10K. If you can get the Magni 2 now and then add the Modi 2 later, I'd say definitely go for that.
smily_headphones1.gif

Awesome, I was leaning towards that as well. Thank you. Also, LOL @ that amazon comment in your signature.

Sep 17, 2015 at 3:48 PM Post #4 of 4
Did you see the other comment I added in reply over in the discussion at Amazon? The XPT100 are teenager approved for the same reason :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back