Geek Wold Discussion
Apr 20, 2023 at 1:40 AM Post #1,516 of 1,630
Screenshot_2023-04-20-12-39-15-452-edit_com.facebook.katana.jpg

GK100 barely out, and now GK120..

Apr 20, 2023 at 3:48 PM Post #1,520 of 1,630
@Neithan finished watching myself and i guess Iw not noticed any sharp treble cause i not even tried silicone tips foams straight away.
I haven't finished watching yet but it makes sense.
What foam's did you use? I have a bunch of Comply's around that I don't use anymore because I feel they muffle the sound too much

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2023 at 1:18 PM Post #1,522 of 1,630
After listened all the review I'm going to skip this ones.
In terms of detail retrieval they are similar to the Timeless OG, but with less bass and less natural sound...

I will keep an eye for other reviews, but for now, I´m out...
I can uderstand. I got plenty of weird iem's and like i said like most of what i buy. Im not in search of perfect natural sound as Music i mostly listen to is synthetic haha. When doing daily Listening atm its my go to pick. Yesterday for change i was listening to my Shenzenheiser ie900 wannabe. Like from weird IEM's i got custom made to order EDL Mini Piano with tesla driver's (they are 80 bucks alone) thats 110 bucks i just took chance and ordered with 0 reviews. And turns out its my best Single DD earphone http://www.earphonediylabs.com/ They are legit thats other thing i was not sure about if sent money to some scammers :D.

Apr 21, 2023 at 10:34 PM Post #1,523 of 1,630
Greetings everybody, new guy is here in search for the most detailed / analytical / clinical IEMs around $200.

How would you compare GK100 and Final A4000, seems like those two are the most resolving IEMs right now as far as I know, or may be there are some better detailed sets in the same price category?

Apr 21, 2023 at 10:42 PM Post #1,524 of 1,630
Greetings everybody, new guy is here in search for the most detailed / analytical / clinical IEMs around $200.

How would you compare GK100 and Final A4000, seems like those two are the most resolving IEMs right now as far as I know, or may be there are some better detailed sets in the same price category?

GK100 is more technical/analytical than the A4000, if that is your main criteria.

If you are living in the US, Harman and their ebay shop was selling the AKG N5005 at $199 USD a couple of weeks back, and that's an excellent price (release price was almost $1k USD). At that $199 USD price, it is a detailed beast, though it has thinner note weight than the GK100 and is more sibilant too. Not sure if the deal is still on though.

Alternatively, you can look at planar IEMs such as the 7Hz Timeless or Shuoer S12 Pro, those are pretty technical too, though their timbre is not as natural as on the GK100.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2023 at 11:22 PM Post #1,525 of 1,630
GK100 is more technical/analytical than the A4000, if that is your main criteria.

If you are living in the US, Harman and their ebay shop was selling the AKG N5005 at $199 USD a couple of weeks back, and that's an excellent price (release price was almost $1k USD). At that $199 USD price, it is a detailed beast, though it has thinner note weight than the GK100 and is more sibilant too. Not sure if the deal is still on though.

Alternatively, you can look at planar IEMs such as the 7Hz Timeless or Shuoer S12 Pro, those are pretty technical too, though their timbre is not as natural as on the GK100.
Interesting, thank you very much for the suggestion, I heard about N5005 but I didn't know they are so detailed, I will keep them in mind for sure.

So GK100 is the resolving king around $200 right now, planar IEMs seems like do not have the best life like sound as you mentioned above and I want the most naturally sounding set, hence technical/analytical is the main criteria for me, A4000 would be perfect indeed with the great soundstage, yet the most detailed sound is my top priority.

Apr 22, 2023 at 12:12 PM Post #1,526 of 1,630
So Timmy from Gizaudio just did a first impression of the GK100.
Those o have this set agree with is impressions?

Personally I wouldn't trust much big guns reviewers like Timmy (sorry Timmy, nothing personal), they all have some kind of hidden agenda one way or another usually promoting large companies, after watching their reviews I always read comments below the video to get observations made by real people, and I trust opinions of "normal" guys like us much more than Timmy, like this guy for example:

Apr 22, 2023 at 1:28 PM Post #1,527 of 1,630
Personally I wouldn't trust much big guns reviewers like Timmy (sorry Timmy, nothing personal), they all have some kind of hidden agenda one way or another usually promoting large companies, after watching their reviews I always read comments below the video to get observations made by real people, and I trust opinions of "normal" guys like us much more than Timmy, like this guy for example:

Mmm I really would try these geek maybe with a pure copper cable

Apr 22, 2023 at 1:32 PM Post #1,528 of 1,630

HaHa thanks. Im no golden ear just like music gotta say im hapy with what i'w got for 200bucks. How many Harman IEM's can I have. got sensible amount of earphones and diy one iem for fun. After longer time with them in me i would not change anything if it goes for tonality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back