German MAESTRO - Impressions Thread
Mar 1, 2013 at 2:32 PM Post #31 of 266
Hey guys it is me again.

Thomas repaired my headphone, the cable and the headband. Instead of cutting the problematic part of the cable he used a new one. Also he mentioned that, he is very sorry about it and first time he saw such a manufacturing mistake. All the repairing was done under warranty I didn't pay anything.

Another thing is, I ordered a new pair of ear pads from him (41-6050). But he didn't ask any money from them. He said he will not charge it as an apology to the problems I had with the headphone. He already installed the pads on the headphone too and put the stock ones in the box.

One more time, Thomas is a great guy. All and all they got a loyal customer, me. In future I am gonna buy an open back headphone to use at home and it will be GMP 400 from German-MAESTRO again. Many brands can make nice headphones, quality headphones. But giving a wonderful customer service is the thing makes them special.

I am really happy that I bought these cans from them. The best sound is something varies. What is good for me can be horrible for another person. So I don't say they are the best sounding headphones but for my taste they are really wonderful and very hard to beat.

I really think these guys should be known better. They really produce nice things and they respect their customers, help them, they do their best. In my case, I am glad I have these cans and I can suggest them to every music lover.

As Acix says, German-MAESTRO Serious About Audio, Very Serious Indeed...

Mar 2, 2013 at 3:43 AM Post #32 of 266
Have a GM 8.35D.

It's the reason why i started enjoying my music more.

Despite moving on to other headphones, the GM 8.35D still reminds me why i'm in this hobby.
happy_face1.gif

Mar 11, 2013 at 2:35 PM Post #33 of 266
Quote:
Have a GM 8.35D.

It's the reason why i started enjoying my music more.

Despite moving on to other headphones, the GM 8.35D still reminds me why i'm in this hobby.
happy_face1.gif

Hello

Can you say what are these others headphones and how you find them compared to the 8.35D ?

Thanks in adavnce

May 25, 2013 at 1:41 PM Post #36 of 266
[size=small]German Maestro 8.35 D monitor headphones. [/size]
[size=small]-perfect for studio use great for listening,[/size]
Man I just got this headphone yesterday. and I am loving it. I think people are sleeping on these things. I even like the cable that some are complaining about. They to me seem a little bright but full at the same time and the bass is pretty good. I boosted the bass with the fiio e11 and the bass boost with these headphones make them bass monsters without messing with other things in the sound unlike other headphones. They look pretty good on a rugged looking guy like me i might say.

My wife loves the sound of them as well. 

I have this song I always use to test the bass extension and though I wouldn't call these basshead cans they definetly passed the test because I could hear that very low note that other headphones didnt do right. Where as the Custom one pros reach down into the sea of lows and pull up mud these reach down and pull out the treasure. 

So I am pleased. 

Only thing I dont like is I can't even hear the phone ring lol. But thats a good thing I guess. 

This is an appreciation thread and I am showing appreciation. I havent tried many closed headphones but I will put them in this order of personal favorite to least favorite 

(favorite) German maestro 8.35 d > pioneer hdj 2000 = fidelio l1> sony vdj700> dt 770 > aiaiai tma1 > sony v6 > beats studio > pioneer hd hdj 500 > beyerdynamic custom one pro (least favorite)

May 25, 2013 at 2:10 PM Post #37 of 266
I have the GMP8.300 and I love them. The midrange did have some issues at first--sounded like a cup over my ear. I took the driver out and stuffed some cotton balls into the housing(I think 2 in each). That took away the cup sound and even depended the bass a little. The difference is measurable but not audible as far as bass extension goes. The measurements I've seen online don't have a bass boost (IOW the bass response is flat), but mine have a 5 dB boost from 300Hz down to about 30Hz(20Hz now after the mod). At seems to be what I've seen from the 8.35D measurements. The 1-3kHz range is still a little loud for my liking by about 2-3dB, but that's easy enough to fix and certainly not irritating on most recordings.

I wish they would have had the 8.35D with the 1.2 meter straight cable when I bought mine! I do not like coiled cords at all and the 35Ohm version should get louder on a portable. The rugged built makes them pretty nice for traveling even if they aren't very compact.

May 28, 2013 at 7:08 PM Post #39 of 266
The GMP400 is actually my favorite model. Several headphones use a tech of an older age than it and that cardio attic suspension makes for great comfort. I actually removed the damping material out of the housing to increase the spaciousness. The resulting FR is in the same vein as the Mad Dog or some Stax mobels. The impulse shows very little ringing even without it. I'm sure ill still tweak it further.

The impulse response of the 8.3X series does show the internal reflections I heard prior to dampening. That means there is some room for easy and cheap improvement! I want to tweak this guy into better performance yet. I'm going to work on It over the next few weeks. To me though the balance of it all is very good right off the bat. The little bit of bass boost actually makes thing sound more balanced to me.

Jul 21, 2013 at 8:36 PM Post #40 of 266
I recently sold my bmp 8.35 d's  to get an amp but followed through with repurchasing them because they are that good. 

My question is how hard it would be to disassemble and reassemble them because I wanted to custom pain the outside of the cups?

From what I remember they didn't seem to have a lot of extra parts.

Also has anyone heard them with the alpha pads?

Jul 22, 2013 at 5:17 AM Post #41 of 266
Jul 24, 2013 at 11:50 PM Post #43 of 266
Just bought NOS mb quart qp220 from sonic electronix and am enjoying it. good built-quality, comfortable due to the special suspension. Soundwise, a little on the bright side but the bass has much quality and fast response. people say it is good for classical music, while i listen mostly to indie rock, alternative, electronic, pop, classic rock and i think the it is a pretty neutral phone with good imaging and sound stage. i can listen to music with it for hours, relaxed sound.
The only concern for you perhaps is that it is not easy to drive. With 100ohm of impedance and 90 db of sensitivity makes it even harder to drive than DT880 pro 250ohm, but schiit magni can serve it well so it is no problem for me.
If you like the sound signature of beyerdynamic dt880, MB quart (german maestro)would be also the one for you. under $60, it is really a good bang for the buck.

Jul 25, 2013 at 3:58 AM Post #44 of 266
Quote:
Just bought NOS mb quart qp220 from sonic electronix and am enjoying it. good built-quality, comfortable due to the special suspension. Soundwise, a little on the bright side but the bass has much quality and fast response. people say it is good for classical music, while i listen mostly to indie rock, alternative, electronic, pop, classic rock and i think the it is a pretty neutral phone with good imaging and sound stage. i can listen to music with it for hours, relaxed sound.
The only concern for you perhaps is that it is not easy to drive. With 100ohm of impedance and 90 db of sensitivity makes it even harder to drive than DT880 pro 250ohm, but schiit magni can serve it well so it is no problem for me.
If you like the sound signature of beyerdynamic dt880, MB quart (german maestro)would be also the one for you. under $60, it is really a good bang for the buck.

Agree, the QP220 are very balance (reference studio, good for classic and acoustic music). I had the QP 250 and those hps definitely need some good amp to drive the 100 Ohm.

Jul 25, 2013 at 4:47 AM Post #45 of 266
Quote:
rolleyes.gif

Just tried it works fine. Haven't rally a/b'd with originals but it works though not a perfect fit. Acceptable >

That surprises me. I tried my GMP 8.300 with the Dog pads, and they fell off the cups so I assumed the Alpha pads would be likewise.
Now I'm curious how your 8.35 sound with the the Alpha pads....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back