Get me excited
Jun 15, 2009 at 8:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Germancub

500+ Head-Fier
So i'm taking a two month trip to Germany and Austria soon and wanted something to listen to on the plane plus in noisy environments once I get back and placed an order for a pair of AKG K271 MKII's from B&H, got them for only 159 shipped as they price matched amazon for me. I have been reading so much about these and they sound perfect to me, AKG sound with a closed can plus replaceable wires and pads that come with it. Just wanted to let you all know and wanted your (up to date) input on the K271 MKII's since people seem to have had more input on the K271S.
smile.gif

Jun 15, 2009 at 10:32 PM Post #2 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Germancub /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So i'm taking a two month trip to Germany and Austria soon and wanted something to listen to on the plane plus in noisy environments once I get back and placed an order for a pair of AKG K271 MKII's from B&H, got them for only 159 shipped as they price matched amazon for me. I have been reading so much about these and they sound perfect to me, AKG sound with a closed can plus replaceable wires and pads that come with it. Just wanted to let you all know and wanted your (up to date) input on the K271 MKII's since people seem to have had more input on the K271S.
smile.gif

Is the MKII just the next revision of the 271S, or is it a completely new headphone ? The reviews that I have read all start with 'continues the fine tradition of the K271S', but I remain as confused as ever ....

Jun 15, 2009 at 10:40 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by estreeter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is the MKII just the next revision of the 271S, or is it a completely new headphone ? The reviews that I have read all start with 'continues the fine tradition of the K271S', but I remain as confused as ever ....

It's the same headphone just a different color cups fwir.

Jun 16, 2009 at 1:57 AM Post #5 of 8
See? Im not sure either, but from what Ive read it is indeed improved... hence the reason why I wanted input. As for German Maestros, honestly I have heard a pair and its not my type of sound, very nice though! I am an AKG guy through and through.

Jun 16, 2009 at 2:21 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

See? Im not sure either, but from what Ive read it is indeed improved... hence the reason why I wanted input. As for German Maestros, honestly I have heard a pair and its not my type of sound, very nice though! I am an AKG guy through and through.

Out of curiosity, which model do you heard?

Jun 16, 2009 at 2:51 AM Post #7 of 8
They had the real crazy accordion looking headband... i believe they were the 8.35s now that Ive looked it up. I did like them but another problem I encountered with them was that my ears simply dont fit well into the earcups.

Jun 16, 2009 at 10:43 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

smile.gif

They have a good bit of "microphonics" (not real microphonics), so don't move much
smily_headphones1.gif
. Also, swap pads immediately. The pleather ones are just wrong.

While light in bass quantity no matter what, the bass quality is night and day with even the amping I've been able to give it [size=xx-small](I am not proposing transistors with no feedback on breadboard, but it sure didn't sound bad!)[/size]. I'd imagine any three channel amp with some decent power output will probably do right by them.

k701smile.gif
(in midnight blue)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back