Galaxy S3 sound test result - Golden ears Korean
Jun 26, 2012 at 5:47 AM Post #2 of 11
Good objective performance. Not great though.

As expected i guess. It matches the impressions of seasoned listeners.

Still an audible step below iPhones. :frowning2:

Jun 26, 2012 at 5:55 AM Post #3 of 11
Quote:
Good objective performance. Not great though.

As expected i guess. It matches the impressions of seasoned listeners.

Still an audible step below iPhones. :frowning2:

yeah I was expecting more when I heard Samsung was teaming up with the voodoo sound
developer for the sounds, but atleast it is still the best result from Android and it features
the great 'soundalive' I will still prefer Galaxy3 over iphone.

Jun 26, 2012 at 6:17 AM Post #4 of 11
For the 98% of users the SIII audio would be more than adequate. The low volume output is the main issue now but i'm sure that Supercurio will take care of it soon.

Anyway i belong to the 2% that spends hundreds of bucks on multidriver iems hence i'll remain on the iPhone boat since music ranks first in my book.

Jun 26, 2012 at 6:22 AM Post #5 of 11
Quote:
For the 98% of users the SIII audio would be more than adequate. The low volume output is the main issue now but i'm sure that Supercurio will take care of it soon.

Anyway i belong to the 2% that spends hundreds of bucks on multidriver iems hence i'll remain on the iPhone boat since music ranks first in my book.

Be a true listener and carry your DAC with you 
wink.gif

GS3 supports DAC output lol

Jun 26, 2012 at 4:22 PM Post #7 of 11
Quote:
I don't believe in external dacs when the internal one is very good :wink:

And an external DAC for a phone seems a bit silly to me....lol.

Jun 26, 2012 at 4:35 PM Post #8 of 11
For the 98% of users the SIII audio would be more than adequate. The low volume output is the main issue now but i'm sure that Supercurio will take care of it soon. Anyway i belong to the 2% that spends hundreds of bucks on multidriver iems hence i'll remain on the iPhone boat since music ranks first in my book.

Yep on the same boat - I have a spare 32 gig iPhone 4 serving as my main portable music player. Don't see that changing in the near conceivable future.

Sep 24, 2012 at 7:53 PM Post #9 of 11
I wonder how it compares to the venerable Galaxy S with wolfson DAC.  Such a shame the US models got shafted of the wolfson :frowning2:

does anyone know what DAC iphone5 uses?  hopefully back to wolfson?  :xf_eek:

Feb 23, 2013 at 1:37 PM Post #10 of 11
I wouldn't worry about DACs at this level, output impedance is key especially when using lower impedance IEMs. The whole DAC talk is grossly overrated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back