https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/geek-wold-gk100.26460/reviews#review-31384
DSC_0070.jpeg_done.jpeg
DSC_0021.jpegdon.jpeg

Oct 7, 2023 at 11:05 AM Post #1,593 of 1,630
Any feedback on GK20 ?

Oct 7, 2023 at 11:36 AM Post #1,594 of 1,630
Nothing on GK20 or 200 ☹️

Oct 8, 2023 at 5:27 PM Post #1,596 of 1,630
gk20 graph looks good. gk200 is out of my price bracket would need to hear that and compare to gk100 to buy. Not seen any reviews or anything. Been months of gk100 and all it needs is 4db subbass 2db bass extra like. My small dap only can only add around 62hz so got 2db there and at 100hz. 4db at 40 and 2db at 60 and 1db at 100 would be my 11/10 set haha
1696800322019.png

Oct 13, 2023 at 8:17 AM Post #1,597 of 1,630
I purchased GK200 a few days ago and after about 1-week burn-in, i can say this set definitely sounds fantastic with rich and full-bodied mids and non-intrusive highs. The low end has decent quantity, rumbles like a sub-woofer without bleeding into other frequencies. Soundstaging wise, IMHO, depth and width are both acceptable with voices and intruments positioned precisely; personally i don't expect small IEMs like this to have a vast and expansive soundstage but this one surprises me with the ability to pinpiont every musical nuance effortlessly in the oval stage recreated by it. Unfortunately I neither listened to nor have its predecessor, GK100, for a proper comparison but after reading all the reviews about the perceived harsh and over-bright highs on GK100, i'd say highs on this new set may be tamed or a little rolled off, which will likely make some treble heads here dissatisfied and prefer the sparkling or perhaps airier treble of GK100.
Some caveats about using this set. 1. You need to have some quality tips for this set to shine because the supplied tips are total crap and none is suitable for me, making me feel my set may be broken when initially using it with them. However, tip rolling may be fun for people here.
2. The supplied OCC and graphene mixed cable is of decent quality and only has 4.4MM balanced termination. IDK if the stock cable is made by HAKUGEI just like the one with GK100 but this time it is a two-strand co-axial type. Lacking the 3 in 1 connector seen on GK100 may be inconvenient if you often switch between different sources, for example, switching to my PC without 4.4mm balanced output is impossible.

Oct 15, 2023 at 6:53 AM Post #1,598 of 1,630
Here are more thoughts on GK200 after some tip and cable rolling.
I have tried three pairs of tips and three cables and they do have various impacts on the sonic performance of GK200.
The tips i tried are moondrop spring tips, ddhifi st35 and acoustune aet06 double flange, all of which are M size; the cables i used are a 4-strand silver-plated OCC cable with a 3 in 1 plug, a 7n occ plus graphene shielded AgAuPd alloy core 2-strand coaxial cable and a gold-plated 5n silver 8-strand cable. Below I will refer to them as 1, 2, 3 for tips and A,B,C for cables respectively.
The tips cost me around 15 bucks in total (7 for 1, 4 for both 2 and 3), cable A cost me nothing as it is the stock cable of one IEM I sold earlier while B and C cost me 200 bukcs and 40 bucks.
As for tips, 2 wins as it beats 1 in bass punch, clarity in lower mids and slightly brighter treble and equals 1 in soundstage size; with 3, gk200 sadly sounds a bit overbright, lean and dry as it doesn't fit my ear canal; 1 is still a good choice for more bass quantity but less punch and an overall more laid-back experience.
As for cables, I run into a more complicated situation. First, I have to say it is pairing, not cable materials or price, that matters the most because I find that the supplied cable (occ & graphene mixing) is not a good choice as it muffles the low end and darkens the sound. This remains so with cable B but to a lesser degree; however pairing it with GK200 does result in a larger soundstage. Luckily cable B pairs well with my other IEMs so 200 bucks is not spent in vain. IDK why GK team chooses such a graphene cable as the stock cable with their flagship model, maybe for aesthetics as the brownish copper and black mixing color is indeed eyecandy at least for me.
Cable C dampens the bass, meaning it decreases the bass quantity by a very large margin while presenting a somewhat creamy mids and smoother treble. It is hard to say if this cable pairs well with GK200 as it is quite unique in presenting music that way. Thus i sometimes will pair my GK200 with it to listen to some female vocals and instrumental music.
The biggest surprise comes from cable A, which clears the low end muffled by the two graphene cables (stock and cable B), restores neutrality to the sound and yet costs nothing. With A, I can say the tuning of the upper end on GK200 is spot-on. Pairing OCC cable also helps with the treble extension, making the upper region reach an ideal level in terms of both quality and quantity, albeit not so bright as treble on GK100. It is my go-to cable now.
So from my experience with tips & cables, I can conclude that GK200 hates graphene and synergizes with pure OCC or silver-plated OCC and the supplied tips & cable don' t do it justice. Pairing it with the right cable and tips will truly realize its potential.
I may be wrong as further burn-in likely changes something or it is due to personal preferences so take what I said about graphene cable with a grain of salt.

