Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Oct 30, 2015 at 3:23 PM Post #9,871 of 13,800
I'm so excited! I got my 2G split cable in the mail today. Woo-hoo! And why am I so excited? Well besides my cable, they included some amazing nigh-quality packaging and also (I'm so lucky) a coupon for 15% off HDTracks! Those are so incredibly rare! I think I might list it on eBay and see what I get for it. I might have bought a few extra cables if I could have gotten a few more of these coupons!

Okay, sorry for the snarkyness, but it's getting to be like the old days of AOL CD-ROMS with the flippin' HDTracks coupon codes. And seriously, the packaging was a dozen foam peanuts in a USPS small flat rate box. I know the cables were "free" perks and all, but at least maybe a baggie with some literature on the cable? And how many people are going to know to look for the black-on-black band to see which the power leg is? I knew from my 10G, but not even a piece of paper showing the use-cases of the cable?

Cheers

Oct 30, 2015 at 3:58 PM Post #9,872 of 13,800
Hmmm...have a source coming, gave up the LPS when I went for the Vi Tube DAC instead of the Pulse. Keep hearing about different places to use the LPS, may have to spring for one or another one of these days, darn...

Oct 30, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #9,873 of 13,800
I'm so excited! I got my 2G split cable in the mail today. Woo-hoo! And why am I so excited? Well besides my cable, they included some amazing nigh-quality packaging and also (I'm so lucky) a coupon for 15% off HDTracks! Those are so incredibly rare! I think I might list it on eBay and see what I get for it. I might have bought a few extra cables if I could have gotten a few more of these coupons!

Okay, sorry for the snarkyness, but it's getting to be like the old days of AOL CD-ROMS with the flippin' HDTracks coupon codes. And seriously, the packaging was a dozen foam peanuts in a USPS small flat rate box. I know the cables were "free" perks and all, but at least maybe a baggie with some literature on the cable? And how many people are going to know to look for the black-on-black band to see which the power leg is? I knew from my 10G, but not even a piece of paper showing the use-cases of the cable?

Cheers

Funny that you mentioned it, I think they must be feeling the pressure of shipping fast.  I received two 2g within 2 weeks.  One was packaged really professional with a nice box and literature on the cable.  And then received one yesterday just like you described with a crapy USPS box. 

cheers

Oct 30, 2015 at 8:42 PM Post #9,876 of 13,800
  I don't think anyone did a direct comparison but they are both below 10uv of noise.. or 10mv?  whichever is lower.  But the Jay's displays the output voltage and has a trimpot on the back so you can adjust it to exactly 12 volts.  But there's no usb port to clean usb power so that's a minus.  I think the Jay's looks cooler.  It's definitely more affordable

I have both and will do a comparison this weekend!

Oct 31, 2015 at 12:25 AM Post #9,877 of 13,800
I get the sample rate pop as well. I don't think it will damage anything but kind of annoying if you are running a playlist with songs of different bit/sample rates. (Infinity 2.0)

Oct 31, 2015 at 4:38 AM Post #9,878 of 13,800
Just starting using my X Infinity 2.0 tonight...
Using headphones from the single ended out, as soon as I turn the volume knob in either direction the sound disappears. I have to disconnect/reconnect the USB cable or power-off/power-on to get sound to return. Same thing happens when I turn the volume knob again.

Anyone else have this problem before and any solution?

Oct 31, 2015 at 5:02 AM Post #9,879 of 13,800
  Just starting using my X Infinity 2.0 tonight...
Using headphones from the single ended out, as soon as I turn the volume knob in either direction the sound disappears. I have to disconnect/reconnect the USB cable or power-off/power-on to get sound to return. Same thing happens when I turn the volume knob again.

Anyone else have this problem before and any solution?

Have you checked the menu under Volume Setting to Knob Control. I also use the Apple Remote to control the volume from a distance...works beautifully.
I have had nil issues with the Infinity. I am sitting here listening to the Sibelius Symphonies by Paavo Berglund and the Bournemouth Symphony and am once again in awe of this wonder from Larry Ho and Light Harmonic Lab.

Leo

Oct 31, 2015 at 5:08 AM Post #9,880 of 13,800

Have you checked the menu under Volume Setting to Knob Control. I also use the Apple Remote to control the volume from a distance...works beautifully.
I have had nil issues with the Infinity. I am sitting here listening to the Sibelius Symphonies by Paavo Berglund and the Bournemouth Symphony and am once again in awe of this wonder from Larry Ho and Light Harmonic Lab.

Leo

I've tried that setting, when it's set to USB Control I can change the volume through windows/foobar2k. When it's in Knob Control the sound stops every time I try changing the volume by turning the knob. :frowning2:

Oct 31, 2015 at 5:16 AM Post #9,881 of 13,800

I've tried that setting, when it's set to USB Control I can change the volume through windows/foobar2k. When it's in Knob Control the sound stops every time I try changing the volume by turning the knob. :frowning2:

Hmmm, weird! May be time to fire off a message to support for a ticket. I have not heard many or even any serious problems with the Infinity, mostly settings confusion. Good luck my friend. I am sure they will help you quickly.

All the best
Leo

Oct 31, 2015 at 7:33 AM Post #9,882 of 13,800
Using Knob as volume control. Never had serious problems with my Infinity on v.1 chassis since late May. 

Oct 31, 2015 at 8:11 AM Post #9,885 of 13,800
Some questions on the 2G cable. Does the Data leg transmit any kind of power? i.e. is it possible to initiate handshake without power on the side of the PC/Mac? I am asking because I am toying with the idea of DIYing one myself or having it made by a friend. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back