Genesis
Jun 29, 2007 at 9:49 PM Post #61 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by tjohnusa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh yes...love "Playing The Fool" one of the best live albums ever in my opinion. I also love "Aquiring The Taste" but thought that may be a little over the top for a GG newbie.

Thanks Randerson, bumping this made me realize I missed this comment. Seems we have another "Acquiring the Taste" fan in our midst. Amazing album.

/hijack

Jun 29, 2007 at 9:55 PM Post #62 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by randerson3024 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway is a masterpiece.

You damn right!
580smile.gif
Very enjoyable album.

Is it too much to ask from people to just enjoy the music and not to join random cults dedicated to insert band name here?
tongue.gif

Jun 29, 2007 at 9:56 PM Post #63 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendaleViper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks Randerson, bumping this made me realize I missed this comment. Seems we have another "Acquiring the Taste" fan in our midst. Amazing album.

/hijack

I don't negotiate with terrorists **** sucker! This thread will not be hijacked!
tongue.gif

Jun 29, 2007 at 10:00 PM Post #64 of 79
I still very much like Genesis, however, the lyrics are just not the same without Peter Gabriel around. I wish they would be remastered on XRCD or SACD!

Jun 29, 2007 at 10:23 PM Post #66 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Pak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the Definitive Edition remasters sound good, but the custom remasters someone did from those discs are excellent.

Selling England by the Pound is my favorite (Genesis) album.

Was that after Peter Gabriel left? I just bought a set from Elusive Disk of SACD's and DVD-A's that sound really good. I'm also a closet ...And Then There Were Three fan.
icon10.gif

Jun 30, 2007 at 4:13 PM Post #67 of 79
Quote:

I think the Definitive Edition remasters sound good, but the custom remasters someone did from those discs are excellent.

Any more info about this? Are you talking about the new SACD/DVD releases or another version?

Jun 30, 2007 at 5:17 PM Post #68 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by randerson3024 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Was that after Peter Gabriel left? I just bought a set from Elusive Disk of SACD's and DVD-A's that sound really good. I'm also a closet ...And Then There Were Three fan.
icon10.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by gp_hebert /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any more info about this? Are you talking about the new SACD/DVD releases or another version?

No they're remastered using the DE source material. They were never for sale or widely distributed.

Jul 2, 2007 at 6:18 PM Post #69 of 79
I saw some new versions of the Genesis albums last week.

They're newly remastered and contain 5.1 mixes along with some DVD bonuses. A bit on the expensive side though, think $22 each.

I may pick one up to see if they're any better than the remasters.

Funny thing is they announced Lamb, REMIXED/remastered 2 or 3 years ago and never mentioned the others. Turns out I saw all of the other albums and no sign of Lamb. That album I'd definitely buy.

Jul 9, 2007 at 5:06 AM Post #71 of 79
"Watcher Of The Skies" is one of my favorite Genesis tracks.
And "Supper's Ready" was 22 minutes of excellence!

Not much more on the album though - "Time Table" and "Can Utility" are rather dull to me. "Get Em Out By Friday" was good but nowhere near as good as "Watcher" and "Supper's Ready" but those 2 tracks comprise more than half the album so in my book it's still a great album
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 9, 2007 at 9:30 PM Post #73 of 79
Quote:

Selling England by the Pound is my favorite (Genesis) album.

Mastering is not the end all be all. It's all in the music, if a nice remaster happens to be made of an album I already enjoy it just adds some extra enjoyment. I don't care what a remastered Doors album sounds like, I can't stand their music so it doesn't matter to me.

Jul 9, 2007 at 9:32 PM Post #74 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by Otto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I recommend,
The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway
Seconds Out is a good live album

x2 on this.

Jul 11, 2007 at 1:59 AM Post #75 of 79
"Invisible Touch" was the first CD I ever owned -- I think I was 11 or 12 back then. Well over a decade later it's one of the few albums I can listen to cover to cover and never get bored. I only have the LP right now and no table to put it on.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back