Nov 12, 2023 at 11:44 AM Post #1,600 of 1,630
Screen Shot 2023-11-12 at 7.49.57 PM.png
Geek Wold GK200 6BA + 2 Piezoelectric + 2DD Hybrid 2Pin 0.78mm HiFi Audiophile In-ear Earphone IEM

Description

10 driver: 6 balanced armature + 2 piezoelectric ceramics + 2 dynamic
3 channel 4-way crossover: 4 ultra-high frequency + 2 high frequency + 2 mid-high frequency + 2 low frequency
Patent driver technology: balanced armature + dynamic + piezoelectric ceramics
3D resin printing
High-quality earphone cable: single crystal copper + graphene materials
Ergonomic design: wear firm and comfortable

Self-developed 8mm coaxial dual-cavity dynamic is responsible for low frequency
LCP diaphragm is responsible for low frequency of dynamic, and composite titanium diaphragm is responsible for low frequency compensation.

GK200 adopts 4-way crossover, 3 channel design
Low frequency: 8mm coaxial dual-cavity dynamic is responsible for low frequency.
Mid frequency: 2 large size full-band BA responsible for mid frequency.
High frequency: 2 custom large size BA responsible for high frequency.
Ultra-high frequency: 2 BA responsible for ultra-high frequency + 2 composite piezoelectric ceramics responsible for ultra-high frequency compensation.

GK200 sound characteristics and design ideas
4-way crossover, 3 channel design, high resolution with excellent separation, wide sound field.
Low frequency: have the characteristics of good low frequency texture, deep diving and full elasticity.
Mid frequency: clear and transparent voice, high resolution, good details, full and warm.
High frequency: detail is rich, the resolution is high, and the position and timbre of the instrument are restored to a high degree.
Ultra-high frequency: 2 custom BA enhance the high frequency extension, enhance the sense of space, more rich details. 2 composite piezoelectric ceramics, the sound detail resolution is more rich, the resolution quality is better, so that the low frequency, mid frequency, high frequency connection is more smooth.

3D printing technology
GK200 adopts more creative 3D resin printing technology to meet the needs of sound technology. It adopts 3-channel design to reduce sound interference between different drivers. GK200 has designed an internal and external circulation pressure relief valve to balance the pressure in the ear canal and the ear housing, and adopts ergonomic design to make wearing more comfortable.

HiFi 4 strand silver-plated braided cable
GK200 custom high specification 4.4mm balanced plug, 2pin 0.78mm cable, single crystal copper + graphene material, the wire adopts coaxial structure, with shielding layer to prevent signal interference, up to 728 cores.

Specification
Model: GK200
Driver: 6 balanced armature + 2 piezoelectric ceramics + 2 dynamic
Frequency: 20-40kHz
Impedance: 16Ω
Sensitivity: 105dB
Shell material: resin 3D printing
Connector: 2pin 0.78mm
Cable: 4 strand single crystal copper + graphene silver-plated braided cable
Cable length: 1.2m
Plug: 4.4mm balanced

Package
GK200
9 pairs of eartips
Storage box
Cross-post: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-discovery-thread.586909/post-17816726

Dec 11, 2023 at 11:04 AM Post #1,602 of 1,630
THING HAPPENED today my set of GK200 landed and upgraded GK10S.
1702310545568.png

Before i burn em in and do video review of em what can i say on quick. It sounds like refined gk100 lows and low mids got more BODY when im listening my gk100 im adding 2db at 60hz for fuller warmer low end. Gk200 does not need anything extra.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2023 at 11:07 AM Post #1,603 of 1,630
KG10S sound like my gk10 after vent mods iw done. Sealed up front vent and made new rear vents. I was very happy with my gk10 AFTER mods it was reason why i pulled trigger on 200 bucks gk100 without any reviews anywhere and was totally worth it as for last dunno 8 months ?? Gk100 became my most used earphone and made all others obsolete basically
1702310702127.png

Dec 11, 2023 at 11:26 AM Post #1,605 of 1,630
THING HAPPENED today my set of GK200 landed and upgraded GK10S.
1702310545568.png

Before i burn em in and do video review of em what can i say on quick. It sounds like refined gk100 lows and low mids got more BODY when im listening my gk100 im adding 2db at 60hz for fuller warmer low end. Gk200 does not need anything extra.
Eagerly waiting for your comparison between the two, especially if the highs were tamed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back