Gaming/music headphones
Jan 20, 2014 at 1:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Crado

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I am looking for new headphones but don't know which to buy.

I will be using it mainly for gaming but also want to listen a decent amount of music with it.
Currently I own the sennheiser momentum which aren't bad but not too great when you're wearing them too long.
I have a xonar essence ST sound card in my pc at this moment.
My budget is 450-500 max but less is always good :wink:

If you guys have any suggestions I would love to hear them!

Thanks,
Crado

Jan 20, 2014 at 4:00 PM Post #3 of 8
Thanks for the reply I already saw them on the forum. Guess I'm just a bit sceptical about it being philips. I don't hear a lot about philips audio wise besides these headphones. Would you say these are better then the AKG 712 PRO when it comes to both music and games?

Jan 20, 2014 at 4:19 PM Post #4 of 8
  Thanks for the reply I already saw them on the forum. Guess I'm just a bit sceptical about it being philips. I don't hear a lot about philips audio wise besides these headphones. Would you say these are better then the AKG 712 PRO when it comes to both music and games?

For the price, most def. I have not listened to the K712 but from what I've read, the K712 has better mids and a slightly better sound stage but the X1 has more bass which enhances immersion. The X1's are great because it's pretty much the best all around headphones. The X1's are great for gaming. Just the other day I went 25-5 in TDM which is the highest score I've ever gotten. I had no problems locating enemies and I kind of felt like I was cheating.
biggrin.gif

Jan 20, 2014 at 4:30 PM Post #5 of 8
  For the price, most def. I have not listened to the K712 but from what I've read, the K712 has better mids and a slightly better sound stage but the X1 has more bass which enhances immersion. The X1's are great because it's pretty much the best all around headphones. The X1's are great for gaming. Just the other day I went 25-5 in TDM which is the highest score I've ever gotten. I had no problems locating enemies and I kind of felt like I was cheating.
biggrin.gif

Thanks a lot. I have been checking them out a bit more and they seem pretty good actually! Do you recommend an amp with it? As said before I currently have a xonar essence ST soundcard. If anyone has any other suggestions I would like to hear them! :)

Jan 20, 2014 at 4:48 PM Post #6 of 8

Thanks a lot. I have been checking them out a bit more and they seem pretty good actually! Do you recommend an amp with it? As said before I currently have a xonar essence ST soundcard. If anyone has any other suggestions I would like to hear them! :)

You would probably need to upgrade to a better amp if you buy the k712's. The X1 will sound great with your sound card. I'm currently using my Creative ZXR to drive my X1's.

Jan 20, 2014 at 5:52 PM Post #8 of 8
Trust me, there are no better options for gaming and for the price. I've been researching for months. I'd choose the X1's over the He-500's which I used to own. Those headphones go for $600. Amazon has the X1's on sale until the end of this month. If you choose another headphone, you will have to compromise on either the highs, lows or mids. The X1's are good at everything. GL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back