Genius IEM marketing idea for the taking (meow)
Apr 24, 2021 at 10:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

earmonger

1000+ Head-Fier
OK, IEM makers. I was looking at how many IEMs--Penon, Dunu, Moondrop--use a pointy-nosed, sort of triangular shell.

And one day I noticed how similar it was to the sort of sculptural, triangular shape of a cat's head.

And, y'know, people love cats. It is a proven scientific fact (which I just made up) that 72.4% of the internet is cat videos. And of course cats have incredibly good hearing.

SO: Some company should make an IEM with a shell that looks like a cat's head.

It could easily NOT infringe on whatever copyrights Hello Kitty has. You could do tigers, tortoiseshells, tabbys, black cats, calicos, tuxedo cats. The budget brands could be domestic shorthairs and the high-end stuff could be breeds: Siamese, Persian, Burmese.

Google tells me there is a company called Cat Ear that makes IEMs--but they are bullet shaped! Lost opportunity.
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/cat-ear-audio-mia.24623/

As I said, people love cats.

Manufacturers, feel free to use this idea to make the best TOTL cat-shaped IEM imaginable supported with an ultra-cute marketing campaign (and donations to shelters).

And don't forget to send me a pair!

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2021 at 10:55 PM Post #2 of 7
😊
Screenshot_20210425-105414_Gallery.jpg

Apr 24, 2021 at 11:06 PM Post #4 of 7
Apr 25, 2021 at 10:01 AM Post #6 of 7
I have those:

Brookstone Axent Wear Wireless Cat Ear Headphones.png

Brookstone Axent Wear Wireless Cat Ear Headphones (there's even a limited Ariane Grande edition of them available). Wireless and wired operation (the batteries, however, need to be charged for the latter, which is somewhat unfortunate), different colours selectable (yes, those are built-in LEDs) plus various light modes (flashing, transitions, beat mode, strobe, solid colour), and last but not least, there are even speakers inside the cat ears that can be activated by just the press of a button (and even cooler, one can choose between headphones only, speakers only, or both).

While Brookstone doesn't seem to make any cat earphones, cat IEMs are indeed a thing - just google/yahoo/bing/duckduckgo/whatever for "cat earbuds".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back