gdgt
Jan 8, 2010 at 5:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

bcpk

1000+ Head-Fier
Does anybody else here have a gdgt profile? I guess it's kind of like last.fm except for gadgets. You can keep track of what gadgets you have, want, had and discuss and review them.

My profile is here : bcpk's profile - gdgt

The catalogue is by user addition, so started adding IEMs, Amps, etc!

Jan 8, 2010 at 5:26 PM Post #3 of 9
So this is a site where prepubers get to display their coveted, mass produced cellphones, cameras and laptops? . My lovingly assembled audio gear will not slum with pop-culture tokens that have been geekily drooled over by awkward teens at the BestBuy. No Sir.

Jan 8, 2010 at 5:41 PM Post #4 of 9
Ha-ha no gdgt was started by the people who started Engadget. And its meant to be a combination of Engadget news, and the worlds biggest catalog of gadgets. The catalog is all user created also, so if they don't have something that you have owned you can let them know with a link and they will add it. Yes you have a profile to show what you have,want, and had but that is by no means the biggest point. But as you so eloquently put what you thought of the site without giving it a real look feel free to pass on by.
wink.gif

Jan 8, 2010 at 5:43 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So this is a site where prepubers get to display their coveted, mass produced cellphones, cameras and laptops? . My lovingly assembled audio gear will not slum with pop-culture tokens that have been geekily drooled over by awkward teens at the BestBuy. No Sir.

No, this is head-fi where elitists get to display their coveted breadboards hand made by vegan lesbians, sleep in sheets of ERS paper and speak disdainfully of awkward teens wearing garishly coloured plastic trinkets. You should fit right in here, welcome.

Jan 8, 2010 at 5:50 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So this is a site where prepubers get to display their coveted, mass produced *snip*

You just described head-fi.

Jan 8, 2010 at 5:59 PM Post #7 of 9
Back to the thread topic now haha. I like gdgt, i think they can still improve it but it hasn't even been open for a year yet. I noticed there isn't a lot of head-fi stuff so I started to add a few things.

Jan 8, 2010 at 6:01 PM Post #8 of 9
Unlike on reddit, when you post a news link there's no option to comment on the news link. Since gdgt is kind of lower scale in terms of traffic than say Engadget, it would be nice if I could discuss an Engadget article on gdgt when there's already 500 comments on the Engadget post itself.

I also wish there was a list of just the gadgets that a user has, rather than the recent activity thing.

Jan 8, 2010 at 6:59 PM Post #9 of 9
I like how under each gadget there is a discussion area for reviews and questions or whatever you want. Its like each gadget has a mini forum. It's kind of like Engadget meets Cnet.....sort of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back