blink.gif
 Yes it does!

Will change it but the idea is there.  

Nov 26, 2013 at 11:15 PM Post #424 of 13,800
  Yikess!
blink.gif
 Yes it does!

Will change it but the idea is there.  

Very nice indeed! If I may provide some input, it should be a female XLR jack, gain button so close to volume knob is asking for trouble, LEDs are nearly useless in dark i think a simple LCD would be much more intelligible and give a cleaner look IMO. Having small buttons in a vertical fashion for gain/source/3D next to LCD near the edge will give more space for large hands with the volume knob.
beerchug.gif

Nov 27, 2013 at 9:06 PM Post #425 of 13,800
Had more time today...
tongue_smile.gif

Based on a guessed faceplate dimensions based on pictures 1.25H x 3.75W?

From left to right:
1/4 TRS, 4-pin XLR, Gain. LEDs (Bitrate, Source when Source button is depressed), 3D switch, Volume, Source.

Led Color (Suggestions?)
BIT Rate: off white.
Volume LED on G, PCM: Off White  DSD: Amber.  

Led display is Sample rate by default, indicates source when pressed (overrides sample rate).
Depress once, indicate current source. Succeeding, changes source. After a few seconds reverts to sample rate.

For volume I think the Geek logo with indicator will suffice. 
If ever, with another override function, number of Leds increases/decreases when Knob is turned. Reverts to sample rate after few seconds. 

Geek Pulse

Geek Pulse X - Turned On

Another version ...

Some Da Vinci lovin'

Nov 28, 2013 at 4:25 AM Post #426 of 13,800
  Had more time today...
tongue_smile.gif

Based on a guessed faceplate dimensions based on pictures 1.25H x 3.75W?

From left to right:
1/4 TRS, 4-pin XLR, Gain. LEDs (Bitrate, Source when Source button is depressed), 3D switch, Volume, Source.

Led Color (Suggestions?)
BIT Rate: off white.
Volume LED on G, PCM: Off White  DSD: Amber.  

Any indication between DSD 64 and DSD 128 ?  
My Mytek showing DSD for DSD 64, and HDSD for DSD 128.

Since Geek Pulse X is a pretty much different beast than the Geek Pulse, any new kick starter project for this model and early backer opportunity?

Nov 28, 2013 at 5:21 AM Post #427 of 13,800
This is just for fun...
biggrin.gif
 Larry, likes it.
Volume control knob (G) changes color. If ON/PCM - Off White, DSD - Amber. Plus Bitrate LEDs.
For DSD: DSD64 no LED, DSD128 - 2x, DSD256 - 4x etc...

Geek Pulse X is an upgrade of Geek Pulse for $149...

See their IGG Geek Pulse campaign: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/geek-pulse-a-digital-audio-awesomifier-for-your-desktop/

You must have backed Geek Pulse - $299 (early bird) to avail an upgrade to Pulse X - $140. Total: $439 (add $40 for International)
They have currently a Black Friday offer for buying additional. See LHlabs site.

Nov 28, 2013 at 2:50 PM Post #428 of 13,800
  They have currently a Black Friday offer for buying additional. 

Or for contributing for the first time. The only requirement I saw was that you needed to be a GeekForce member, a forum user of their website. Their description makes it seems that they assume you have already contributed for one unit already but they don't list it as a requirement.

Feel free to correct me please.

Nov 28, 2013 at 3:30 PM Post #429 of 13,800
On what I understood (English is not my native language), you have to be only a Geek Force member (Forum member) and that's it.

Choose from the perks entitled for forum members (add shipping if international) and that's it.

Limited quantities though... 

Nov 28, 2013 at 4:37 PM Post #430 of 13,800
Hey mickey.  How about a mini-your-take-on-Pulse in the DaVinci DAC style design?  I'd like to see that!

Nov 28, 2013 at 5:15 PM Post #432 of 13,800

Or for contributing for the first time. The only requirement I saw was that you needed to be a GeekForce member, a forum user of their website. Their description makes it seems that they assume you have already contributed for one unit already but they don't list it as a requirement.

Feel free to correct me please.

I'm 100% sure the black friday things are for geek force members to get 2nd amps.. maybe you can get both your first and 2nd amp today but you definitely can't just get one amp at the special price without already contributing for one at the normal price

Nov 28, 2013 at 6:21 PM Post #433 of 13,800
  I'm 100% sure the black friday things are for geek force members to get 2nd amps.. maybe you can get both your first and 2nd amp today but you definitely can't just get one amp at the special price without already contributing for one at the normal price

I emailed them to get clarification on it.

Nov 28, 2013 at 7:09 PM Post #435 of 13,800
  Hey mickey.  How about a mini-your-take-on-Pulse in the DaVinci DAC style design?  I'd like to see that!

See previous post....well? done in a hurry...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back