Gaming mice and audio
Jan 29, 2022 at 12:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

indstri

New Head-Fier
Wanted to see what folks on HF were using regarding gaming mice and audio--especially for FPS. I personally own way too many mice and currently am preferring the Finalmouse Starlight-12 (small) and the HD800s with a stand alone mic.

Curious to see what other audiophile minded are using vs the more common players.

Feb 1, 2022 at 8:53 PM Post #2 of 19
For gaming, I use the Fidelio X2HR with vmoda mic. Mice, I use the Corsair Iron Claw and Glaive, but I'm not a serious gamer. Keyboard is the K95 Platinum.

Feb 2, 2022 at 8:39 AM Post #3 of 19
I'm using the logitech G502, i tried the lightspeed but my hands are too big for the type of claw grip i hold it with.

I'm using the beyerdynamic dt 1990 pro through a soundblaster G6 with a hyperx podcast mic on a stand. Just bought a pair of HD800s and would like a new amp to power them but don't really know what

Feb 2, 2022 at 8:44 AM Post #5 of 19
I'm using the logitech G502, i tried the lightspeed but my hands are too big for the type of claw grip i hold it with.

I'm using the beyerdynamic dt 1990 pro through a soundblaster G6 with a hyperx podcast mic on a stand. Just bought a pair of HD800s and would like a new amp to power them but don't really know what
I also have the 1990, and I really like them for their clarity. I don't have the 800S but run my Arya's through a Burson Soloist 3XP. Prior to that, I had a THX789 which was also very good but more analytical. Definitely not the same class of amp, but I would say get the best you can afford if you plan on growing your collection.

Feb 16, 2022 at 8:23 AM Post #8 of 19
Gaming mouses are just marketing, like all the 'gaming' crap out there. I use El cheapO mouseO. No rip-off Oso.

Most important factor for me is reliability and durability (just like controllers). Long lasting clicking switches.

I don't need 'gaming' anything outside the gaming rigs. I use speakers whenever I can for movies and gaming. Get something practical for when in an environment necessary for headphone.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2022 at 2:17 AM Post #9 of 19
Used to have the Zowie EC1-A for the last 5 years, but recently finally decided to cut the cord with the Glorious Model D Wireless.

For audio, LCD-2 / LCD-3. Does pretty good job with immersion, I think.

Jan 4, 2024 at 4:27 AM Post #12 of 19
I also use the G Pro Superlight for FPS. Not surprised at its popularity. Outside of FPS I use a Mionix Naos Pro which is just about the most comfortable palm grip mouse ever.

Sound, HD650 with a Modmic, though for immersive games I'll use Stax. But that's way overkill for anything competitive, electrostats just drown you in information and make it hard to focus. For single-player atmospheric games though it's great.

Jan 4, 2024 at 11:21 AM Post #13 of 19
Wanted to see what folks on HF were using regarding gaming mice and audio--especially for FPS. I personally own way too many mice and currently am preferring the Finalmouse Starlight-12 (small) and the HD800s with a stand alone mic.

Curious to see what other audiophile minded are using vs the more common players.
Razer Viper Ultimate Wireless - I think. Keyboard is something i built using a DROP chassis, quiet switches, and a custom set of keycaps. Gaming headset is the Audeze Maxwell, even though I don't really love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back