Gaming/Portable/Music Closed Headphone Recommendatins
Aug 17, 2014 at 5:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Jalebreak

New Head-Fier
Hi I'm new to the good headphone scene but through having a couple pair of gaming headphones I at east know what style I want. The problem is I don't know whats good. I need a pair of closed cans that i can wear portable but also hook up to my pc for gaming purposes/home listening. I like most genres of music aside from classical so an an all rounder wouldnt be a bad idea. I like punchy bass with a good bit of impac t(bit of a basshead) but not to the point where its really distorted and causes everything else to be muddy. I dont really know much about the treble. As for an amp id prefer to not require an amp. My budget is $180 any help would be appreciated. (I'm in the Scotland in the U.K but converted my actual budget from £ to $)

The ones I've seen so far that seem to be a close call between are the ATH-m50x and the Hfi-580 but I'm open to suggestions from more experienced ears. Any help would be appreciated.

Aug 17, 2014 at 2:26 PM Post #4 of 8
Aug 17, 2014 at 2:29 PM Post #5 of 8
I recommend the Creative Aurvana Live! 2 ...

It is portable, bassy, comfy and warm. It has a big soundstage which makes it good for gaming as well....

Aug 17, 2014 at 5:34 PM Post #7 of 8
Thanks for the link just having a look into them I'm kind of goign off the ath-m50x and now leaning more towards the creative aurvana live 2, anyone know how they compare to AKG K550 as they seem pretty nice too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back